Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2019, 08:47 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
I know plenty of Estonian millenials who had to learn it well in to the nineties... By the way I lived(in parishes you probably don't know exist) and worked in Estonia and could speak and write the language as good as a native... Have distant family who go back generation there... I didn't Google Estonia.......

I have people who were in the war and still live there on speed dial, or I can just call someone born and raised there from the other room... It was once illegal to not learn Russian there, and they were still forced to learn in the nineties... Easily provable...

Maybe I'll bring up what they do to handicap people and the homeless or social misfits in Estonia...
You know millennials who were in high school in the nineties?

You know that was a quarter century ago right?

My friends went to high school there in early 2000's (and no Russian taught then) so I'd put the time somewhere in the late 90s if what you are saying is true. But that means its still been 20 years since it occurred and so is not "still" happening. I could ask them when but they would wonder why in the world I would be curious so I'd rather not...

What I experienced in Estonia my first night was me translating for some old Russian women at my hotel because the young staff only spoke Estonian and English. This was...I think 2006 give or take a year. I could hardly believe it and partially thought I was dreaming it (long day, no sleep on the plane). I suggest perhaps you try Googling Estonia and learn something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 08:50 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
No soup kitchens or welfare.. Plenty of homeless who usually sleep in one of the many abandoned broken up structures

Long lines of drunk pensioners at every store in the country on certain days of the week. They use the bathroom in public and attack people.. Don't be around if you're female

There is a common term in the rare case a mentally handicap person came out in daylight

At least up till I was last there a year ago blacks didn't come out during day except around Tallinn.. There was a popular american-english term for them and it wasn't exactly whispered.. Every parish

Orphans and runaways everywhere.. Drunk dads or disagreeing with the wrong people gets you alienated and unemployable.. Females usually get exploited because they have no place to go

Alcoholism so bad women had to cut lawns, cut firewood, and pay all the bills.. Police would be overwhelmed if reporting domestic violence was acceptable. I had a lot of neighbors who would kick there wives out if they didn't do mens work while the man drank vodka and watched TV...

Again, I didn't Google Estonia.. PC and other BS narrative about countries simply don't go unnoticed sometimes, sorry..
Sounds like the time I was living in Moscow. Every sentence.

Old 03-31-2019, 09:16 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Yes, all was precisely this in 90s. Thank God, we got out of this s**t.

Old 03-31-2019, 09:22 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:

Uh, "market rulez" and stuff.
GDP, PPP, growth of economy 20%, success, "trickling down," har-har-har.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:28 AM

834 posts, read 1,016,107 times
Quote:
You know millennials who were in high school in the nineties?

You know that was a quarter century ago right?

My friends went to high school there in early 2000's (and no Russian taught then) so I'd put the time somewhere in the late 90s if what you are saying is true. But that means its still been 20 years since it occurred and so is not "still" happening. I could ask them when but they would wonder why in the world I would be curious so I'd rather not...

What I experienced in Estonia my first night was me translating for some old Russian women at my hotel because the young staff only spoke Estonian and English. This was...I think 2006 give or take a year. I could hardly believe it and partially thought I was dreaming it (long day, no sleep on the plane). I suggest perhaps you try Googling Estonia and learn something.

I last lived there late 2017... Mandatory Russian was literally the only change, and even still: try and get away with not learning a second language in school, or not knowing advanced algebra by your mid teens... This is one of those things that will make you the town black-sheep in a matter of days and there is no special education there..

Also, if you're poor and don't inherit a home in Estonia you better be extremely talented at social networking.. Like I said it's pretty common for drunk dads to just boot the families out in the middle of the night there.. 2.50€ vodka sales more than food in Estonia; maybe not as much as American brand cigarettes..

Yes it's a lot like Russia despite how much Estonians, especially Estonians who ironically moved to other countries and married rich people, love to preach otherwise..

Old 04-01-2019, 05:49 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Natalie Fileva is dead. As is her husband and a pilot. She was co owner of S7 airlines.

https://siberiantimes.com/other/othe...sh-in-germany/

On the good side in the 7th pic down look at the young girl. Hilarious.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:19 AM

243 posts, read 268,100 times
Are non whites heavily discriminated against in Russia? (Moscow)

Old 04-02-2019, 12:23 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliefNorth View Post
Are non whites heavily discriminated against in Russia? (Moscow)
Excuse me, what does "white" mean, is it a political party, a historical movement or a skin color?

Old 04-02-2019, 04:11 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times
Siberian, Timofey Yuriev, who live in USA was rescued two dogs from ice water.

Quote:
The average bystander might be reluctant to plunge into icy waters in order to save two distressed canines, but thankfully, Timofey Yuriev happened to be in the right place at the right time.

In addition to spending time in Canada, Yuriev grew up in Siberia – so needless to say, he is accustomed to the cold.

Additionally, the 45-year-old is an experienced swimmer and free diver.

His unique skillset then came in handy earlier this week when he and his wife were walking their dog Kira around the Irvington Reservoir in New York.
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/when...er-saved-them/

Old 04-02-2019, 05:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
We need this in the west. Hell, make it an Olympic event!!!! Boxing is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGWAIkfTC3s&app=desktop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe