Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2019, 08:59 PM

427 posts, read 245,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, that should make quite an impression:

I''d love to be a fly on the wall, to watch their reaction.
No reason to mock me. I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 09:04 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousAboutRussia View Post
No reason to mock me. I appreciate it.
Well, but, that's basically it, isn't it? You do realize what an unusual request this is, don't you? I'm kind of rooting for you; I love Russia, myself. So I can't help rooting for your naively charming self, which is why I spend so much time with you on these threads. I can't help myself. Still, this might make some wavelets in consular circles.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Well, but, that's basically it, isn't it? You do realize what an unusual request this is, don't you? I'm kind of rooting for you; I love Russia, myself. So I can't help rooting for your naively charming self, which is why I spend so much time with you on these threads. I can't help myself. Still, this might make some wavelets in consular circles.
Yeah, I understand. I'm just super sensitive to criticism, which is something I have to work on.

When I emailed them, you wouldn't have to be a fly on the wall, because I wouldn't include the first part. I'd just ask about the visa.

I guess I'll look for a local language class as well.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Ok, first of all, you do not go to the Russian consulate for anything to do with visas, they contract this out to a third party to process.

The directions are simple, but you will need to follow them exactly, or your application will be rejected, and you will lose your money. They will assist a little, very little, but they will not assist if you are missing essential information, or you do not have a tall the required items.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Ok, first of all, you do not go to the Russian consulate for anything to do with visas, they contract this out to a third party to process.

The directions are simple, but you will need to follow them exactly, or your application will be rejected, and you will lose your money. They will assist a little, very little, but they will not assist if you are missing essential information, or you do not have a tall the required items.
Great points, boxus! OP, email Red Star Travel in Seattle. They'll help you. They have an outstanding track record.
http://www.redstartravel.us. They'll be able to answer your questions. If they don't have the answers, they'll get them. Very well-connected.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Great points, boxus! OP, email Red Star Travel in Seattle. They'll help you. They have an outstanding track record.
Red Star Travel* | Red Star Travel. They'll be able to answer your questions. If they don't have the answers, they'll get them. Very well-connected.
Thank you for the information! I will look into that website and ask them.

I wish I could give you guys more rep points, but it says I have to spread them around more. The problem is that I mostly stick around the Europe forum.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:23 PM

1,348 posts, read 623,888 times
Quote:
"Just" arsons? I doubt there are repeated cases of arson, or careless handling of campfires. Are campfires even allowed in a zapovednik? Carelessness, as in not fully extinguishing a campfire, is not considered arson, btw. Arson is the deliberate setting of a fire to intentionally cause damage.
Yes some part of wildfires may occur in case of self-ignition, but very much wildfires occur because of the actions of some our irresponsible citizens which burn of old grass in fields(pastures) near forests. And then the sparks are carried by the wind further into the forest. That's what I mean by calling it arson.

And now about reasons of global warming...

Maybe America should she think about itself role in global warming? US with China occupy a share almost 40% of the world for emissions of CO2. China-28%, US-15%. Russia with her 5% looks like as "lamb of God" in their background. And It Trump and not Putin announced got out of the "Paris agreement" in 2017. Motivating this by the fact that it hinders the development of America, global warming is all lies and the air and water are crystal clear. And US never ratified to "Kyoto Protocol".

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...re-of-co2.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.98a6c9813695

Old 04-18-2019, 09:26 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Red Star Travel* | Red Star Travel. They'll be able to answer your questions. If they don't have the answers, they'll get them. Very well-connected.
Well, they will assist, but all they do is send the visa application to VFS Global, who is the only party that processes visas for Russia.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Yes some part of wildfires may occur in case of self-ignition, but very much wildfires occur because of the actions of some our irresponsible citizens which burn of old grass in fields(pastures) near forests. And then the sparks are carried by the wind further into the forest. That's what I mean by calling it arson.

And now about reasons of global warming...

Maybe America should she think about itself role in global warming? US with China occupy a share almost 40% of the world for emissions of CO2. China-28%, US-15%. Russia with her 5% looks like as "lamb of God" in their background. And It Trump and not Putin announced got out of the "Paris agreement" in 2017. Motivating this by the fact that it hinders the development of America, global warming is all lies and the air and water are crystal clear. And US never ratified to "Kyoto Protocol".

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...re-of-co2.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.98a6c9813695
Absolutely right, Zimogor! No argument from me!

Farmers used to burn fields in some parts of the US, too. They stopped only recently, in the state of Oregon, for example. I think that's absolutely shocking, that such measures were considered normal, and it didn't matter how much the local citizens complained about the bad air.

So much needs to change with regard to our way of life. In some ways, Russia is ahead of the rest of the developed world, because people live more modestly. Still, there's industrial pollution, mining, coal-fired plants for heat and energy, oil and gas extraction, which contribute problems...

Old 04-18-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Well, they will assist, but all they do is send the visa application to VFS Global, who is the only party that processes visas for Russia.
Seems they had the information I needed, at least when it comes to student visas.

They say $495 for a 1-year student visa (which I didn't even know they had.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe