Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2020, 05:53 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I'll just leave this here.

https://tass.com/politics/1125773
Copying Ukraine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2020, 08:17 PM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
https://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HR...25638&LangID=E

Idlib was never controlled by ISIS. Never. They in fact attacked the place trying to gain control over it and failed. Even if it was, you don't get to bomb civilians to terrorize them into stop resisting some criminal warlord.
Maksim is right, all your accusations are stupid and ridiculous. You are constantly distorting facts and turning everything upside down, throwing false accusations, constantly think out something. You constantly accuse Russia, the Syrians, Iran, and others of all the deadly sins, of some mythical war crimes, but at the same time you completely lose your memory when it comes to real war crimes committed by NATO and various "United coalitions" led by the United States. And when somebody begin poke you with your own nose in these facts, you "turn on the fool" and try to evade the answer.

Poke you one more time?
Let's not go far and stir up the past, but remember recent events...

Battle Of Raqqa. 2017. United coalition led by the US almost razed of Raqqa to the ground together with the residents.

Amnesty International has accused the US coalition in Syria of committing war crimes during the liberation of Raqqa from ISIS. According to human rights activists, US troops and their allies used phosphorus in the bombing of the city, destroyed vital infrastructure and looted.

Here's what Amnesty International wrote:
Quote:
"information collected by Amnesty International directly in Raqqa, including by examining the scene of events and interviewing eyewitnesses and survivors, in some cases indicates that the coalition forces did not take all possible measures to minimize possible damage among the civilian population, and in some cases carried out attacks that are obviously fraught with large civilian casualties, or did not distinguish between military and civilian objects, which is a violation of the principles of legibility and proportionality.Disproportionate and indiscriminate strikes that result in civilian casualties are war crimes."

"According to UN experts, experienced military correspondents and Amnesty International staff who have investigated the conflict zone, the level of destruction in Raqqa exceeds anything that has been observed previously in other armed conflicts"

Amnesty International also believes that the fighting in and around Raqqa was " extraordinary." According to human rights activists, the attacks were conducted with an intensity not seen since the Vietnam war. "The accuracy of the projectiles is one hundred meters. It is not surprising that everything turned out to be a mass death of civilians"
Around 80% of Raqqa had been left "uninhabitable" after the battle, according to the UN.[12]

According to Airwars, a team of independent journalists, by October 2017, "at least 1,300 civilians likely died as a result of Coalition strikes (more than 3,200 such deaths have been reported in total). Overall, local monitors say at least 1,800 civilians were killed in the fighting."[41] In April 2019, a joint investigation by Amnesty International and Airwars reported that 1,600 civilians were killed by coalition airstrikes and U.S. artillery shelling.[40][201]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Raqqa_(2017)

And what did the Coalition spokesman, Colonel Sean Ryan, say about this?

Quote:
"We liberated Raqqa. Did I have to pay for it? Of course, but this is wartime, and it happens sometimes»
In other words, he said, " I don't give a damn about these sacrifices."

And how's that? Do you admit that these were war crimes?

Last edited by Zimogor; 03-02-2020 at 08:39 PM..

Old 03-02-2020, 08:47 PM
DKM

Targetting military and hitting civilians is called collateral damage. Targeting civilians like Russia did, is a war crime. Me citing today's UN report isn't " distorting facts and turning everything upside down". You really want to cite what AI says about Russia's operations in Syria and Ukraine? You're just mad because you know its true and your guys job here is to present Russia in a false light. They aren't fighting for a good cause...and neither are you.

Old 03-02-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Targetting military and hitting civilians is called collateral damage.
Q.E.D. You started shirking again.

Quote:
Me citing today's UN report isn't " distorting facts and turning everything upside down". You really want to cite what AI says about Russia's operations in Syria and Ukraine? You're just mad because you know its true and your guys job here is to present Russia in a false light. They aren't fighting for a good cause...and neither are you.
The report doesn't say a word about Russian air force. This is again your fiction and speculation. It says:

Quote:
In their declared fight against terrorism, pro-Government forces carried out aerial and ground attacks in southern Idlib that killed and injured scores of civilians and decimated civilian infrastructure, including markets, camps for displaced persons and most notably hospitals.
The meaning of all these reports is very simple: when Russia together with the SSA begin to destroy various scum and the "collective West" sees that their money invested in these bandits fly out of the pipe, they begin to squeal and "lay bricks" in the form of tons of reports about "unthinkable" victims and human rights violations. And the West itself, along with the bandits, destroys a couple of thousand civilians, this is just "collateral damage".

And you didn't answer my question about Raqqa.

Quote:
Do you admit that these were war crimes?

Last edited by Zimogor; 03-02-2020 at 09:18 PM..

Old 03-02-2020, 10:03 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
The report doesn't say a word about Russian air force. This is again your fiction and speculation. It says:
Since its your job to deny facts, let me toss a quote from the UN report I linked to which you did not read:

"Consistent with witnesses testimony, early warning reports and flight spotters reports indicated that at least two Russian fixed wing-aircrafts, departed from Hmemim airbase on 22 July at around 8:03 a.m. and circled near the target area at the same time of the attack. The Commission further obtained flight communication intercepts conducted in the Russian language for the period between 07:40 and 09:59 a.m. The communications confirm that, between 8:17 and 8:35 a.m., two Russian aircraft operated in Idlib airspace, and reported on the progress of on-going aerial attacks in Idlib. "

Deflection is what your handlers train you to do, but they don't do it very well. Oh well it doesn't say Russian Air Force, it says Russian aircraft and pilots operating using Russian... let me guess, no ensignia? More war crimes. Putin should be hanged but he has the veto which doesn't even belong to Russia, its the USSR's.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Since its your job to deny facts, let me toss a quote from the UN report I linked to which you did not read:

"Consistent with witnesses testimony, early warning reports and flight spotters reports indicated that at least two Russian fixed wing-aircrafts, departed from Hmemim airbase on 22 July at around 8:03 a.m. and circled near the target area at the same time of the attack. The Commission further obtained flight communication intercepts conducted in the Russian language for the period between 07:40 and 09:59 a.m. The communications confirm that, between 8:17 and 8:35 a.m., two Russian aircraft operated in Idlib airspace, and reported on the progress of on-going aerial attacks in Idlib. "
I found this place. I cannot judge the veracity of this report, as I have not seen the evidence mentioned in it. But even if this is true, which I doubt, I will answer with "your" words: "there is a war, no one is immune from mistakes, this happens."

Quote:
Deflection is what your handlers train you to do, but they don't do it very well. Oh well it doesn't say Russian Air Force, it says Russian aircraft and pilots operating using Russian... let me guess, no ensignia? More war crimes. Putin should be hanged but he has the veto which doesn't even belong to Russia, its the USSR's.
And former American presidents, for example, Mr.O, or Mr. B.jr, don't want to keep him company for the war crimes of the American military?

Old 03-02-2020, 11:42 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I found this place. I cannot judge the veracity of this report, as I have not seen the evidence mentioned in it. But even if this is true, which I doubt, I will answer with "your" words: "there is a war, no one is immune from mistakes, this happens."

And former American presidents, for example, Mr.O, or Mr. B.jr, don't want to keep him company for the war crimes of the American military?

DKM is here to flame.

It's his job apparently, yawn.
Meanwhile, Erdogan asked for a meeting with Putin and *Темнейший* agreed to see him on the 5th of March in Moscow from what I've heard?
Темнейший be like ?
Things don't work out for Erdogan the way he planned.

Old 03-03-2020, 12:23 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
It's a long story but truth be told Turkey is in a hell of a situation. There are 2 types of people in Idlib. The civilians, normal people. Al Qaeda militants herded there over the last 10 years, remnants of ISIS, ISIL, AL Nusra what's left of the the Free Syrian Army and god knows what else has come down the pike looking for a fight. Many of these elements also have family there. Most are paid mercs or the remnants of merc forces brought in from all over the ME, Africa, South Central Asia and Europe.

The Syrians don't want them there for various reasons. Idlib is Syrian land. These groups of fighters strike out form their hidey holes in Idlib at the SAA and surrounding areas even attacking Russian assets in that part of the country. The main highway out of Aleppo is constantly under threat from them if not under their control. On top of that the Syrians have absolutely no kindly disposition towards them. They have done terrible things to Syrian citizens. Alawites and Christians, Palestinians, Jordanians suffered terribly. I've heard things that will make your skin crawl. Throwing gay people off of buildings and burning downed pilots alive in cages, gassing civilians was some of their exploits. The Syrians would shoot every last one of them.

To add to that Turkish mafia, politicians, special interests there and abroad and just plain war profiteers have an interest in the whole situation. These groups are supported by not only the US but others like Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, and the Arab states of the region. It's one big happy Democracy remember? Turkey cannot control the militants there now, it would be war in Turkey if they were to let them flee across the border.

Turkeys main beef is with Syria and the SAA who (rightly) want to murder these bastards. Since the SAA can't do that, they can force them out to Turkey. Now (in a nutshell) Turkey is in the position of having to keep the situation stable enough to keep the people from fleeing across the border. That means occupying the Idlib area.

This is the best I can do.

Hell, just nuke the whole damn place from orbit.

The thing that I don't understand is how/why exactly Turkey explains its current military presence in Idlib ( and them fighting Syrian army) as legitimate?

Old 03-03-2020, 01:05 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Thanks. We are both right.
Quote:
Civilians previously forcibly displaced through ‘reconciliation’ agreements or having fled battles are now subsisting in the ever-shrinking spaces in Idlib and Western Aleppo Governorates, under the rule of the terrorist group Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS).

In their declared fight against terrorism, pro-Government forces carried out aerial and ground attacks in southern Idlib that killed and injured scores of civilians and decimated civilian infrastructure, including markets, camps for displaced persons and most notably hospitals. These include indiscriminate attacks against protected objects and the use of cluster munitions.
Quote:
Armed groups carried out attacks on areas under Government control, including southern Aleppo, causing casualties and instilling fear among the civilian population, prompting many of them to leave. In restive areas in Idlib governorate, HTS terrorists attempted to tighten its grip over the already beleaguered population by arbitrarily detaining activists, journalists, and other individuals for openly expressing dissent. HTS continued to recruit and use children to participate actively in hostilities.

The truce does not work. I think that in order to end the war a victory of one of the parties is required.

Old 03-03-2020, 01:27 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
DKM is here to flame.

It's his job apparently, yawn.
+100500

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Meanwhile, Erdogan asked for a meeting with Putin and *Темнейший* agreed to see him on the 5th of March in Moscow from what I've heard?
Темнейший be like ?
Things don't work out for Erdogan the way he planned.
Until March 5, strong battles continue 100%. Anything could be further. It seems that Seraqib came under the control of the Syrian army and the Russian military police.

https://i.ibb.co/0XLj99J/photo-2020-03-03-11-10-41.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe