Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2020, 10:18 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
This is funny to us. But, unfortunately, most Westerners believe this. After all, this video is not made for the Russian audience, but for the Western one. After all, most of them do not understand that these are exaggerated stereotypes, they believe in what they see. And then you and I wonder why they tell us that Russia is poor and there devastation, drunks and bandits. This is called propaganda.
What is even stranger to me is what all people seem to have in common when it comes to stereotypes and legitimate ones at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 03:31 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Now that they've admitted they knew the Russia gate collusion case was a lie all along, the US government media is claiming the dossier was a Russian misinformation campaign.

Putin smeared Trump because he wanted Clinton to win

I'd say the bigger likelihood is that the CIA wanted Trump to win so he could be blackmailed into doing what they wanted. He showed during the campaign that he was easy to manipulate.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:38 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
This is funny to us. But, unfortunately, most Westerners believe this. After all, this video is not made for the Russian audience, but for the Western one. After all, most of them do not understand that these are exaggerated stereotypes, they believe in what they see. And then you and I wonder why they tell us that Russia is poor and there devastation, drunks and bandits. This is called propaganda.
You are mistaken. Absolutely no westerners would watch that and think it was reality in Russia. It is simply parody. You are exhibiting paranoia brought on by your state propaganda from which you need a break.

Old 04-17-2020, 02:49 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
OMG, it's full bottom...

www.svaboda.org/a/30546522.html
Quote:
Гэта найбольшы выклік з часоў Чарнобылю. Трэба яшчэ зразумець да канца, што гэта — ці сапраўды грып, ці ўжо 5G уплывае на імунную сыстэму чалавека (Навукоўцы абвяргаюць сувязь паміж каранавірусам і 5G — РС). Па-мойму, у навукоўцаў няма канчатковага перакананьня. Адбываюцца некія складаныя працэсы далейшага тэхналягічнага разьвіцьця — тут і ўплыў чалавека на атмасфэру, і новая тэхналёгіі, і няздольнасьць чалавека як біялягічнай істоты вытрымаць усё гэта. І сёньня мы з гэтым сутыкнуліся. З аднаго боку, тут можна разважаць над філязофскімі аспэктамі, а з другога боку — над тым, як людзі супрацьстаяць гэтаму. Ёсьць прыклад Грэцыі, дзе нацыя змагла аб’яднацца і не паўтарыла шлях Італіі. Шмат пра што можна гаварыць...
(с)Svetlana Alexievich, Belarusian writer in Russian, Nobel Prize in Literature (2015). She is known for her "documentary works" about a Soviet person.

Google Translate from Belorussian:
Quote:
This is the greatest challenge since Chernobyl. We still need to understand completely what it is-whether the flu really does, or whether 5G already affects the human immune system (scientists refute the link between the coronavirus and 5G — reporter). In my opinion, scientists do not have a final conviction. There are some complex processes of further technological development — here is the influence of man on the atmosphere, and new technologies, and the inability of man as a biological being to withstand all this. And today we are faced with this. On the one hand, you can talk about the philosophical aspects, and on the other hand, how people are opposed to this. There is an example of Greece, where the nation was able to unite and did not repeat the path of Italy. There's a lot to talk about..

Old 04-17-2020, 04:01 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You are mistaken. Absolutely no westerners would watch that and think it was reality in Russia. It is simply parody. You are exhibiting paranoia brought on by your state propaganda from which you need a break.
I wish I was wrong. And there is no paranoia here. I just hate it when my country is shown in this way. Something similar was in Russia in the late 90s, early 2000s, but those days are long gone. And you are unlikely to see such a picture now. If only in some very remote areas. Propaganda does not affect mee., I used to trust only the facts and my eyes.

Old 04-17-2020, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Something similar was in Russia in the late 90s, early 2000s, but those days are long gone.
At first I thought it is about of Russia in 1995-2005, and only a self-service shop makes it possible to guess what the authors meant modern Russia.

Old 04-17-2020, 05:52 AM

But even in 2013 a landscapes are quite recognizable)). Although broken windows, bottles and drug addicts have disappeared. )

https://i.ibb.co/2yHwskv/photo-2020-04-17-14-46-47.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/HF2SY1L/photo-2020-04-17-14-50-24.jpg
(I lived in this house for a couple of years. )

Old 04-17-2020, 10:18 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
How would you know what most Westerners believe? Most wouldn't know enough about Russia (or care) to even begin to understand the film.

Old 04-17-2020, 03:40 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
At first I thought it is about of Russia in 1995-2005, and only a self-service shop makes it possible to guess what the authors meant modern Russia.
I hate to break it to you but the next few years aren't looking to be much better than those days. Depends on how long these shutdowns last though...

Old 04-17-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I hate to break it to you but the next few years aren't looking to be much better than those days. Depends on how long these shutdowns last though...
You just don’t understand what was there . When a great country crumbles to dust... even in childhood it was clean and clear. No, such as at that time will not be in the coming years, I hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe