Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2019, 04:45 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times

Advertisements

Kind of a funny coincidence. I was in Nevada just last week and was in the same situation this guy was except the actor was a Hereford cow (adult females weigh in at 1200 lbs (545kg) which is what it was) trying to cross the road in the middle of the night. I was going about 80 mph. I didn't have time to scream or crap my pants. All I remember was something on the side of the road and I recognize it as a cow with one hoof over the white line into the road. The cow stepped backwards, a slight swerve and I was past it.

I couldn't sleep that night in Tenopah. I was in my son in laws 2016 Chevy Silverado. If i had hit that cow at that speed I would not be typing this. I will never drive in the deserts of the west again at night. Never.

I guess in Russia the same hazards can be assumed.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CyW3I_1567014526
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2019, 01:26 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Kind of a funny coincidence. I was in Nevada just last week and was in the same situation this guy was except the actor was a Hereford cow (adult females weigh in at 1200 lbs (545kg) which is what it was) trying to cross the road in the middle of the night. I was going about 80 mph. I didn't have time to scream or crap my pants. All I remember was something on the side of the road and I recognize it as a cow with one hoof over the white line into the road. The cow stepped backwards, a slight swerve and I was past it.

I couldn't sleep that night in Tenopah. I was in my son in laws 2016 Chevy Silverado. If i had hit that cow at that speed I would not be typing this. I will never drive in the deserts of the west again at night. Never.

I guess in Russia the same hazards can be assumed.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CyW3I_1567014526

My friend fell into a similar situation a couple of months ago on the Ivanovo-Yaroslavl road. A large wagon hit an elk right in front of him and he had to jump out into the oncoming lane of the road. Fortunately, it was empty there. Elks is very dangerous.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:21 PM

What you call Elk, we call Moose. I never saw deer there in Russia. We have Whitetail deer, Mule deer, Elk, Moose and Bison. Bison are very rare. We also have Mountain Goats and Mountain Sheep.

All of these deer cause great amounts of damage every year.

Adding on to the highway system in Russia.

https://www.rt.com/business/467526-r...tious-project/

Going nowhere but up.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:10 AM

Quote:
What you call Elk, we call Moose. I never saw deer there in Russia. We have Whitetail deer, Mule deer, Elk, Moose and Bison. Bison are very rare. We also have Mountain Goats and Mountain Sheep.

All of these deer cause great amounts of damage every year.
I saw a elk only in a zoo. And this is good.

Quote:
Adding on to the highway system in Russia.

https://www.rt.com/business/467526-r...tious-project/

Going nowhere but up.
Over the past 5 years, roads in Central Russia have become much better. 5 years ago, I had one relatively smooth road to travel from Moscow to Ivanovo. Now there are several normal roads and I can choose depending on traffic jams.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:24 PM

Can you help me find examples from an English rap with similar plots?

https://youtu.be/jzoGQFAQP6U

https://youtu.be/OdSXD59IBeE

translate:
Spoiler

Biography

I was born in 1970 on the fringes of Moscow,1
Went wild since I was in diapers
At the age of 4 I was swearing a lot
In the kindergarten, I saw the girl's c*nt for the first time
And later on there was a school and crappy uniform2, fights, a glue3
The things that make me stronger
I was stealing money from the dressing rooms4
At 8 I picked up smoking
At 11 I get laid for the first time
Then I bailed on parents
Began to hang out with friends at the dump
A boots and military jacket
Brezhnev died5, I started visiting gym
I bought boxing gloves, which
Were stolen at school and that didn't work too well for Vitjok and Kolja
The floor, the blood stains, I got busted
I broke into the household at night, got respected, time flows...
Dodged military due to kidney disease6, got drunk and beat up a police officer
Then moved to the chick's place in Kuryanovo7
With my fellows we began to rob the cooperators8
On Rizhskaya9, killed a gypsy woman, that's how it ended up.
I found myself on the federal wanted list, bought a car
Got hooked on meth
Just Butyrka10 helped, thanks to Kerya.
The court a year later, the sentence, 15 years
The north, midge, prison settlement11, fierce faces
I'm a loose cannon, escaped the courtroom with some goof
We fled to the forest, I'm eating his meat, the freight, hitchhiking...
Moscow, lay down low
New passport, new job, new car
Addressing issues, lots of cocaine
I got married, backing the banks, settled down in the mansion on Taganka12
My son was born, my mother died, I went on Cuba on vacation for a half a year...

Rum, cocaine, I'm tired of sex with mulattos
The plane to Moscow, meeting in Sheremetyevo13, I was captured
I didn't have time to feed the pigeons, they began to bother asking where the money was
They remembered the changed passport, got the old folders
It became immediately clear this passenger is dangerous, I was taken to a country house
They Shut me in the basement like in a grave, keep clamoring for the general funds14, what a f*ckers
All our guys were killed, but I continued to deny. And once
Their boss and some random f*ggot came in, got the guns
Took off their jackets15, "didn't you change your mind", they asked me, I said "no, guys, I did not"
I remembered the evening by the river, barbecue, blowjob from Anka,
My pals and beer; "damn, what a good time we had back then!"
A pair of guns looked in my direction
Just like the mother's eyes during her funeral...
F*cking hell, what a great time I had in Havana:
Sunsets, shorts, palm trees, by the time they already unlocked the fuse
I remembered the son, boxing gloves, a guardian angel ...
The first bullet hit the arm, f*ck, so painful...
Second bullet hit in cheek, what a cockeyed c*nt
I spit out 3 teeth on the concrete
Further on the bullets hit the leg and the stomach, guys got their jackets
Talking their sh*t, they forgot about me
The blood filled my mouth, so that's it, it's over...

1.the song features the story about the life of a gangster. Russia in the 1990s was an extremely criminal country
2.In Soviet Union school uniform was mandatory
3.The main character sniffed glue containing toluene, which causes sedation and hallucinations. Until the end of the 90s, glue was a very common drug among teenagers in Russia
4.In Soviet schools, common dressing rooms were practiced for the whole class, and even for several, in which often a large number of things were practically unattended.
5.Brezhnev was the leader of the USSR until 1982
6.military service was mandatory for all and besides that, USSR participated in the Afghanistan war in the 80s
7.Kuryanovo is a neighborhood in the south-east of Moscow
8.A cooperator is a member of a cooperative. In the USSR, cooperatives appeared in 1987 and became the first step towards capitalism
9.Rizhskaya is the Moscow metro station
10."Butyrka" is a Russian musical band performing songs mostly about thieves
11.prison-settlements are located mainly in the northern and eastern forest regions of Russia
12.Taganka, a historic neighbourhood in Tagansky District of Moscow
13.International airport in Moscow
14.it is about a mutual aid fund (so-called "obshchak") in a criminal community environment, it is used to bribe the administration, supply a punishment cell and buy drugs
15.the police uniform
https://lyricstranslate.com

A criminal biography or a parody of a historical broadcast.

ps: this is not real gangster music, this is stylization, objects of art. The authors of these songs are "intelligentsia" with higher education. Real Russian bandit music looks like this or this, but it is not interesting.

Old 08-31-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I saw a elk only in a zoo. And this is good.
They're very tasty too. Like bison, very lean with a smooth flavor.

Quote:
Over the past 5 years, roads in Central Russia have become much better. 5 years ago, I had one relatively smooth road to travel from Moscow to Ivanovo. Now there are several normal roads and I can choose depending on traffic jams.
I certainly hope Russia makes better choices than we did when it comes to mass transit. Here in Seattle we have spent billions and gotten nowhere. We are now forced to build a rail system from scratch which should have been started in the 1950s.

https://www.constructiondive.com/new...budget/549892/

My descendants will be paying for this thing for generations to come. And they will still deal with traffic jams.

Old 08-31-2019, 01:43 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Pervy Kanal used to be very respected in Russia. Hahaha

https://www.rferl.org/a/moscow-prote.../30139667.html

Old 08-31-2019, 01:56 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Pervy Kanal used to be very respected in Russia. Hahaha

https://www.rferl.org/a/moscow-prote.../30139667.html

It's all great and dandy DKM, the problem is, that America's darling, organizer of these protests, A. Navalny ( who keeps on "uncovering Putin's gov. corruption, including children of Russian top officials spending taxpayers money in top Western schools,") recently sent his own daughter to Stanford.
See the problem here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV_z9skgj0g

With other words, the source of "Russian corruption" ( from either side) is traced back to the same origin - i.e. *the West* and its glorious banking system to be more specific.

But I already said that long time ago, didn't I?

Last edited by erasure; 08-31-2019 at 02:06 PM..

Old 08-31-2019, 02:25 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It's all great and dandy DKM, the problem is, that America's darling, organizer of these protests, A. Navalny ( who keeps on "uncovering Putin's gov. corruption, including children of Russian top officials spending taxpayers money in top Western schools,") recently sent his own daughter to Stanford.
See the problem here?
No I don't. Can you give me an idea why its so bad that Stanford accepted Navalny's daughter? I'm assuming the Kremlin has an interesting spin on this so I'm curious to hear it.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:04 PM

DKM. The difference between your champions (Navalny, Sobol) and Putin with his clan is one is bought and paid for, the other is not.

Of course Navalnys daughter is going to Stanford. It was a shoo in most likely, even if she was unable to make the cut. It's part of the deal most likely. It's good to know too that some hard working smart and deserving kid probably got bumped because of this corruption too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe