Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2017, 12:01 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Palace revolution against the background of the war (World War I). And everything fell into hell.
Interesting point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 12:59 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpeenko View Post
Maxim! You tell about Tzarist's Russia was great country. Ok. I don't see sense to tell about it the at all. Let's to tell about education, indistry, medicine etc. Let's comparision with other. But specifically in detail only! Ok, Maxim?
Ok, this will be interesting. Especially I'm not a historian and I can be wrong.

Education.
I read such articles many times. And it seems to me quite convincing. The Russian Empire lagged behind the level of literacy from the leading European countries. But the dynamics was very good.

http://sputnikipogrom.com/wp-content...04/obrinf5.jpg

http://sputnikipogrom.com/wp-content...04/obrinf4.jpg
General literacy could be achieved by 1925, which is 10 years earlier than the USSR.

Indistry.
Similarly, Russia had a strong lag, but a huge increase in the early 20th century. Any source will show you a large growth rate. The revolutions and civil war threw back all these achievements. As a result, Stalin was forced to industrialize 20 years later and at the cost of great blood.

Of course, in 1917 the overall gap from the developed countries was very significant, but country was ready for industrialization.

I dont know about medicine, not read about it.

Interesting article, etc.

The Russian Empire was a great country. Not the best in the world, but quite normal for that time. And the events of 1917 is clearly negative events. The communist project was a huge plus for the whole world (competition, technology development, a sharp improvement in people's quality of life due to fear of the communist idea), but this project left huge scars on the body of Russia.

Old 06-04-2017, 01:43 PM

36 posts, read 20,560 times
Where is the great here? So is it the great or the quite normal? Let's use correct definition. So, if to talk about education, Russia did not great.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Where is the great here? So is it the great or the quite normal? Let's use correct definition. So, if to talk about education, Russia did not great.
Quite normal for live. And we talk about mass education. But national culture and greatness of the country is not created by mass education, this is a work of huge number of talented people.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:12 PM

So ignorance of people? You says about the great country. The great country in twentyth don't must be ignorance for mass people.. You agree? Next? Let's comparision industry and medicine?

Old 06-04-2017, 09:48 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Tsarist Russia was absolute garbage for many people, which gave sparked the fire of the Whites and Reds, and gave fuel to the Reds.

Tsarist Russia was never of course a pleasant place to live, but upon freeing the serfs, then the industrial revolution taking hold, things became even worse. This is where they the Bolsheviks got the anti-capitalism because capitalism hit tsarist Russia in the worse way.

The USSR of course was not the best answer, but it was an answer and a reaction that was unsurprising.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
So ignorance of people? You says about the great country. The great country in twentyth don't must be ignorance for mass people.. You agree?
Russia was not ignorant, I wrote about it.

QUOTE:
Как показала однодневная школьная перепись, проведенная в январе 1911 года, в великорусских регионах в школах обучалось практически 100% мальчиков и около половины девочек.

A great country does not mean the best in the world.

Quote:
Next? Let's comparision industry and medicine?
I wrote about the industry. I would add that the industry allowed the country to participate in the First World War. So the industry was sufficient.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:05 PM

Let's to tell is correct!
I think definition "was sufficient" and "great" is very differ. And you?

Last edited by sharpeenko; 06-04-2017 at 10:33 PM..

Old 06-05-2017, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Let's to tell is correct!
I think definition "was sufficient" and "great" is very differ. And you?
You compare the characteristics of the country and the quality of life of some groups of people in this country. It is not correct.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:06 AM

Ok. How is correct? Russia of start twentyth century did not great at any characteristics. It's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe