Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 04:07 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
His past. What modern leaders of Russia offer their people a new way? They are militarists playing in the Second World War. A dead-end way to hide their super-capitals in Panama. The people of Russia are a pitiful pawn in their game.
P S
I feel sorry for this people. I expected more from this people. They thought they were not the slaves of their unworthy leaders. Pushkin, Gogol, Dostoevsky. You have lost everything!

Lost everything?? I'll tell you what we have lost in the Putin's Russia. We have lost collapse of the country (but have win the civil war). We have lost a hyperinflation. We have lost a weak army and a war of oligarchs. We have lost a hundred-foot queue for bread in store and an inability to buy good things for children. We have lost the lot, but I think that we do not need your sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 04:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Lost everything?? I'll tell you what we have lost in the Putin's Russia. We have lost collapse of the country (but have win the civil war). We have lost a hyperinflation. We have lost a weak army and a war of oligarchs. We have lost a hundred-foot queue for bread in store and an inability to buy good things for children. We have lost the lot, but I think that we do not need your regret.
It could definitely be worse. Russians have come far down a long and treacherous road. There is much to be proud of.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:43 PM

Another very educational video from TIK. He makes great points.

One thing in the video that keeps coming up is the second most important reason the Germans lost (the first being attacking the Russians to begin with) the war. The Russians never surrendered like for instance, France. France just threw in the towel with little effort to stop the Germans. Poland fought bravely but the army disintegrated under the treads of German tactical maneuver wizardry. They capitulated.

I remember my last wife. She was Russian and had many very good qualities. There was one though that I was not going to try to deal with.

That Russian stubborness.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fV0ussbeFCE

Old 08-24-2018, 06:51 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
My wife of 16 years was Belorussian. Her eldest aunt was born in a dugout/bunker in the Pripyet Marshes. The aunt was born there because the mother had been forced to flee her village after German and UKRAINIAN police forces had started taking young people and forcing them into camps where they were kept to be shipped off to Germany as slave labor. In the first months of the aunts life she more than once avoided a horrible death as UKRAINIAN HIWIS combed those marshes with flamethrowers and rifles, looking for those hiding there.

YOU may consider that video propaganda. YOU can take comfort that YOU will never see what those people like my wifes aunt and those people of Stalingrad experienced. YOU can deny that it never had to happen just like the current Donbas conflict never had to happen.

Keep in mind though that if we ever forget the past we're doomed to repeat it.

The video does have some inaccuracies but it sure as hell clears up a lot of questions for those seeking answers.
10s of Millions of Ukrainians resisted the nazis and millions died doing so. Including people in my family, one of whom is a veteran and still alive and watched her dad and brothers get killed by Germans. Saying things about Ukrainians like this in their land and it would be the last thing your ignorant mouth would say. Maybe you are trying to provoke me into saying something that will get me banned, I don't know. But just stop it.

Nobody cares that your ex wife was from Belarus, it doesn't make you an expert on current Russian matters. Some people in Ukraine and Russia joined the Nazis. Most from areas were the communists committed grave crimes against their people. Others were forced into auxiliary police roles. It wasn't pretty then and it isn't pretty now but this time the monsters are invading from the east.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:02 PM

501 posts, read 303,336 times
Ok Maksim, I get why the second and third videos go together, obviously, but why the first one?

Old 08-24-2018, 09:13 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
10s of Millions of Ukrainians resisted the nazis and millions died doing so. Including people in my family, one of whom is a veteran and still alive and watched her dad and brothers get killed by Germans. Saying things about Ukrainians like this in their land and it would be the last thing your ignorant mouth would say. Maybe you are trying to provoke me into saying something that will get me banned, I don't know. But just stop it.

Nobody cares that your ex wife was from Belarus, it doesn't make you an expert on current Russian matters. Some people in Ukraine and Russia joined the Nazis. Most from areas were the communists committed grave crimes against their people. Others were forced into auxiliary police roles. It wasn't pretty then and it isn't pretty now but this time the monsters are invading from the east.
Yeah-yeah-yeah...
Haven't we been through this already?
Galicia SS Division - that's WESTERN UKRAINE. No one FORCED them to join SS ( as you are trying to insinuate here,) they joined it VOLUNTEERLY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuf77BQIsm0

( And they honor those "heroes" until today in WESTERN Ukraine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVPJxoO8b5c

(This is the reaction of EASTERN Ukrainians to an attempt of some strangers to honor Galicia Division)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70-Nr9Gs-eU)

Worst Jewish pogroms by the locals during WWII - that's again WESTERN Ukraine.

Your family on another hand is from EASTERN Ukraine.
So don't pretend pls. that Western Ukraine and Eastern Ukraine are one and the same thing, and particularly when it comes to the WWII.

Last edited by erasure; 08-24-2018 at 09:22 PM..

Old 08-24-2018, 09:18 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Rosneft does oil exploration in Kazakhstan.

https://www.rosneft.com/business/Ups...zy_kazakhstan/

How a giant Kazakh oil project went awry

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-a-g...wry-1396233341

Ultra-deep exploration is probably being done by the Chinese and American companies since they have the technology.
Oh I am sure that foreigners expanded operations and renovated the technology ( in order to double the output,) but this doesn't change the fact that Russians were the first ones to build the oil infrastructure in Kazakhstan, which is still in use, even if partially.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yeah-yeah-yeah...
Haven't we been through this already?
Galicia SS Division - that's WESTERN UKRAINE. No one FORCED them to join SS ( as you are trying to insinuate here,) they joined it VOLUNTEERLY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuf77BQIsm0

( And they honor those "heroes" until today in WESTERN Ukraine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVPJxoO8b5c

(This is the reaction of EASTERN Ukrainians to an attempt of some strangers to honor Galicia Division)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70-Nr9Gs-eU)

Worst Jewish pogroms by the locals during WWII - that's again WESTERN Ukraine.

Your family on another hand is from EASTERN Ukraine.
So don't pretend pls. that Western Ukraine and Eastern Ukraine are one and the same thing, and particularly when it comes to the WWII.
I'll refer to some of the things my ex wife told me. Her family is/was merchants, small time but they have done it for generations. They never dealt with West Ukrainians, they spoke Russian and were subject to many prejudices in dealing with peoples in the west. They did not deal with Jewish people either because they did not feel they could be trusted. Certain prejudices are to this day alive and well in the region for better or for worse.

For DKM to say this and that about the 2 peoples only shows his ignorance of the situation.

I have said in the past that a split of Ukraine is the solution and it still stands.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:32 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
When a high-level US official, such as nat. sec. adv. Bolton, warns of a pending chemical attack and repercussions, it's a signal that US, Britain, and France have gotten assets in place to execute a chemical attack. Unlike Douma, there hasn't yet been the ground operation to sweep up the chemical labs and storage sites. Turkey has given its approval to Russia to commence the military operation in Idlib as long as the terrorist groups under their direct sponsorship are excluded.

Bolton signal

Old 08-25-2018, 12:33 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

Yes there is no, all as always. Everything comes from the West, only this time someone else's hands, or rather , the hands of the Ukrainians themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe