Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 04:59 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Gigarama of Moscow. Panoramas of Moscow in excellent quality.

https://www.sobyanin.ru/achievements/gigarama
Belarussian Square/Metro Station has been improved when it comes to infrastructure but the charachter of the area has not been changed. I loved to hang out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 11:51 PM

114 posts, read 111,424 times
Truth is life in both Russia and the US is life a hellhole now (I lived equal number of years in both countries)....a nicer life is in a small country, non-empire, humane, non-aggressive (in all ways, including regular citizens) and civilized, like Scandinavian countries, where people actually enjoy a basic human right of having affordable or free healthcare and not having their lives being mixed with dirt by the rich. Those who may laugh at my words and got their little retirement nest egg thinking they're financially set for "good live in ol' USA"...wait, that too can evaporate and it will, same for anything your kids may have in store (no wonder they "looove" boomers generation in the US, these are the hawks and ones who tend to say lies how "great" it is here in the US, people who have no idea of what "reality" is, hoping they die before their fake safety bubble bursts). The same kind of greedy, ruthless, corrupt and criminal sc**m had taken over and is running both countries, US and Russia; the current political "conflict" is nothing but a criminal gang turf war.

Last edited by sierranevada1; 08-10-2018 at 12:03 AM..

Old 08-10-2018, 12:10 AM

114 posts, read 111,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by good_deal_maker View Post
Many possibilities appeared in the 1990s and a lot of people became businessmen.
It was very difficult to buy a car in the USSR. To drive an own car was a real dream for many people, it isn't an exaggeration. In 1990s, in Russia everyone could buy a car, even from abroad. In the USSR only a few people had foreign autos. To have a foreign auto in the USSR was more fantastic than to have a helicopter in the USA.
Enough with lies. What a pathetic, laughable lie, a lot of people perished in Russia and other former Soviet republics, perished from malnutrition, lack of medical care, wars, general mayhem and high crime, getting "cars" weren't on their list of things which included where to get food that day: cars where had by the rich gangsters only.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:56 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,236,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Belarussian Square/Metro Station has been improved when it comes to infrastructure but the charachter of the area has not been changed. I loved to hang out there.

Infrastructure has changed very much over the past 5-7 years. I like it.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:35 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada1 View Post
Enough with lies. What a pathetic, laughable lie, a lot of people perished in Russia and other former Soviet republics, perished from malnutrition, lack of medical care, wars, general mayhem and high crime, getting "cars" weren't on their list of things which included where to get food that day: cars where had by the rich gangsters only.
It's only credible within the context of the black markets and oligarchic conglomerates that arose as a result of the Shock Therapy. It led to a huge increase in organized crime as well as establishments that catered to those profited from the collapse.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Infrastructure has changed very much over the past 5-7 years. I like it.
Looking through the images on that link I cannot recognize much of the city. I remember the first time in Hotel Gamma. The city looked so "industrial" from my window. It looked smaller too, buildings were more sparse and lackluster/dreary. Now it's filled out and looks more busy and vibrant.

I like the adding of the infrastructure without tearing down the treasures like Belarus Vokzal. On the other hand I remember Kursk Voksal. That was an abomination that needed to be blown up. After seeing St Basils Cathedral, Tsaritsino and some of the churches I was shocked by how horrid and ugly that station was.

It should be bombed immediately.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosc...ailway_station

Old 08-10-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
GDM simply exposed his ignorance on the subject. My friends wife Oksana could not afford basic makeup. Irina was our guide the first time I went there. She could not afford it either. It was the first time I realized how beautiful women are without it and to this day I think that it actually takes away from women in most cases.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Truth is life in both Russia and the US is life a hellhole now (I lived equal number of years in both countries)....a nicer life is in a small country, non-empire, humane, non-aggressive (in all ways, including regular citizens) and civilized, like Scandinavian countries, where people actually enjoy a basic human right of having affordable or free healthcare and not having their lives being mixed with dirt by the rich. Those who may laugh at my words and got their little retirement nest egg thinking they're financially set for "good live in ol' USA"...wait, that too can evaporate and it will, same for anything your kids may have in store (no wonder they "looove" boomers generation in the US, these are the hawks and ones who tend to say lies how "great" it is here in the US, people who have no idea of what "reality" is, hoping they die before their fake safety bubble bursts). The same kind of greedy, ruthless, corrupt and criminal sc**m had taken over and is running both countries, US and Russia; the current political "conflict" is nothing but a criminal gang turf war.
Most of what is written here is correct when it comes to America. In my lifetime I have seen many changes and damn few for the good. The problem with capitalism is sooner or later THE PEOPLE run out of money.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:59 PM

SU-152 Zveroboy. Animal Hunter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ThpOuwSPI

From the 1950s. The 152mm cannon was devastating.

From WOT. It's more fun than a sack full of badgers. Skip the first half.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2xJHm2ySqa4

Old 08-10-2018, 07:10 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Yeah, lack of money due to sanctions tends to lead to cancelling of weapons programs. We are beating Russia the way we did in the 80s.

The only reason T-80s can have success in the arctic is because there are few Chechen rebels there. Ouch, sorry!

You wanna talk about a good tank, the T-84 is no slouch, especially the Oplot version.

Yes indeed, sanctions do work better and better every day)))

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/772/cp...i048384198.jpg

https://guardian.ng/wp-content/uploa...ia-974x609.jpg

https://img.znak.com/2103065.jpg

( I guess their target is to unseat Putin? )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe