Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 04:19 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Comparing tota national economies by PPP and not per capita? PPP tweaks nominal GDP to adjust for local living standards. India will rise to the same economy as the USA in 12 years? LOLOLOL
The only country that is likely to surpass the US is China. In all honesty, I don't see either Russia or India doing so in such a short period of time. ThThey would need to experience tremendous growth, while the US declines for that to happen. The US is doing well these days, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 07:24 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
India has a very high nominal GDP growth rate. Their economy could very well double twice by then due to high growth and high inflation. PPP is also a function of current currency exchange rate. A recession in the US occurs, the dollar falls, and the GDP for India will be adjusted upwards.

Old 08-04-2018, 05:44 AM

651 posts, read 415,690 times
Default The actions against abortion in Russia

Traditional values become stronger in Russia step by step . Some number of regions declared the moratorium for abortion (Yakutia, Ryazan region, Primorsk region) for the period between the 31th of July and the 3th of August. The action is called "Give me life!" and takes place every year.

Sometimes the discussion of deleting abortion from the list of the free (without pay) medical operations appears. This idea is supported by the ombudsmen Anna Kuznetsova, patriarch Kirill (the Russian orthodox church) and the head of the central clerical Muslim office Talgat Tadzhuddin.

These actions caused different reaction . But 72% of Russians speak for the ban of abortion.

About 5 millions aborts per year (30 thousands every day) are carried out in Russia. The total fertility rate is low as in the Western World but Russia hasn't the large quantity of immigrants as the USA or Europe has. This country has vast underpopulated territories and that problem is one of the most significant.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:47 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by good_deal_maker View Post
Traditional values become stronger in Russia step by step . Some number of regions declared the moratorium for abortion (Yakutia, Ryazan region, Primorsk region) for the period between the 31th of July and the 3th of August. The action is called "Give me life!" and takes place every year.

Sometimes the discussion of deleting abortion from the list of the free (without pay) medical operations appears. This idea is supported by the ombudsmen Anna Kuznetsova, patriarch Kirill (the Russian orthodox church) and the head of the central clerical Muslim office Talgat Tadzhuddin.

These actions caused different reaction . But 72% of Russians speak for the ban of abortion.

About 5 millions aborts per year (30 thousands every day) are carried out in Russia. The total fertility rate is low as in the Western World but Russia hasn't the large quantity of immigrants as the USA or Europe has. This country has vast underpopulated territories and that problem is one of the most significant.
The problem with all of that available land is it's undeveloped when it comes to infrastructure and inhospitable in many aspects such as climate. Yakutia/Yamalia is not Ukraine or the Volga River watershed.
Raising the populations in these areas is not going to work. Ideas have been put forth about building self contained cities have been put forth but that is far in the future. If at all. Russia will have to concentrate more people in the better areas which is doable, they're good at it.

Just what is going on concerning the ROC and politics I am not up to speed on. Erasure has voiced concerns about it. It seems to be growing more powerful of late.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:58 AM

It takes a very special breed to of people to want to live in rural Russia.

Photos of Russia Village | English Russia

Many people would never give it up and I have known of people who just walk out of the rat race in more populated areas and go there to the village. I know people who have one foot in and one foot out. I know of people who have taken their children from the cities and went to live with the wolves.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:13 AM

Yeltsin set up for blackmail by US/IMF

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/u...tment-bankers/

This sounds like what I've read along the lines of other countries that take IMF money per author John Perkins. The money gets diverted to personal projects, military budget to shore up support in the Army, infrastructure in the home province of the dictator, etc.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:19 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Yeltsin set up for blackmail by US/IMF

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/u...tment-bankers/

This sounds like what I've read along the lines of other countries that take IMF money per author John Perkins. The money gets diverted to personal projects, military budget to shore up support in the Army, infrastructure in the home province of the dictator, etc.
"It was Edmond Safra’s Republic National Bank then ran to the US Government in August 1999 and informed them that the Bank of New York had just wired $7 billion to Switzerland in a money laundering scam. The US authorities ran in immediately. The wire was sent to Mabetex, which was the Swiss based company ran by Kosovo/Swiss entrepreneur Behgjet Pacolli who claimed to have the contract to refurbish the Kremlin."

I have noooo idea what this person is writing about.
What I DO know however for a fact, is that when ( whoever it is) describes the "money laundering by the Bank of New-York," Safra's OWN bank (Republic National Bank that is,) laundered $ 4 billion - one of the tranches the IMF sent to Kremlin. The reason it happened is precisely because Safra's bank had a correspondent account with Kremlin, so Kremlin commanded to send the tranche directly to that correspondent account ( which was quite legal at that point,) however from there, money never reached Moscow - they all dissipated into different accounts - Swiss accounts including, and no one in the US was interested looking into it ( I remember one of the European investigators sounded the alarm and he was saying that most of the money were very much traceable, however as I've said it looks like the whole affair has been hashed in/by the US.)
I don't know whether Safra's death was connected to this event or not ( hence implied Russian involvement,) but I do understand that Safra was Browder's partner in creation of the Hermitage Capital Management

And when you look at the success of this "Capital Management,"-

"Its main investment fund, the Hermitage Fund created in 1996,[2] was rated as extremely successful after earning 2,697% between 1996 and December 2007.[4]"

you should all be aware that this "success" was built on a lot of death and suffering of Russian people, 2 million of homeless children including. That's why Russia ended up in demographic pit.
So to all those who whine about "millions of deaths caused by Stalin" and how "communism kills" - here is a prime example of how "capitalism kills." And Russians are very much aware of it.
However back to the "innocent victim" Bill Browder, and his *ordeal* with Putin's gov.
The best way I can describe it, would be this particular image that comes to mind; or using even more descriptive Russian slang - "Е... жаба гадюку."
Of course Putin and Co would never let foreigners to get away with such appetizing chunk of wealth which they thought rightfully belonged to them.
With that being said however, I consider Sergey Magnitsky to be a decent guy and a true victim of the whole ordeal.
It looks like he didn't realize what he has been signed up for, and he was quite naive, thinking that he was just doing a regular "lawyer's job" to the best of his knowledge. So he ended up being murdered.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
"Its main investment fund, the Hermitage Fund created in 1996,[2] was rated as extremely successful after earning 2,697% between 1996 and December 2007.[4]"
That's pretty amazing. Unheard of actually.

Interesting Wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermit...tal_Management

Old 08-04-2018, 12:51 PM

I don't believe Magnitsky was a "good guy".

Quote:
It is obviously impossible to tell the truth from the lies in these two versions. However, it is now recognised that Sergey Magnitsky was not a lawyer working freelance, but was employed by William Browder’s companies. He was not investigating embezzlement, but was tasked by Browder
What is left unsaid in the Anglo-Saxon accusations against Russia, by Thierry Meyssan

Old 08-04-2018, 01:13 PM

Right before Yeltsin resigned, Billionaire who blew whistle on Russian cash scandal is killed in Monte Carlo

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...o-1130020.html

Russia's stock market index MOEX rose 20-fold during that period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe