Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2018, 11:53 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes indeed, sanctions do work better and better every day)))

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/772/cp...i048384198.jpg

https://guardian.ng/wp-content/uploa...ia-974x609.jpg

https://img.znak.com/2103065.jpg

( I guess their target is to unseat Putin? )
He has national guard to prevent change of authorities as you can see on this pictures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 12:57 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Caspian Sea nations poised to sign accord on rights to resources
Russia, Iran, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to agree on transit and use
Fri, Aug 10, 2018, 17:04

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...rces-1.3592375

Old 08-12-2018, 01:32 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
He has national guard to prevent change of authorities as you can see on this pictures
That's not the point Alec ( obviously Putin is going to protect his power.)
The point is, the sanctions are set to undermine his government and to bring forth the support for opposition ( the kind the US is hoping for.) At least this is my assumption.
Instead, I see the rise of the Russia's "left" as the only alternative to Putin.

I hope everyone is happy.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:42 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Ukraine is getting its buttcheeks very inflamed over the Crimea Bridge and the Sea Of Azov.

I think it's about time the Ukrops find another kiddie pool to think they own. I sure as hell wouldn't let ANY Ukrainian ship close to that bridge. The American government might give a nuke to a suicide crew of Nazis to blow it up. Russia just needs to remove the Nazi fanboys from the Azov coast and the Ukropeans from the sea of Azov period.

The sooner the better, those fools are downright nuts.

Sea Of Troubles: Azov Emerging As 'Tinderbox' In Russia-Ukraine Conflict

Last edited by Scrat335; 08-12-2018 at 01:54 PM..

Old 08-12-2018, 01:48 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
The point is, the sanctions are set to undermine his government and to bring forth the support for opposition ( the kind the US is hoping for.) At least this is my assumption.
Instead, I see the rise of the Russia's "left" as the only alternative to Putin.

I agree on the US goals, just what we would end up with is a mystery were Putin to go. What do the Communists offer?

I hate the thought of Russia without their current group in power. I think they've done a decent job but who can fill their shoes?

Old 08-12-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I agree on the US goals, just what we would end up with is a mystery were Putin to go. What do the Communists offer?

I hate the thought of Russia without their current group in power. I think they've done a decent job but who can fill their shoes?
They offer him a role of the minister of the foreign affairs - that's all I know)))

Old 08-13-2018, 01:12 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:

No, that isn't the reason for the sanctions, but I understand Mr. Putin's desire to frame them that way. Nobody is calling for Putin's ouster. Instead, its to modify behavior. He and his cohorts are paying a price for their activities and everything is normal. It also reduces the amount of money Russia has to invest in things like its army. This is also bearing fruit. The people in Russia are waking up to the fact that its not the West who is robbing their nation.

Last edited by DKM; 08-13-2018 at 02:10 PM..

Old 08-13-2018, 01:28 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Ukraine is getting its buttcheeks very inflamed over the Crimea Bridge and the Sea Of Azov.

I think it's about time the Ukrops find another kiddie pool to think they own. I sure as hell wouldn't let ANY Ukrainian ship close to that bridge. The American government might give a nuke to a suicide crew of Nazis to blow it up. Russia just needs to remove the Nazi fanboys from the Azov coast and the Ukropeans from the sea of Azov period.

The Sea of Azov isn't Russian. Russia is stopping all Ukrainian ships to choke off the ports in southeast Ukraine and they think this will make the people there like Russia again or? Not much Ukraine can do about this though, they signed an agreement over the sea that only works if Russia is not bent on harming Donetsk economy to punish them for non-allegiance. If the steel plants have to shut down and the workers move to the west where the economy is flourishing, oh well.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:53 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:

It is nothing more than tit-for-tat intercept of the other side's merchant vessels.

Quote:
Throughout May, Russian coast guard ships have also increased their efforts to stop and check merchant ships bound for the Ukrainian ports of Mariupol and Berdyansk. According to Radio Free Europe, only four checks were conducted in April, whereas there were more than 30 in May.

In late March, Kiev angered Moscow after it detained a Russian-flagged fishing ship at sea. The vessel was registered in the disputed territory of Crimea, which Russia annexed in 2014. Ukrainian authorities detained 10 crew members and accused them of illegally crossing its maritime border.
source

The US doesn't negotiate in good faith, so they slap sanctions and then try to get the other side to bargain from a weaker position. Since the sanctions are imposed unilaterally, they can always be reimposed for any reason even if the two sides reach an agreement.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
No, that isn't the reason for the sanctions, but I understand Mr. Putin's desire to frame them that way. Nobody is calling for Putin's ouster. Instead, its to modify behavior. He and his cohorts are paying a price for their activities and everything is normal. It also reduces the amount of money Russia has to invest in things like its army. This is also bearing fruit. The people in Russia are waking up to the fact that its not the West who is robbing their nation.
Is he some five year old, that someone is trying to "modify" his behavior?
What kind of nonsense is this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe