Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 08:30 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Litvinenko poisoning was a false flag operation according to a former French intelligence official

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H2ikdck8F4

I thought it was pretty obvious with the Nemtsov murder that some or most murders were arranged by the CIA/MI6 as its close proximity to the Kremlin was meant to send a message to the Russian leadership.
You have to look at things from both sides. Killing Nemtsov on that bridge had a purpose. It was not a random act. I beleive another aspect was that he was more valuable to the cause dead than breathing. Anything to make Putin and his people look bad.

What does the Russian government get for his death?

You can't totally discount some Russian super patriots doing it or the Chechen government, let alone the Kremlin but in the end I know there's a lot of hands in this witches brew we have here. The over riding fact to me is Memptsov was a washed up asset that produced little for the cause. If I had to pick one of the above he was offed because he was better to the cause dead than alive.

Skripal is a different instance but i think the same rules apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 08:36 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,797,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Using your theory, you must agree with the Ukrainian separatists being official recognized and the legitimate regime of Donbas? Lol, of course you do not.
Of course not, as they are a secessionist minority movement who don't even have the popular support of the people there, and in effect an organised criminal group.

Quote:
The US has over 2000 troops in Syria; if Russia had 2000 troops in Finland, would you call that an invasion? Oh hell, you have rattled off Russia has invaded Ukraine dozens of times now.

Seems you have a double standard, you might want to check that out.
Fine. If them holding their positions against ISIS is so bad, ok, maybe they should leave.

Quote:
What about looking at a map? Did you not read my post that you conveniently (on purpose of course) left out of your quote? Here it is again (bolded is your quote and the rest of the sentence);

"Russia is in Syria because it does not want the country to fall to the crazy radical Islamist, as other regime changes had occurred. The border between Russia and Syria is easy to cross as Turkey and Caucasus's do not have good border security, and the last thing Russia wants is a resurgence of radical Islam in the Chechen area.
Yes, you might want to look at a map. Getting on land from Syria to Chechnya is definitely not easy. The infrastructure is terrible, the borders closely guarded (the ARM-AZE border effectually closed), the area heavily mountainous and inhospitable.

Easier just to get a fake passport and fly from Istanbul to Moscow and move from there.

And why would Chechnya need Syrian fighters for their cause? 10-15% of the Russian population is Muslim, I'm sure they can find enough morons inside their own borders.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Litvinenko poisoning was a false flag operation according to a former French intelligence official

I thought it was pretty obvious with the Nemtsov murder that some or most murders were arranged by the CIA/MI6 as its close proximity to the Kremlin was meant to send a message to the Russian leadership.
And that message was..................... what exactly?

Old 03-23-2018, 08:44 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post

My point is that leadership can only be valued if it has international credibility. Your standing in society is determined by what others think about you.
Credibility is a matter of perception. To me and many people in the world a thug beating people on the street has no credibility. Nations which purposefully seek to destroy others have no credibility. The Syrian government has done it's job for decades with little strife aside from some bad episodes we all know about. A government is legit if it functions well and provides a stable environment for it's people.

Quote:
P.S. I'm not talking about right or wrong here, just laying down the framework for how international relations work.
Understood. We need to take a higher road. International relations need to be fixed. Respect for the rule of international law and human rights and above all our leaders need to be held accountable.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
To me and many people in the world a thug beating people on the street has no credibility.
Except if that thug is the Great Beloved Leader Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:51 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You have to look at things from both sides. Killing Nemtsov on that bridge had a purpose. It was not a random act. I beleive another aspect was that he was more valuable to the cause dead than breathing. Anything to make Putin and his people look bad.

What does the Russian government get for his death?

You can't totally discount some Russian super patriots doing it or the Chechen government, let alone the Kremlin but in the end I know there's a lot of hands in this witches brew we have here. The over riding fact to me is Memptsov was a washed up asset that produced little for the cause. If I had to pick one of the above he was offed because he was better to the cause dead than alive.

Skripal is a different instance but i think the same rules apply.
I think it was also meant to leave the leadership pondering the question of whether they are next if they can execute a hit in plain sight of the Kremlin.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:00 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
Quote:
Assad is the recognized leader of Syria, and he leads the recognized government of Syria. There is no other legitimate party, no other party is recognized as being the Syrian regime. Having some people in a country disagreeing with the regime does not add legitimacy to them, there are plenty of groups who disagree with Trump, but he and the current gov are in fact the rulers of the US.

Russia was invited by the Syrian government, the US was not. The US has invaded Syria and stating a "group invited them" is no different than stating some random group in the US invited foreign troops, so it is "legitimate". Turkey has now invaded Syria also.

The Chechen fighters are not sponsored by Russia, no more than the French and UK fighters are sponsored by said countries, absolutely a ridiculous and disingenuous statement.

Russia is in Syria because it does not want the country to fall to the crazy radical Islamist, as other regime changes had occurred. The border between Russia and Syria is easy to cross as Turkey and Caucasus's do not have good border security, and the last thing Russia wants is a resurgence of radical Islam in the Chechen area. This was well explained in Robert Gates book about what Putin conveyed to him during their meeting in regards to Libya, and Russia warning the US about sponsoring regime changes and allowing radical Islamist to take over and grow in power.

Exactly.....

Old 03-23-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

You might want to look at a map.

Exactly you should look at the map.

Russia has way more justifiable national security concerns in the area than the US.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Of course not, as they are a secessionist minority movement who don't even have the popular support of the people there, and in effect an organised criminal group.

In Donbass?? That statement is simply laughable....

Quote:

Yes, you might want to look at a map. Getting on land from Syria to Chechnya is definitely not easy. The infrastructure is terrible, the borders closely guarded (the ARM-AZE border effectually closed), the area heavily mountainous and inhospitable.

Is not only Chechnya....and terrorism does not need 6 lane freeways wit gas station and rest stop to spread from the middle east to the Caucasus.....

Old 03-23-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
In Donbass?? That statement is simply laughable....
How is it laughable, when it's simply the truth?

Ukraine Poll: Majority Want Donbas to Remain in Ukraine | IRI

"A combined 80 percent of Ukrainians nationwide and a combined 73 percent in the Donbas region believe that separatist-controlled areas of the Donbas should remain under Ukrainian control. Only six percent nationwide and four percent in the Donbas believe that these areas should either be separated from Ukraine or become part of Russia."

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Is not only Chechnya....and terrorism does not need 6 lane freeways wit gas station and rest stop to spread from the middle east to the Caucasus.....
The point is that there are 100 more easy ways to get into Russia from Syria than trekking trough Eastern Anatolia and the Caucasus.

---

The situation in the Middle East is a global problem, and that's why there are so many parties involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe