Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 12:52 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Otherwise they can not win,even with doping (well, all asthmatics who have )
Yeah, we know why Putin ordered the FSB to hide the doping, he wanted his hometown wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 12:57 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Exactly. It's just a way for corrupt Olympic officials to make more money. Various people pay them off to exclude Russia so that others can get more gold medals. Just another corrupt organization.
In fact it is Russia's denial of the program that is going to get them disqualified from the Olympics. They absolutely refuse to admit fault and are framing the individual bans as political attacks on Russia despite the evidence. This is sort of like blaming Ukraine for Russia's invasion

Old 11-29-2017, 01:00 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
people are always going to dope, I think they should just have a separate Olympics where doping is allowed, just like they have the Paralympics for people with disabilities. Then those who actually want to compete clean can go to the real Olympics and not worry about cheaters.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:38 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
In fact it is Russia's denial of the program that is going to get them disqualified from the Olympics. They absolutely refuse to admit fault and are framing the individual bans as political attacks on Russia despite the evidence. This is sort of like blaming Ukraine for Russia's invasion
So let me get this straight. If Russia admits to the allegations they can have athletes in the games. If they don't comply they are excluded.

Hmmmm.

I was born at night. But not last night.

With all of the doping going on in the Olympics in my lifetime I just think they should be abandoned all together. Just a waste of time and money.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:10 PM

Russia rolls out the TU-160M2. Modernized strategic bomber. It's basically a much better Tu-160 Blackjack. Begins testing in February

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsxo3EYkCPE

The current version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcQeZ_w8ro0

Old 11-29-2017, 04:20 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight. If Russia admits to the allegations they can have athletes in the games. If they don't comply they are excluded.

Hmmmm.

With all of the doping going on in the Olympics in my lifetime I just think they should be abandoned all together. Just a waste of time and money.
No I'm saying if an athlete wants to dope, Russian or otherwise, than they should compete with other athletes that are doped up too. But have separate events for people who don't dope. It's like how restaurants used to have smoking and non smoking sections.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
No I'm saying if an athlete wants to dope, Russian or otherwise, than they should compete with other athletes that are doped up too. But have separate events for people who don't dope. It's like how restaurants used to have smoking and non smoking sections.
I understand what you said Greg I was pointing out DKMs mess on the rug.

You might be onto something though. Athletes allowed to take whatever they want could be interesting. Meth would be a great performance enhancer for marathon runners 'eh? We could have a 3 day marathon.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:28 PM
DKM

Quote:

Hmmmm.

Not just admit, but explain how they will not use the government to cheat in the future. Obviously, not having the games in Russia will make it harder for them to swap testing samples. They can't show how they won't cheat if they deny the whole thing, makes it hard to accept them.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:57 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Do not miss!
Cool! This must be seen!

Old 12-01-2017, 01:13 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Yeah, we know why Putin ordered the FSB to hide the doping, he wanted his hometown wins.
The evidence is rather weak. This is more like politics than real violations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe