Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 10:12 AM
mym

706 posts, read 1,171,264 times

Advertisements

that is because you don't have abn-amro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,019 times
Hello!!! My name is Andy! I would like to be informed about everything that i have to do in order to move to Netherlands! I don't know from where to start my research about jobs, life and other things! I would appreciate any help! Thank you!

Old 09-09-2015, 12:33 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,859,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPanti View Post
Hello!!! My name is Andy! I would like to be informed about everything that i have to do in order to move to Netherlands! I don't know from where to start my research about jobs, life and other things! I would appreciate any help! Thank you!
Did you read all of the post in this particular series ?

An other way is to use the search method for any other info already discussed many times.

Not enough info what you are really looking for so hard to say *do this or that* ...

Have done any *research* yourself yet ?
What have *you* found out so far ?

Old 09-23-2015, 02:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,019 times
Hahaha ok thank you for your kind help!!

Old 09-23-2015, 04:00 AM
mym

706 posts, read 1,171,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPanti View Post
hi,

my name is m and i got a job in Europe within the current millennium.

how it's done:

you know what kind of work you are looking for so take that info and do this,
-go to job boards, put location as The Netherlands or whatever country you are interested in
-go online, put 'job Andy is looking for' and the city or country you are interested in

you will (hopefully) find some hits. sure go ahead and apply but also....

check out who the recruiters are (they may be mentioned on the bottom of the advert somewhere)
find the recruiter on linkedin
link up with them - send them a personalized message with your link request 'hi my name is / i've always wanted to go to X because Y

once you hook up with a recruiter on linkedin you will see all the job postings they post - because jobs get posted in linkedin nowadays, also other recruiters will notice and ask to add you or approach you with openings

at this point keep doing this process while applying for the positions that interest you. i go by the rule of tens: ten applications = one interview / ten interviews = one offer

The beginning of the week is all about scouring job boards - sending out resumes. Keep notes, list who you contacted, names if any - this comes in handy because later in the week you will get call backs and it helps to remember what you were applying for at their company if you just sent out 50 resumes between Monday and Wednesday. mid week the job boards go quiet, keep an eye on them just in case but now focus on the return emails/phone calls. also - activity goes up at the beginning of the month - some months are crazy busy, maybe the quarter just ended? what i am saying is the phone will get quiet every now and then - just stay positive and keep looking

interviews over the phone are the next step - first one is with the recruiter. this one is easy.

interviews with prospective employees - usually first one is over the phone again. go somewhere quiet. bring your notebook. work on your pitch and delivery. try to see where the interview goes right or wrong. keep the good parts, remove the bad parts. repeat.

if you make it past that - skype interview! dress up, comb your hair. call a friend to test the lighting and make sure you look right and your bong isn't in the background or something. expect a follow-up interview if you did good.

this also works for finding a job anywhere really. feel free to share with your friends. or your college. they don't seem to prepare people for job hunting. didn't back in my day either for that matter.

last thing - looking for a job IS a job. do not be discouraged. it can take months.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:27 PM

18 posts, read 17,991 times
Any places where I can start looking for used cars?

Old 12-10-2015, 01:44 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchfan007 View Post
Any places where I can start looking for used cars?
Here's a few of the popular sites.

AutoScout24

Occasions zoeken? Tweedehands auto's vind je hier: GasPedaal.nl

Auto kopen, occasions verkopen? Nieuwe auto's, tweedehands autos, klassieker, motor of bedrijfswagen - Auto Trader

What's important is that a car comes with NAP certificate (Nationale Auto Pas). this guarantees the milage on the car is real and logical.

You can also check a car's history here. Check for damages and accidents in the past is free, check on the milage and previous owners costs like 10 euro

Auto Kenteken Check - Kenteken NATREKKEN op SCHADE HISTORIE.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:21 PM

Thanks. Do you have any idea bout the financing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
Here's a few of the popular sites.

AutoScout24

Occasions zoeken? Tweedehands auto's vind je hier: GasPedaal.nl

Auto kopen, occasions verkopen? Nieuwe auto's, tweedehands autos, klassieker, motor of bedrijfswagen - Auto Trader

What's important is that a car comes with NAP certificate (Nationale Auto Pas). this guarantees the milage on the car is real and logical.

You can also check a car's history here. Check for damages and accidents in the past is free, check on the milage and previous owners costs like 10 euro

Auto Kenteken Check - Kenteken NATREKKEN op SCHADE HISTORIE.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:38 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchfan007 View Post
Thanks. Do you have any idea bout the financing?
Well most dealerships and second hand car shops offer financing but I don't think you'd get that if you're a temporary resident. What most people do is they get a loan from their bank, or a "doorlopend krediet" (ongoing credit?? not sure, but this is not a credit card).

I think your best chance would be to try to get an arrangement with a bank. Maybe if you can show them a 5 year contract (like you mentioned before) you can make an arrangement for payments spread over those 5 years. But I wouldn't bet on that.

Since the crisis and all, the Dutch laws on mortgages and financing changed and they're very strict now.

But, in your case, wouldn't there be a possibility to get a company lease car? That would be a pretty normal thing to ask for in your line of work. That would also be much cheaper than financing a car.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
Well most dealerships and second hand car shops offer financing but I don't think you'd get that if you're a temporary resident. What most people do is they get a loan from their bank, or a "doorlopend krediet" (ongoing credit?? not sure, but this is not a credit card).

I think your best chance would be to try to get an arrangement with a bank. Maybe if you can show them a 5 year contract (like you mentioned before) you can make an arrangement for payments spread over those 5 years. But I wouldn't bet on that.

Since the crisis and all, the Dutch laws on mortgages and financing changed and they're very strict now.

But, in your case, wouldn't there be a possibility to get a company lease car? That would be a pretty normal thing to ask for in your line of work. That would also be much cheaper than financing a car.
Thanks. Yes they offer lease, but if I opt for that I will not be eligible to get the 30% tax ruling I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe