Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 07:45 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I know but i prefer natural borders where possible and Russia needs to be punished anyway for their atrocities.
So, punish one country in the world by evicting it from a geographical land-mass, just by mentally ignoring its very real presence.

Quote:
Invading, terrorizing, selling weapons to the worst countries in the world POST-WWII is not what Europeans Countries do,
No, European countries only invented those concepts before WWII.
So you liisted all the legitimate reasons to kick the USA out of North America, too? What about China's atrocities, and the atrocities during the partition of India. And don't forget ISIS. Not much left of Asia, now that Russia, China, the Middle East and India are gone. Just Myanmar and the Khmer Republic and North Korea and the Dutch-exploited Indies still hanging in there.

The world existed before we were all born, and will be here after we're dead, and is not going to be rearranged to suit our infinitesimally short lifespans of convoluted and unintelligible tabloid-fueled we/they political correctness.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-09-2015 at 08:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 08:17 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,038,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
No, European countries only invented those concepts before WWII.

So you liisted all the legitimate reasons to kick the USA out of North America, too?

What about China's atrocities, and the atrocities during the partition of India.

And don't forget ISIS.

Not much left of Asia, now that Russia, China, the Middle East and India are gone.

Just Myanmar and the Khmer Republic and North Korea still hanging in there.
You can't compare the World from before WWII with the World after WWII.

No because the USA is the centre of North America.

China should get punished too, give Tibet, Taiwan and Hong Kong full independence.

ISIS is not a country.

When did i say i want to get rid of entire countries

Khmer Republic doesn't exist anymore since 40 years ago.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:49 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,713,438 times
Quote:
That map is from 1080, not the 800's. the Russian language was born in Vladimir, not Ukraine/Belarus but who's talking about languages anyway
You just made this up yourself. During the years when you posted the map, Ukrainian, Russian, and Belorusian were the same language.
Quote:
Russia lost their European license in the Cold War it will take at least another half-century and a complete reformation if they want it back.
That's right. Those Russian untermensch don't deserve the land they live on!

So let me get this straight, you are revising a whole people's history just based on their current actions and your personal like/dislike of a whole ethnic group? Ok got it.

Last edited by Gantz; 09-09-2015 at 08:58 AM..

Old 09-09-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
You can't compare the World from before WWII with the World after WWII.

No because the USA is the centre of North America.

China should get punished too, give Tibet, Taiwan and Hong Kong full independence.

ISIS is not a country.

When did i say i want to get rid of entire countries

Khmer Republic doesn't exist anymore since 40 years ago.
Is this the same Hong Kong that was China for 5,000 years, until the British stole it with gunboats? Oh, wait, that was before WWII, so that doesn't count.

When you said Russia is the only country in the world that is "a different thing" and not geographically regarded as a part of any continental land-mass. Please defend that with something more substantial than the emoticon..

How is the USA the "centre" of North America, but Russia is not the centre of Asia? Why do we not get any explanation or justification of any assertions, just new ones that are just as laughable as the old.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:25 AM

251 posts, read 396,561 times
Russia has always been part of Europe, and majority of the Russians are European descent.

Last edited by Rozenn; 09-09-2015 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Unnecessary

Old 09-09-2015, 10:31 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
I agree that the US is the center of North America, but Russia is certainly not the center of Asia, not geographically, let alone demographically or economically. Russia to Asia is like Canada to North America.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:32 AM

Back to the main point, it will probably never be known, because the most Asian city might be in France, the only country in which they really meant it when they said egalite, they take the word seriously, and it is not permitted to enumerate people on the basis of ethnicity or culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I agree that the US is the center of North America, but Russia is certainly not the center of Asia, not geographically, let alone demographically or economically. Russia to Asia is like Canada to North America.
Umm, Canada is a part of North America, right, and not "a different thing", like Russia?

Quote:

Because there is no land North of it.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
When you said Russia is the only country in the world that is "a different thing" and not geographically regarded as a part of any continental land-mass. Please defend that with something more substantial than the emoticon..

How is the USA the "centre" of North America, but Russia is not the centre of Asia? Why do we not get any explanation or justification of any assertions, just new ones that are just as laughable as the old.
You insinuated that i wanted to get rid of Russia, China, the Middle East and India. I just responded with a confusing emoticon, what else do you expect? Next time when replying to you i will just say "you make me confused" instead if that makes you happy?

Because there is no land North of it.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:34 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,933,827 times
Davy-040 you can think what ever you want but the majority of the world including the past and the present would disagree with you here's a link to continent boundaries, just go to Europe and Asia and it will show a diagram of the disputed boundaries between the two until we landed on the modern and accepted one. In any case, a rather large portion of Russia was considered to be part of Europe. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boun...een_continents .on a cultural/political basis I might agree with you that it's part of its own thing/ Eurasian world https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Economic_Union but we are talking about geography.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:

Umm, Canada is a part of North America, right, and not "a different thing", like Russia?

Last time i checked there were no countries located North of Russia.

You can't be the centre of a continent if there is only land South and West from you.

Canada is part of North America but its not the centre of the continent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe