Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 11:28 AM

102,371 posts, read 108,666,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta View Post
I lived in Frankfurt two years, then in Berlin three

yes Germany is boring, it has too many rules, German people to noisy and police you constantly, german neighbors love to call the polizei on you because you washed your car, or because you didn't recycle properly, and YES GERMAN MUSIC IS HORRIBLE!!!

good aspects of germany: wurst, open people, festivals, affordable goods, things work!

I have yet to hear Germans listening to classical music everyday! Sorry but I don't buy that

Another annoying thing about Germany, is that they try really hard to be like Americans. Why do you wanna be like Americans? Americans are annoying, be Germans, you'll look cooler!
Just wondering: what genres of American music aren't horrible? You're a fan of heavy metal? Grunge? Acid rock? Hip hop? Really??

Wurst? Seriously??

There's a huge swath of the US where you're not allowed to wash your car at home, you have to take it to a car wash, or take it to a wash-it-yourself garage. If your water bill reflects too much use, or a sudden surge in use, people from the water utility come to your home and walk around your yard, looking for evidence that you've been watering your garden outside of the allowed schedule. There are water restrictions in several states, and they're enforced. Just FYI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 02:44 AM

1,248 posts, read 828,594 times
I have an exam for the advanced level of German (C1) at the Goethe-Institut coming up in about four months. Except that I am not quite sure I would measure up to that level as yet. So I intend to spend the next four months taking in as much German as I possibly can, thinking German, dreaming German, eating, drinking, breathing German. The weekend is coming, and I am going to split it between grammar books and Patrick Süskind's "The Perfume" in the original language.

Old 01-09-2016, 01:39 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,405,084 times
Quote:
I don't have to prove anything to you

I speak my opinion and if you don't like it, too bad!
I was actually born in Germany, am a German citizen, and have lived half my life in Germany, yet some clowns on C-D claimed I wasn't knowledgeable about Germany.

Don't let internet trolls get to you.

Old 01-09-2016, 02:45 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,290,401 times
Quote:
YES GERMAN MUSIC IS HORRIBLE!!!
German music is pretty good!

https://youtu.be/Rr8ljRgcJNM

And yes, I believe that the Germans must fight with these brazen immigrants from Africa.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:26 PM

102,371 posts, read 108,666,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I was actually born in Germany, am a German citizen, and have lived half my life in Germany, yet some clowns on C-D claimed I wasn't knowledgeable about Germany.

Don't let internet trolls get to you.
LOL! The internet can be hilarious that way. I was recently accused of not knowing my home town and of being from elsewhere, because I would post about events, weather patterns, politics, or whatever, that some of the posters knew nothing about. Someone even messaged me that I was only "pretending" to know the area. It makes me wonder the age of many of the people posting here. It could be a generational thing.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:53 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,918,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It makes me wonder the age of many of the people posting here. It could be a generational thing.
Most def. Retirees and post-WWII baby-boomers shouldn't be allowed on discussion forums.

Go sit in your wheelchairs senile grandpas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe