Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2020, 08:42 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,866,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I think the whole rocket version is bulls**t. I'm leaning toward a technical malfunction. Tell me, why would the Iranians shoot down a plane that took off from their own airport? The version with the engine explosion seems more plausible to me.
They thought it was a US war plane, that is why.

Very plausible for it to happen. Poorly trained operators coupled with the stress and possible rumors of a US air strike, plus knowing AA systems are a priority target, they probably got fog of war or something and fired at it.

Similar to the US shoot down of the Iranian passenger plane, a series of failures despite the advance tech and training provided, coupled with the stress of a possible Iranian plane and strike by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 08:43 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,647,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I seriously doubt it and I'll bet my paycheck it wasn't. We may never know though.

That's what I am suspecting too.
IF in spite of all the current hostilities Iranians are letting NTSB on investigation, I'd say they don't have the answers and they want to have them. After all, practically all deceased people were Iranians from what I gather, don't matter what passports they owned.

If these were Iranian rockets that struck the plane, wouldn't they figure out it by now - who/what/where?

P.S. I was wondering about the "written off airframe" of this particular plane ( a brand new 747 purchased by Kolomoysky and Co sounded too suspicious for me,) but airframe is airframe, it wouldn't account for such drastic engine failure.

The last thing I want to hear in this case is mentioning of some "mysterious humming" recorded by black box before fire on board.

Because then investigation will hit the dead end, with no definite conclusions, as it was happening before.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:51 PM

1,348 posts, read 631,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They thought it was a US war plane, that is why.

Very plausible for it to happen. Poorly trained operators coupled with the stress and possible rumors of a US air strike, plus knowing AA systems are a priority target, they probably got fog of war or something and fired at it.

Similar to the US shoot down of the Iranian passenger plane, a series of failures despite the advance tech and training provided, coupled with the stress of a possible Iranian plane and strike by it.
This is all very strange.. I would agree with you if this plane was flying to Iran and crashed on approach.. But he took off, then something happened on Board, he turned around and tried to return to the airfield, but did not fly and fell... Since he was at low altitude, he could only be shot down with MANPADS.. I think the Iranians are not such blind idiots after all.. Although, everything can be..

Old 01-09-2020, 10:43 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,866,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
This is all very strange.. I would agree with you if this plane was flying to Iran and crashed on approach.. But he took off, then something happened on Board, he turned around and tried to return to the airfield, but did not fly and fell... Since he was at low altitude, he could only be shot down with MANPADS.. I think the Iranians are not such blind idiots after all.. Although, everything can be..
Any short to medium range AA can shoot it down. The Tor for example has an operational altitude of a few meters to a few thousand meters.

Even the best make mistakes, especially under such stress. The US for example, shot down an Iranian airliner, a series of issues were involved, but those issues along with the stress of the Stark a year before, and hostilities with Iran at the moment, fogged their thinking. The US was using the Aegis system, arguably the best AA system in the world along with a well trained crew.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:25 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,262,731 times
There are a lot of questions. A piece of the fuselage:

https://newsmaker.md/wp-content/uplo...0/01/large.jpg

I don't see traces of damaging elements. A missile had to leave a lot of holes. I agree with Scrat that if the plane was shot down, then it could be a gun. Shilka or aircraft gun. But then there are even more questions.

The video of a missile getting into an plane, which is widely distributed on the network, was published the next day. The tragedy occurred a couple of hours before dawn and videos of the first day is most likely not fake. But any person could go to the street the next night, show a view of the sky and add a tracer and an explosion in software. This is an unreliable source.

The tragedy has become political, it is a lot of money and powerful propaganda. Most likely we will never know the truth. As in the case of the Malaysian Boeing over Ukraine, everyone will choose a version liked for themselves.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
There are a lot of questions. A piece of the fuselage:

https://newsmaker.md/wp-content/uplo...0/01/large.jpg

I don't see traces of damaging elements. A missile had to leave a lot of holes. I agree with Scrat that if the plane was shot down, then it could be a gun. Shilka or aircraft gun. But then there are even more questions.

The video of a missile getting into an plane, which is widely distributed on the network, was published the next day. The tragedy occurred a couple of hours before dawn and videos of the first day is most likely not fake. But any person could go to the street the next night, show a view of the sky and add a tracer and an explosion in software. This is an unreliable source.

The tragedy has become political, it is a lot of money and powerful propaganda. Most likely we will never know the truth. As in the case of the Malaysian Boeing over Ukraine, everyone will choose a version liked for themselves.

Maxim...
If to believe this veteran, Russian pilot, it's the other way around. According to him, as soon as the black boxes will be decoded, "it will be very difficult to hide the real reason" behind this crash.
He describes step by step in layman terms, what happens with flight/engine on such and such altitude, what happens in case of fire in the engine, what pilots are trained for and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1XYHOushyQ

Old 01-10-2020, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Maxim...
If to believe this veteran, Russian pilot, it's the other way around. According to him, as soon as the black boxes will be decoded, "it will be very difficult to hide the real reason" behind this crash.
He describes step by step in layman terms, what happens with flight/engine on such and such altitude, what happens in case of fire in the engine, what pilots are trained for and so on.

Yes, but if propaganda engine worked and Western media gave information about a missile... I think that this cannot be stopped and any results of an analysis of the recorders ("black boxes") will be considered fake. Iran did not give the recorders to the USA or allies, so results will not be accepted.

Old 01-10-2020, 12:28 AM

It is also interesting that the plane lost radio communication before the explosion. This may indirectly indicate a problem on board.

Old 01-10-2020, 12:35 AM

1,348 posts, read 631,442 times
Quote:
Yes, but if propaganda engine worked and Western media gave information about a missile... I think that this cannot be stopped and any results of an analysis of the recorders ("black boxes") will be considered fake. Iran did not give the recorders to the USA or allies, so results will not be accepted.
Naturally... If all of a sudden to all other problems, it turns out that the Boeing engines also themselves explode...This will be the last nail in the coffin for Boeing. And yet there are many oddities in this case.

Old 01-10-2020, 12:42 AM

Quote:

Сanada will participate in investigation and so will Ukraine.

(And Abzalov said in "60 minutes" same thing as I did; if Iran were guilty of anything, they wouldn't give access to black boxes to anyone.

Common sense.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe