Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2020, 01:27 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,860,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So from what they are saying, only ONE plane ( the Ukrainian one) went into direction of the "sensitive" zone?

The rest were taking completely different routs then?
The IRGC has admitted this story was false. Keep searching for a way to blame Ukraine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 01:59 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
My opinion is the only entity responsible for this was the AA crew.

In a distance second, I would put Iran for allowing the flight to leave and civilian aircraft to operate, third would be the airline operators who decided to still take off despite the situation. Now to add to the second and especially the third, I included them in more of a way to prevent something like this from happening again, so not as so much a blame game thing, but an action thing to minimize such an event from happening.

Old 01-11-2020, 03:15 PM

2,225 posts, read 1,327,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
So I'm not buying accident....doesn't make sense...

I'm leaning towards intentional...accidental makes no sense

but we'll never know...very hard to prove.
Both Taheran Civil Aviation and the Military are equipped with short-range and long-range radars to monitor all flight paths of incoming and departing planes.

Old 01-11-2020, 04:09 PM

2,225 posts, read 1,327,980 times
One of the commander's men became restless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdee6qctLzk

Old 01-11-2020, 04:18 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,419,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No their isn't, there are no facts that indicate the jet was shot down. Iran and Ukraine say mechanical problems, an engine caught fire.
We can speculate that some trigger happy Iranian soldiers fired a SAM at it, thinking it was an American bomber over the capital, but that is just speculation and really doesn't make sense as it was shortly after take off. So I will go with mechanical problem.
No evidence????? What???? I guess the satellite infrared military tracking system which is the most sophisticated in the world is a worthless childs toy......lol You those were not roman candles WE ALL HAVE SEEN... HITTING THE PLANE LOL

Old 01-11-2020, 04:36 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
In international affairs' there is no such thing as coincidence.

Old 01-11-2020, 04:40 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I have to further amend my post about satellites because now it's being reported we did detect 2 launches which could match a SA 15. We didn't report it at first because we wanted to see Iran's reaction. They use thermal detection, so it would be small on a Tor but still reasonably able to determine the kind based on heat signature. A man pad would be undetectable.

I think our intelligence knew within an hour exactly what happened but when Iran declared it mechanical failure we decided to give them some rop to hang themselves and get all their leaders on the record multiple times denying it was a missile.

I also think maybe Iran initially denied it to see how much we could tell.

Old 01-11-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The Iranians shooting it down is moon bat bullchit. Next we'll hear Putin pushed a button on his desk and shot it down with a laser from Spasskey tower at the Kremlin.

Your arrogant posts are the proven moon bat bullchit.

Old 01-11-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Plucked with a dark beef based gravy. Broccoli and large curd cottage cheese with Cheetos mixed in a bowl on the side. Fresh baked bread too with a glass of water.

I own it. I completely ignored most of the news and relied on the first videos, pictures and some obscure
aviation experts. It all seemed to fit together so I went with it.

Seems to me you also ignored basic common sense and probability.

Old 01-11-2020, 05:29 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Anyone still wondering why folks are a tad nervous regarding Iran getting its hands on nuclear weapons?

Shooting down a lumbering civilian jet 3 minutes after it takes off from their very own (and largest and operational) airport is an immediate disqualification from future control of extremely dangerous weapons. (Even without those usual ‘Death to America’ blah blah blah chants.)

Ahh.. er... no.

That's not how it works, when it comes to "immediate disqualifications." ( At least not in my book, and at least not until I'll get sufficient explanations for example, of what exactly happened to the Flight TWA 800.)

The only REAL concern is that Iran is an Islamic country after all, but this is no bigger concern for me than Pakistan having the nuclear weapon. Or North Korea for this matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe