Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 01:00 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
You have to realize that most people(not all) who go to gyms are very conceited and big hyprocrites. They poke fun at fat people, especially fat women even when we are trying to do things that are better for our health. When I asked for diet advice I had gotten some snarky answers and comments mostly from the men.

Oh and its not about losing weight to be healthy it is all because of looks. I am not a fan of the tree twig look. Because it if were about being healthy, no one would have ridiculed that poor woman.
why would anyone care what people they don't even know have to say about their appearance? In my experience, people go to the gym are for the most part too busy doing their workout routines to make derogatory comments or even make friends, but if you happen to encounter somebody like that, their attitude is their problem only, and nobody else's.

Rude people are everywhere and gyms are no exception.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:30 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
why would anyone care what people they don't even know have to say about their appearance? In my experience, people go to the gym are for the most part too busy doing their workout routines to make derogatory comments or even make friends, but if you happen to encounter somebody like that, their attitude is their problem only, and nobody else's.

Rude people are everywhere and gyms are no exception.

Well, you have to remember that most people join gyms just so they can make fun of fat people. And everyone knows that most people who join gyms, are conceited men who post on C-D.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:09 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
What annoys me are women who care more about being skinny rather than being healthy/fit. There are plenty of fit/health women with athletic bodies, whether that be more bulky or slim, and then there are women who are thin but very unhealthy in other ways. There are plenty of skinny, unfit people, take me for instance, and there are plenty of people who are slightly overweight but alot fitter than you would expect.

Female bodybuilders who go all out are not my cup of tea either, but I don't see anything wrong with women developing some muscle tone rather than just going for less mass. But biologically women are supposed to have more fat evenly spread around their bodies, so they can't really aspire to have the same muscle mass and a lower BMI as the average man who works out to the same degree without going a bit further and maybe 'against nature' a bit.

For all equality etc I think women are still not embracing being physically strong. I agree men are generally better suited to doing heavy lifting, but women are more capable than this society which it's strict gender expectation tells them. A healthy woman can easily lift a few shopping bags, there's no reason a man has to be all 'gentlemanly' and carry them for her.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:46 AM

410 posts, read 743,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
A healthy woman can easily lift a few shopping bags, there's no reason a man has to be all 'gentlemanly' and carry them for her.
I'm happy to say that I lift my own grocery bags, as many as I can fit on my arms at a time and still get the door open.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:48 AM

525 posts, read 900,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Those are ALL my kind of women. Your Rin Nakai pic didnt show up but I know who she is and WOW WOW WOW I had to post it for everyone to see.

Those types of women are pretty prevalent where I live. You can ALWAYS find them at Crossfit, Equinox and usually getting mochas at Starbucks. Those are TOTALLY my favorite type of women - super athletic yet still very feminine.

Female bodybuilders are not at all attractive to me. Some of them during off-season may be okay, but for the most part, the bodybuilding chicks are NOT attractive usually. Fitness Models are where its at though.
steroids

Old 10-05-2011, 10:49 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
bek 1 in 3 americans is obese?
the strange part, if there is one thing an american cant stand is a slob, but have no problem being one.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:54 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Quote:
Why are Fit women so RARE and hard to find?
Where do you live? I've seen plenty of fit women on the west coast. I've heard Colorado is the most active and fittest state in the nation. Move there.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:30 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,004,056 times
renault wrote:
I've heard Colorado is the most active and fittest state in the nation.
In a very general way this is true. Compared to everywhere else I've ever lived, Coloradans are very active. Nonetheless, there is still a very high % of obese, out of shape people ( men and women ) living in Colorado.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:37 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Where do you live? I've seen plenty of fit women on the west coast. I've heard Colorado is the most active and fittest state in the nation. Move there.
You need to be more specific on the exact parts of the west coast. "Porkland" Oregon is west coast and has some of the biggest/fattest people Ive ever seen. Heck, even Riverside, Kern County, San Bernardino have an Alabama like obesity problem.

I hear a LOT about Colorado being the "fittest" city though. Hear it from people who live there, tv shows, magazine and online polls and studies as well.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:30 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,740,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You need to be more specific on the exact parts of the west coast. "Porkland" Oregon is west coast and has some of the biggest/fattest people Ive ever seen. Heck, even Riverside, Kern County, San Bernardino have an Alabama like obesity problem.
Really? Have you even been to Alabama? This is even more reason to hate people from california, so fake and stuck up. (Not trashing the lovely residents from that state that I have had the great pleasure of meeting, God bless you)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness