Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 06:41 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,454,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitagreatday View Post
...you are not as fit as you can be...period.
Not always true. If you're overweight and fat, then yes what you say is true. Being overweight and muscular is a completely different story.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,237,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm 190 pounds now. I know people think that's overweight,and it is I know that. The main problem with it though is I actually like my bod this way. And I have no health issues. I just want to tone my arms and legs,that's it.

Someone above stated some people look worse when they lose weidimply ght. My body might look a little worse. As I stated before,if I get down to 160 pounds id be sporting A cups,with more ribs showing than they do now,and 44 inch hips with fat thighs. Very unproportioned.

Of course,guys complain they don't like overweight women,yet I know they don't like flat chests either. So either way I can't win.

That's what I don't understand. Overweight women have all the things men like,yet they want these things on skinny or slim women. So not realistic.
You may not have any health issues now, but eventually you may have some serious health issues due to excess fat. Instead of worrying about what you think others want you to look like think about what you want to do, or be able to do as you age. If you want to tone your arms and legs strength training is one of the best (most efficient) ways to do it.

When I was young, I had goals, daydreams really. Things I wanted to do sometime. For several years I let myself go, didn't exercise, ate all the wrong foods and too much. I was always going to start taking care of myself tomorrow. It's under control now, but some of those dreams are beyond recovery. Tomorrow seems so far away until it arrives.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 AM

324 posts, read 877,735 times
Can you imagine how exhausting and demoralizing it would be if you had to live with people who have convinced themselves that fat is beautiful and fitness undermines their beauty.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:47 AM

410 posts, read 743,205 times
Quote:
I'm 190 pounds now. I know people think that's overweight,and it is I know that. The main problem with it though is I actually like my bod this way. And I have no health issues. I just want to tone my arms and legs,that's it.

Someone above stated some people look worse when they lose weidimply ght. My body might look a little worse. As I stated before,if I get down to 160 pounds id be sporting A cups,with more ribs showing than they do now,and 44 inch hips with fat thighs. Very unproportioned.

Of course,guys complain they don't like overweight women,yet I know they don't like flat chests either. So either way I can't win.

That's what I don't understand. Overweight women have all the things men like,yet they want these things on skinny or slim women. So not realistic.
A lot of health issues associated with being overweight aren't obvious until it becomes serious. I don't think it's worth the risk.

Not all men like women with large breasts, and not all women who are in shape have a flat chest.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:58 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
It drives me crazy when women say muscles make them look like men !! or they refuse to lift heavy weights because they don't want to get to big.

These are ridiculous statements that prevent women from reaching their full fitness potential (and attractiveness).

Why is it so rare to find fit healthy girls with muscles ?
Why do women NOT like being aesthetic and strong ?
Why are women so ANTI- gym ?

Examples of rare gems

Dominika Cibulkova

Rin Nakai

Unknown

unknown

No one thinks any of these women look like men ! Quite the opposite actually...
I love love love the fitness chick look! That is my feminine ideal for sure. I love a toned, healthy looking woman. Can't stand all these flat ass runner bodies nowadays. Women are so obsessed with being "skinny". I like CURVES on a woman. Anyways, these women are hard to find because to look like a fitness chick you gotta live a certain lifestyle. It takes a lot of discipline and dedication and many of these women are fanatical about it. In other words they are always at the gym or always eating healthy. I also notice many of these types of women are very high strung and "busy bodies". You won't find them out doing things most other women do, Some probably but they are in the gym hours a day 5-6 days a week.

One thing you gotta understand about fitness women is they too are very much into drugs of the same calibre as the male bodybuilders. Anavar, t3, clen, ephedrine, low dose testosterone, Gh, primobolan are all very big among fitness competitors. Also many of the serious fitness chicks are big time coke heads and party girls. I love the fitness chick "look" but there personalities are usually way too intense and uptight for my tastes. I was involved in the bodybuilding industry for a long time and the entire health and fitness industry is very narcissistic and fickle at times.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:02 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,716,319 times
Quote:
I'm large framed and even at 190 pounds I can actually count my ribs and see my collarbone.I know it isn't healthy on my 5ft 6 in height but I want to look proportioned. Besides,as a pear shape(to the extreme) I'm always going to look bigger anyway. At 135 pounds(assuming I can even get that low) I would be an AAA cup. Not pretty
What about 150(start of the healthy range)? Have you ever had your body fat tested? If you are a pear you really are not going to get that upper body fat like an apple will. You are only 29. Health issues from bad habits usually don't show up until later in life.

Heart attacks are not pretty. How do you know you would be that flat anyway if you never have been that thin? I would rather be a AAA cup and healthy instead of drooling on myself because I had a stroke.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:18 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
I recently joined a gym myself (albeit just for two months for now) and I notice as many women as men. The difference is the women tend to be on the treadmills, bikes.etc, I don't see so many lifting weights and stuff. For some of these women they probably only go there to stay slim, not really caring too much about the other benefits of health. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I admire a lady who wants to have some strength as well as endurance. I don't expect women to try and match men of course, but what's the harm in developing some muscle strength? Women have muscles too, so they should use them. But women also have a higher than average BMI than men so if they naturally have curves they should embrace that while still maintaining a healthy weight. The worst ones are the ones who try to get skinny through methods like starving themselves, going on silly diets which only hinder them from getting a balanced nutrition, or worse yet smoking or something like that just to stay thin, as if that's all that matters. Thin doesn't necessarily equal healthy either...There are too many women who look thin but are actually pretty unfit and not strong at all. That's not what anyone should strive for. I realised I was too thin and lacked the necessary strength for alot of things so I am taking action, everyone should have a base level of strength.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:25 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,187,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Sports are male dominated. Mostly men watch sports and they more frequently participate in them. Feminine hobbies are doing hair, sewing, cooking etc not tackling others, climbing trees, or rolling around in mud. If you want a feminine sport try cheerleading or figure skating though I dont really consider those true sports.
I have said this before. You need to get out more. Feminine hobbies are "doing hair?" Are you serious? I have an impression from your other posts that you are relatively young. Your attitude towards sports is more like those of prior generations when women didn't play many sports.

Women participate in almost all of the same sports as men. 20,000 people will watch women play tennis in the US open. Gymnastics may be the #1 or #2 sport for TV viewers during the Olympics. Natalie Coughlin, an multi-Olympic medalist swimmers went far in DWTS. And so on.....Althletic women are more graceful, more beautiful, and more capable than those that aren't. A strong female soccer player may not be super-slim, but she is infinitely more attractive than an overweight TV watcher.

Get your hands on the current ESPN "The Body Issue" magazine. Most of the women featured are beautiful.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,397,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Sports are male dominated. Mostly men watch sports and they more frequently participate in them. Feminine hobbies are doing hair, sewing, cooking etc not tackling others, climbing trees, or rolling around in mud. If you want a feminine sport try cheerleading or figure skating though I dont really consider those true sports.
*snort*

seriously? If you don't consider the above to be sports - it's clear that you've done neither.....

Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 AM

474 posts, read 905,778 times
Quote:

I am a guy and I can say with complete certainty that I prefer a slim, fit, and "flat" woman over a busty heavy woman.

You probably already know that you can't just "tone" your arms and legs. No spot work on those body parts will show if you don't reduce body fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness