Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 05:45 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,740,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Really?! Say's who-you? I tackled and rough-housed with my girls when they were younger. We also climbed trees and loved it. We don't roll around in the mud, but we do get muddy on some of out trail rides or mountain bike rides. What an antiquated stereotype you use. No doubt doing hair, sewing, cooking etc., are useful skills for both genders.
Other sports available to my daughters include, not limited to: gymnastics, cross-country, volleyball, basketball, swimming, track, softball, tennis, soccer
I was never roughhoused as a child. Never played sports or anything never wanted to either. Roughhosing is mainly for boys and tomboys (most girls grow out of it) I have 5 brothers when they were outside playing football or whatever I was always inside doing girl things like baking, sewing, or getting a manicure.I guess it depends on what environment you were raised in. I would never go "mountain biking." or 'mud bogging" (popular here).

Old 10-11-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post

You breast size won't matter when you are in the morgue drawer.

And losing weight does not always mean loosing your breasts either.
I lost a lot and the band size just kept dropping. I may of lost 1/2 a cup size but it doesn't really matter as in shape breasts made of true breast tissue and muscle underneath look much better than shapeless ones comprised mostly of fat that don't hang well due to weak chest muscles. Also as you lose weight your proportions go down. A c cup looks huge on someone who wears a size 2 but if you are in a 22 its going to appear a lot smaller.

But I really did not care if they went or not.
Seriously ladies. They look better when you are in shape. If you are willing to ruin your system by being unhealthy fat to keep a chest you may as well buy implants and take that risk. At least with implants you won't have all the risk factors related to weight that will ruin your later years with ill health. The cost of implants is cheap compared to a lifetime of medications. If you get sick from your implants...take them out. If you stay sick..oh well. You would of anyway if you stayed obese so whats the difference. None.
My boobs make my stomach look smaller so that is definitely a plus to having them. at least i am not fat with small boobs that would have been a disaster..

but some woman gain weight to get bigger boobs because small boobs are just not very feminine or attractive to most men. my heart goes out to the women who have breast cancer.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 PM

324 posts, read 877,806 times
@ Mocha

that video was awesome !!
You do know all those girls are tiny. if you were to see them in regular clothes they would look petite

Old 10-11-2011, 08:27 PM

572 posts, read 1,299,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
My boobs make my stomach look smaller so that is definitely a plus to having them. at least i am not fat with small boobs that would have been a disaster..

but some woman gain weight to get bigger boobs because small boobs are just not very feminine or attractive to most men. my heart goes out to the women who have breast cancer.
What men? I was in the military, around a LOT of men, most men I know would rather have a woman that is a healthy weight, not too heavy, not too light, than a woman with an over abundance of boobs.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo61397 View Post
What men? I was in the military, around a LOT of men, most men I know would rather have a woman that is a healthy weight, not too heavy, not too light, than a woman with an over abundance of boobs.
Oh well just my luck then

Old 10-11-2011, 08:54 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
@ Mocha

that video was awesome !!
You do know all those girls are tiny. if you were to see them in regular clothes they would look petite
Glad you guys liked it! League, I know the women's muscles look bigger because they are flexed. Amazing dedication and discipline.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:54 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I love that video. Especially the chick at the 1:58 mark. WOW!!!

Most of the women in that vid I find to be very attractive, except for the ugly Kate Gosselin hair styled chick flexing behind the minivan. But for the most part, they all to me are fit, sexy, feminine and I can guarantee you the have no self esteem issues and they do not suffer from lonliness or difficulty getting dates.
The Kate Gosselin looking chick has a great body, but that hair is hideous.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 PM

464 posts, read 832,803 times
Thumbs up I will definitely eat my words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Not always true. If you're overweight and fat, then yes what you say is true. Being overweight and muscular is a completely different story.
...if we are talking muscle weight and not fat weight.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:25 PM

464 posts, read 832,803 times
Default Although I am not a a Registered Dietician...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I realised I was too thin and lacked the necessary strength for alot of things so I am taking action, everyone should have a base level of strength.
...I believe eating protein within 30 minutes after of doing weights helps to develop muscle. My husband told me this and I do a boiled egg and he does nuts and has sculpted toned muscles, for sure, whereas mine are hidden under some much needed future toning and weight regimen to come.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Do I really have to lift weights to get the athletic look though? I just love cardio. Iss there someway I can get toned using an elliptical(at least the thighs)?

Cordianet has a very good calculator. You put in your weight and bodyfat level. Then you decide what percentage of body fat you would be at a certain weight. For me to have 24% body fat I would have to be around 150,if I lose muscle along with the fat. Or 160 if I retain muscle.
Lifting light weights just helps to develop muscle strength. You don't have to have bulging biceps, just be toned instead of just having stick-like marathon runner's arms. Unless that's what you're looking for, but having at least some strength will be advantageous in sports and in general day to day life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness