Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM

503 posts, read 772,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
This could have very well been me

Why didn't I get off? I already burned through 4 calories. If I got off and onto another treadmill, well one just can't type in those 4 calories they already banked into the new machine Whatever my calorie count said, I'd always be 4 short
Yes - I am sure the calorie burn count standard error is +/- 4 cals so you will be ok. Or you can take a crumb out of your cookie that equals 4 cal so you can make it up there.... Either way the ears of your fellow gym peeps will appreciate it. I think next time I will just take some WD-40 with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,920 times
Cardio Queens.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Strike up a conversation with them in Spanish. Works every time.
I don't like talking to people while I'm working out, in Spanish or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
Cardio Queens.
How do cardio bunnies bother you?

Old 02-07-2013, 03:08 PM

343 posts, read 1,046,267 times
People who stand around in true Passive Agressive Internet Dweller form and sigh, give sideways glances, check their watch, etc when I am using equipment that they want. I know that talking to people is terrifying for some, but really, just ask how many sets I have left. Your theatrics only make me workout slower.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:24 PM

808 posts, read 1,679,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't like talking to people while I'm working out, in Spanish or otherwise.

How do cardio bunnies bother you?
My guess is Cardio Bunnies bother people when it's essentially rush out at the gym. You know, 5-8, and you've got people running marathons on the treadmill and never getting off despite a time limit.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoon7 View Post
People who stand around in true Passive Agressive Internet Dweller form and sigh, give sideways glances, check their watch, etc when I am using equipment that they want. I know that talking to people is terrifying for some, but really, just ask how many sets I have left. Your theatrics only make me workout slower.
LOL YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
My guess is Cardio Bunnies bother people when it's essentially rush out at the gym. You know, 5-8, and you've got people running marathons on the treadmill and never getting off despite a time limit.
Ah. I always went by the 'first come first served' rule, and I've never belonged to a gym that puts time limits on cardio machines.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:49 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
LOL YES!

Ah. I always went by the 'first come first served' rule, and I've never belonged to a gym that puts time limits on cardio machines.
Although I can understand a gym putting time limits on cardio. That is understandable. However I prefer not to belong to gyms that do that for several reasons. For one it means it is an overly crowded gym. Probably much of the day and definitely into the evening. I have belonged to gyms like that in Portland, Oregon. They can keep them. Crowded anytime you went. Second I want to be able to do as much cardio as I need and want to do. 20 minutes is not enough for me. All in all I want to be comfortable in the gym I choose. I don't want to be rushed. With people standing in line to use the cardio I am on. Such as in Portland.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 AM

808 posts, read 1,679,066 times
The only time gyms tend to put time limits on cardio equipment is yes, during the busier times. At my gym it's 30 mins. Although they don't really enforce it. It's just common courtesy really. Yea, you can run 26.2 miles on the treadmill so no one else gets the chance, or you can not be a dick and come at a less busy time.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:06 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,310 times
When they reserve the entire stretching area for personal training and you now have nowhere to stretch or do calisthenics. This happened the last time I went to Bally's. I understand it was prime resolution season, but to take up the entire area was ridiculous. It was about 5 trainers at the same time.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:40 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
When they reserve the entire stretching area for personal training and you now have nowhere to stretch or do calisthenics. This happened the last time I went to Bally's. I understand it was prime resolution season, but to take up the entire area was ridiculous. It was about 5 trainers at the same time.

Is Bally's still in business. Seems like I heard they closed their clubs after their bankruptcy. I know they came into some states and shut everyone of them down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness