Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 PM

708 posts, read 878,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I don't think there's anything special about these women I'm posting. They just put in alot of hard work at the gym + eat low enough calories to look great. Very few people have the work ethic and determination to look like a fitness model but it's far more rare with women because they're taught not to lift weights (which is idiotic)

Keep in mind I'm an amateur bodybuilder myself, so I'm not being hypocritical.

Yea I'm fine with any girl who is not overweight and has an appealing face

Are you a woman?

Not everyone has a body type that by working out alone, they will look like a fitness model. There are a lot of women that do put in a lot of hours working out, and are probably more fit than the models than you describe, but will have more of a range of body types. You do understand that, don't you. Look at competitive athletes for instance, a marathon runner looks different from a competitive swimmer. The Williams sisters have honed their bodies to be good at their craft, not to meet whatever you think the ideal is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 09:57 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
I'm into fitness but not as you describe. I'm quite active and I want a women who can keep up. We're not talking ready for a marathon yesterday, just someone who likes to be out doing and can. That kind of fit.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,117 times
Who cares? We're gonna die anyway. I refuse to join a gym full of fist-pumping narcissists.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
I'm not a vegetarian but I love a lot of the vegetarian substitute foods because of the lower fat content.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:29 AM

362 posts, read 560,031 times
I see fitness as a quality of life issue. Life is more fun when you can participate to the maximum extent feasible. Harder to participate when you can't cross the street without getting winded.

It's not about narcissism, or about death, to me. It's about enjoying this beautiful world we live in.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Do you like partners who are extremely fit? Do you work out a lot yourself?
I aim to better myself every day physically and mentally. That is my goal in life. To that end I do indeed try to keep fit but I am not the "Gym" type of person. I have no time or inclination to go to artificial environments of that sort and prefer to run and cycle out in nature and the real world.

I also study Capoeira and Brazillian J-J with my girlfriends and it has become a big part of our lives and we enjoy practicing together. The girls are very good at Capoeira and I find it works wonderfully with our relationship as there is a lot of trust and co-operation and mutuality in the forms.

I keep a wolf too and run with it for an hour every morning and cycle to force him to sprint for one hour every evening. This is great for my fitness and his and - as anyone who has worked with wolves or been mad enough to own one will tell you - it keeps him physically satisified so he does not take his energy frustrations out by eating things that are important to you like your walls.

On top of all that I try to eat healthily. I do not watch calories or fats or anything like that due to how active we are in life but I do try to eat fresh rather than processed and wherever possible - veg, herbs, eggs, meat, fish, bread - I either grow, produce or hunt my own where possible.

All in all it leaves me and the girlfriends very fit so we can not complain.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
I prefer my men to have fast metabolisms over being fit

Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Very important. I like lean definition, but not anything past that.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
I prefer men who are into fitness as much as I am. My primary goal when it comes to working out is to improve my health and fitness levels so I would like to find the same in a guy.

An added benefit would be to have someone there checking out my form.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I'm not a vegetarian but I love a lot of the vegetarian substitute foods because of the lower fat content.
I had a knee-jerk reaction to dislike vegetarian food because I thought that was all part of being "granola." Then I realized that the buffet chain "Fresh Choice/Sweet Tomatoes"/"Souplantation" is essentially vegetarian - the only non-vegetarian items you encounter is some pepperoni on 1 out of 4 pizza choices, and 1 out 4 soups that have either chicken or turkey. The meal is essentially vegetarian, and with 2 trips through the line, I'm good. I couldn't make it as a vegetarian -- I had a long-awaited Big Mac last night, and can't wait for turkey in two days.

Here's how I look at fitness, more so than the gym. It's simple arithmetic. If you are a sedentary adult male, you can only take in 2,000 to 2,200 calories a day to keep your weight in check. Also, the out-of-bounds addition of 3,500 calories means you've added a pound. To that, I said I would cheat with one buffet a week, one hefty fast food burger with all the fixins' a week, and one nice slice of chocolate cake a week, and that was about it. Then, every time I went to the gym, I wanted to work off at least a Big Mac. Those guys have 540 calories. I would stay on the elliptical until 540 calories showed up. At my setting, that was 37 minutes. The resistance circuit might have consumed some calories, though I didn't know how much. I got down to 172 lbs. in about 2 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness