Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 04:05 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,425,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post

That other young girl you posted about is a true hero, plain and simple. Sadly I bet more people know about Jen Setler than her. Beauty fades, implants need touch-ups, but education is forever. Why don't more people understand that?
There are plenty of threads about Malala already so............you know. Dont think people are bringing up Jen Selter or Kim Kardashian in Malala threads because the TOPICS are different.

Malala is a WORLD HERO, pick up her book "I am Malala" to read her story. Its a GREAT read, but, waaaaaay off topic form this thread.

Hilarious how people choose to shoot down someone who is bringing a positive message to people about health/well being/active lifestyle just because others find them attractive, or, just because that person was thrust into that role because of their beauty and popularity.

Fact is, she leveraged her fitness obsession into a lucrative career, and now she's helping people who are on a deadly path to obesity change their ways before they DIE!! Well done Jen. Well done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 04:08 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,681,680 times
She is a babe, and to top it off she is smart and successful.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:04 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Hello we all look like that at 20!!!!! I had a big old JLo butt for a white girl at 20. Let's see her when she's 40. There's really no content to this.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:00 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
She looks good... lets see how she parlays it into a career long term though.

I do think her butt is getting out of proportion a bit, but still looks nice.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:12 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,429,421 times
I would bang her !

Old 12-09-2014, 09:54 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,008,536 times
Of course it's about her ass. That's what all these girls do on instagram. They post a bunch of dumb quotes and upload pictures of their ass. That, and their big fake boobs. I don't have a problem with someone doing that, but don't act like it's all about health and fitness. Tons of these girls objectify themselves to make money (advertising things like "online training," fitness clothing lines, and occasionally getting deals like this if they get popular). Plus they tend to get a bunch of free supps from smaller companies if they can get people buying.

Now, I don't think Jen is ugly or anything, but she's not anywhere near the most attractive fitness girl on IG sticking her ass out. Also, when it comes to fitness girls actually promoting health or whatever, I find the crossfit girls are a bit more genuine (or even some of the more intense bodybuilder types if you're into the big girls). Although I have some problems with crossfit, they tend to post more stuff about lifts and their gym community, etc., and it's not all about sticking out their ass and fake boobs.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:09 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,566,007 times
She's taking advantage of what she has genetically to be a success. The hypocrisy that one type of genetic advantage is laudable and worthy (e.g. brains) versus another (beauty or hotness) is not ....just stupidity - reflex concreted opinions one is meant to have in "polite society."

What .... my attcggcct is better than your attttgcct?

That's BS PC.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
She's taking advantage of what she has genetically to be a success. The hypocrisy that one type of genetic advantage is laudable and worthy (e.g. brains) versus another (beauty or hotness) is not ....just stupidity - reflex concreted opinions one is meant to have in "polite society."

What .... my attcggcct is better than your attttgcct?

That's BS PC.
So, do you call ass implants and a fake nose "genetic advantage?"

Just checking.

Even if her rear is real (I have my doubts), this makes her a shrewd businesswoman. It does not make her a fitness role model.

I won't argue that she doesn't know how to market her brand.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:10 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
Everyone into fitness on IG or Facebook with mediocre popularity try to be some people try to be some kind of super human philosopher.

"it's not how much weight you lifted today, it's whether or not you held the door for the person behind you on the way in."

It's annoying and beyond fake. But... There's just so many people that eat that up. They make these relationship quotes that are so inspiring, yet they jump from person to person when dating it's unbelievable.

A genuine person shouldn't have to brag what kind of person they are. Their actions should show it and people would know.

I love fitness, I love weight lifting, dieting, tweaking different things and making changes and see what results come of it. I HATE most the fake people in the industry. Whether it's ones I described above or men/woman promoting supplements like they use those, and not steroids, to get their physique.

The only good thing about Jan Shelter, from the few times I've seen her IG page, is she doesn't seem to be as annoying as most the others.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I have friends who are just as fitness minded as Jen Setler and do so by owning/operating fitness studios/boot camps, but they don't feel the need to show their figure every day regardless of how good it looks. Their priority is overall health and fitness, not admiration from others.

This. I work with an AMAZING trainer who is full of inspirational quotes, recipes, workout routines, a friendly ear and a kind word for everyone making an effort.

What she doesn't have is a ton of instagram photos with her fake a$$ sticking out ten different ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness