Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 01:56 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times

Advertisements

Women looking at my "bottom".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 02:13 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,609 times
Guys that stand in front of the mirror in the bathroom perfecting their look for excessive time. 2 guys in my gym in particular. Pretty average to nerdy looking guys otherwise, but good God in heaven, they stand there, every morning, searching for nose hairs, eyebrow hairs, pimples, whatever.

at least they are usually wearing underwear.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:02 PM

149 posts, read 187,188 times
Smelly people. On Monday this week a young 20ish woman reeked of cheap perfume. I could not breathe! And I hate when people, primarily men, have BO. OMG guys wash yourself and your work-out clothes occasionally!

That's it. I don't talk to folks and I keep to myself. Do my hour and shower....

Old 07-31-2015, 05:01 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I leave one 45lb plate at each end. That should be enough for next person's warmup. If too much then they should not be in the squat rack.[or bench press] Use the Smith Machine or dumbbells or weighted short bar if your gym has the latter. They do come in 20,30,40-110lb increments.

I left a few plates on one day and the next guy, a senior fellow,gave me lip about leaving all that weight. I said that is how I found them and besides we are here to move weight around. Does not matter if on or off the rack it is good exercise. He could do cable rows if he wants to start at zero.

The simplest way to do it is to take ALL the weights OFF and let everyone have the opportunity to determine what weights they want to use for themselves.

There are folks coming off of surgery, with various handicaps, beginners and many others that won't appreciate someone leaving the weights on.

At a previous gym, there was a gentleman with muscular dystrophy, the guy struggled to lift a 25 pound weight, he was in a wheelchair but he still did what he could and I was happy to help him move weights around due to those who had assumed that the next guy after them would be just as big of an alpha, stud monster as they fancied themselves to be.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:03 PM

163 posts, read 247,379 times
Pullups and curls in the squat cage.
Sweaty people who don't wipe down the machines when they are done.
People who stand around and talk with all the 25-35 pound dumbbells.
People who take grunting to the next level on heavy lifts.
Gym staff who don't do their jobs.
The form-bro.

These are a few of the people who annoy me. I cannot wait to get a house so that I can put a squat cage and some weights in my garage.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:17 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilliger View Post
Pullups and curls in the squat cage.
Sweaty people who don't wipe down the machines when they are done.
People who stand around and talk with all the 25-35 pound dumbbells.
People who take grunting to the next level on heavy lifts.
Gym staff who don't do their jobs.
The form-bro.

These are a few of the people who annoy me. I cannot wait to get a house so that I can put a squat cage and some weights in my garage.
Yep, I so love my Olympic set in the garage. I have a cranked stereo, take all the time I want and a fridge with beverages 3 feet away. I can wear crappy clothes and no one stares.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:34 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
Here is my list->

1. People that use the cable machine, pull it all the way back, usually doing some ridiculous, potato-logic looking exercise....and then let the cable fly ALL the way back. Completely idiotic and unnecessary.

2. People that insist on dropping dumbbells from the very top, after every single set. Not only is the end result crooked or broken dumbbells but the likelihood of them hitting someone after bouncing off the ground is rather high, especially in smaller gyms.

3. The guy that always insists on jumping rope in the most inconvenient place possible.

4. The hardcore Cross-fitters that don't understand that they aren't in a Cross-fit box. Stop ****ing running laps around the free weight area you tool.

5. Naked old guys in the locker room. I get that you're comfortable with your own body, but is it really necessary for you to be standing there, shaving, trying to talk to people while your dick is swinging around.

6. People who never rack their weights.

7. Women that overdo the perfume and walk around smelling like the cosmetics counter at Macy's and men who go nuts with the body spray.

8. Old guys that walk around, visibly critiquing people's form and giving out unsolicited pointers. Its great that you're enthusiastic and you might be a nice guy and extremely knowledgeable but you're like 70 and walking up to 17 and 18 year olds and telling them to "put their hips into it" while physically demonstrating the motion at the same time can only be seen as overly creepy.

9. People working out in groups standing around and acting like cheerleaders, obliviously taking up space all over. Like its great that you want to root your buddy on, but you don't have to do it from 2 feet away, ensuring that you're always in the way of other people who want to work out.

10. The super pervy personal trainers that have their female clients do rather useless exercises but the ones that give them the best chance of seeing some cleavage and more. Yeah, people can see you looking, its definitely not professional and also rather creepy.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:08 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times
blow drying their balls, etc.[/quote]
ROTFLMAO! Never heard that one. Glad I never saw that!!

Old 07-31-2015, 06:33 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,784 times
Some of you folks sound upset, maybe you need to do some extra sets to work off that tension....
ok...my turn...someone else's sweat that they left on a machine without cleaning it off. It is kind of like pee on a toilet seat and both of those things sometimes I sit on absentmindedly and get someone else's sweat and pee all over me.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:39 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Yeah it is when I am done with it. I do not complain about the guy who left 6 plates loaded in the DL area. I just clean em up to my start weight and go.
You are welcome to your opinion on how to run a gym, but at the gym I belong to, your membership would be a short-lived affair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness