Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2020, 03:08 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,654,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
It's a gym, people sweat and stink. Which, AGAIN FOR THE 11TH TIME, is why you don't sidle up next to someone at the cardio machines unless you have to.

It is an unwritten rule, like with urinals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 03:23 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
It is an unwritten rule, like with urinals.
Like at the doctor's office there are plenty of chairs available in the waiting room and someone sits right next to you.

Old 03-11-2020, 03:27 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,654,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Like at the doctor's office there are plenty of chairs available in the waiting room and someone sits right next to you.

Unless the person is a good looking female and then it is perfectly appropriate.

Old 03-11-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Unless the person is a good looking female and then it is perfectly appropriate.
Can’t argue with that

Old 03-12-2020, 07:43 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
Quote:
Which never happens outside of X-rated movies.

Old 03-12-2020, 01:40 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,662,130 times
We have 2-3 people that annoy the crap out of us in the mornings while we are trying to do our workout.

There's a couple at our gym that likes to roll their yoga mats out between the weight benches and the dumbbell racks and do their stretches and their body weight workouts. There is literally a 20x20 room dedicated to just that upstairs. Instead they block all of the folks who are trying to get to the weights. We had to carry our curl bar and dumbbells over to the tricep stations this morning because we couldn't do our sets where they are intended to be done.... has happened a handful of times. Quite annoying when we are trying to do supersets. One guy did his e-z bar curls over the top of them. He apologized up front and told them if he dropped his weight on them it was an accident. They didn't seem to care.

Last week a guy hovered around us while we were doing cable presses. I would do a set and then switch with my partner. He would do a set and we would switch again. We had 4 sets each. At set 3 as soon as I got up the guy sat down and started using the machine. We were nice enough to let him finish his set, but after that he decided to sit at the machine and play on social media on his phone. We finally had to tell him to move so that we could finish up.

Old 03-12-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
We have 2-3 people that annoy the crap out of us in the mornings while we are trying to do our workout.

There's a couple at our gym that likes to roll their yoga mats out between the weight benches and the dumbbell racks and do their stretches and their body weight workouts. There is literally a 20x20 room dedicated to just that upstairs. Instead they block all of the folks who are trying to get to the weights. We had to carry our curl bar and dumbbells over to the tricep stations this morning because we couldn't do our sets where they are intended to be done.... has happened a handful of times. Quite annoying when we are trying to do supersets. One guy did his e-z bar curls over the top of them. He apologized up front and told them if he dropped his weight on them it was an accident. They didn't seem to care.

Last week a guy hovered around us while we were doing cable presses. I would do a set and then switch with my partner. He would do a set and we would switch again. We had 4 sets each. At set 3 as soon as I got up the guy sat down and started using the machine. We were nice enough to let him finish his set, but after that he decided to sit at the machine and play on social media on his phone. We finally had to tell him to move so that we could finish up.
You have a lot more patience than me. I have to take my hat off to you.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:36 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Quote:
Or a hot 21 year old man

Old 03-13-2020, 10:37 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post

Thats when you tell them to move. It isn't hard

Old 03-17-2020, 01:51 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,662,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Thats when you tell them to move. It isn't hard
Everyone knows everyone in the community where this gym is (either directly or indirectly) and you never know when you **** off someone that you may cross in our industry later. I did notice this morning after they got off the ellipticals that they went into the room dedicated to what they were doing so I guess they took the hint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness