Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 07:20 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times

Advertisements

Nice job Jerry!!! It's so funny, no-one ever smiles in their day 1 pics. In fact I look like I've just had really bad news in mine!

You look great, congrats on sticking with it!! We're almost through week1 of phase 3. We're plugging away!! I don't think my results are going to be anywhere near as good as yours though - I'm having to really fight for every lb lost. Still it's coming slowly but surely.

Did you stick to the food plan? I've become slightly obsessed with 'my levels'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 09:21 AM

540 posts, read 1,910,746 times
Funny, I took my Before picture last week and didn't smile either. I think it's because we are unhappy with how we look which is why we are doing P90X. I hope to be smiling in my After photo picture though! I keep plugging away each day, obsessed with my intake numbers also. Good luck and keep Bringing it! And Jerry, AWESOME job!!! Your hard work inspires me!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:50 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,851 times
Awesome job, Jerry!

I started my P90X program on Sunday. I just finished day 6, tomorrow's my stretch/rest day - thank god!! I hobbled around work the day after Plyometrics but it felt great. Probably one of the hardest workouts I've ever done.

I hopped on the scale this morning for curiousity sake and was down 8 lbs. I feel great and I am super-motivated to continue! I always ate 5-6 meals/day so the diet for me isn't a problem. It may be later when I need to add more calories/carbs. It's always a mental problem when I'm dieting; thinking more calories is very bad!

I've been making protein shakes for breakfast but haven't ordered the recovery formula yet. Has anyone used it?

Old 03-14-2009, 08:31 AM

RedSoxFan; congrats on completing week 1! I definitely recommend checking out the P90X forums for more specific advice.
8 lbs seems like an awful lot to have lost in one week. I'm not an expert, but from what I can tell you want to be aiming for 1 or 2lbs of weight loss per week. Especially as you should be adding a lot of muscle doing P90X.

We use the recovery drink - but not the one they sell, it's EXPENSIVE!! We got a recipe from the Nutrition Fanatics thread I posted a link to before.
It's 12oz water, 1 teaspoon orange Tang powder, 1 scoop Gatorade powder and 1 tablespoon powdered milk.

Cheaper and works just as well.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:48 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,851 times
Thanks for the money-saver!! I'm going to try it.

When I diet, I typically lose 6-8 lbs in the first week and then level off to about 1-3 especially due to gaining muscles mass.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:19 AM

I just started week 3 on Saturday. I'm down 4 lbs. since starting, but I don't have a lot of extra baggage to lose, so I'm more hoping for the toned or ripped look by the end of the 90 days. I keep bringing it each day. I can feel my body wanting more to eat lately like my metabolism is working correctly. I eat about 6 times during the day, no big meals, just something simple.
I'm still skeptical about P90X but becoming more convinced as each week progresses. If I don't achieve the results in 90 days, I've already have in my mind that I'll start round 2 shortly thereafter. Even if I ge the results, I like the mix of workouts and I feel as if I have a personal trainer in my home without paying big bucks to join a gym plus have a personal trainer. I love P90X!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
I just started week 3 on Saturday. I'm down 4 lbs. since starting, but I don't have a lot of extra baggage to lose, so I'm more hoping for the toned or ripped look by the end of the 90 days. I keep bringing it each day. I can feel my body wanting more to eat lately like my metabolism is working correctly. I eat about 6 times during the day, no big meals, just something simple.
I'm still skeptical about P90X but becoming more convinced as each week progresses. If I don't achieve the results in 90 days, I've already have in my mind that I'll start round 2 shortly thereafter. Even if I ge the results, I like the mix of workouts and I feel as if I have a personal trainer in my home without paying big bucks to join a gym plus have a personal trainer. I love P90X!
WyattE - what part of P90X are you skeptical about?? Just interested to hear? Also remember you can't expect to get full results unless you're following the nutrition plan - are you? Eating 5 to 6 times a day is spot on what they want you to do, but I'm suspicious about the 'something simple'. Most people really struggle to get the nutrition plan right for the first few weeks, so either you are already pretty advanced with nutrition which is great, or you're not following it. Just wondering which?? You know that the nutrition plan changes significantly every 30 days right?
It sounds like you're doing great, so I hope you see the results you're looking for. Sometimes I can't see much of a change in the mirror, but I go back and look at my 30 to 60 day pics and there really is a big difference even though I still have a long way to go!
We're starting week 3 of phase 3. In fact I need to stop typing and jump into Chest & Back. See ya later!

Old 03-16-2009, 10:19 AM

I'm skeptical on the getting ripped part. I mean you see people's before and after photos, some to me, seem like they are unbelievable, but I'm the type who has to have it happen to, in order to become a firm believer, so come my 90 day time, I "hope" to also be ripped but if I don't then I'll be doing a round 2 soon after. I already feel I have a handle on the nutrional pat, so to me, I feel it is pretty simple to follow but to those who are drastically changing their eating habits to flow with P90X, that is a challenge in itself. Even I find myself very tempted with the food in the house since I have kids. Or even at birthday parties. Nutrition will always be a battle for most people I assume.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
I'm skeptical on the getting ripped part. I mean you see people's before and after photos, some to me, seem like they are unbelievable, but I'm the type who has to have it happen to, in order to become a firm believer, so come my 90 day time, I "hope" to also be ripped but if I don't then I'll be doing a round 2 soon after. I already feel I have a handle on the nutrional pat, so to me, I feel it is pretty simple to follow but to those who are drastically changing their eating habits to flow with P90X, that is a challenge in itself. Even I find myself very tempted with the food in the house since I have kids. Or even at birthday parties. Nutrition will always be a battle for most people I assume.
Gottcha. I'm one of the ones who changed habits a lot, so it was tough. Especially the high protein phase 1. I really struggled with that until I bought some protein powder which helped so much. I just couldn't seem to get in enough protein without it.

I will say that I think the people who look totally transformed in 90 days tend to be those who are already semi fit, and don't have much weight to lose. I for example, will not looked ripped at the end of 90 days. In fact looking 'ripped' is not my goal. You have to get pretty low on fat % to look ripped and I prefer a softer look for myself.

A lot of the people who look crazy ripped have done a couple of rounds from what I can tell from the 'real people' forum boards. Have you seen Swarm?? He was a BIG guy, and now the change is just unbelievable. Take a look. He's totally my inspiration. There are a lot of people like him, but more who started looking good and now look amazing.

I'll be interested to hear how you do - good luck and keep bringing it!!

EDIT: Here is a link to pics of Swarm. I think he's been at P90X for over a year, but he had a long way to go. The guy's a machine! http://forums.teambeachbody.com/grou...091065911/p/16

Old 03-16-2009, 10:58 AM

Holy Cow, what a transformation! That is awesome! Very inspirational I must say.
I think I would consider myself semi fit, so i'm hoping for the more tone/muscle look in the long run. I'll keep bringing it each day till that happens! You keep up the great job too! I love the sense of accomplishment and P90X has helped me tremendously in every way. My advice to others who are considering, forget those gym fees, or heavy duty training machines and invest in P90X! A whole lot cheaper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness