Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with getting naked in a locker room
Yes 72 60.00%
No 48 40.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 08:31 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,232,871 times

Advertisements

For me the issue isn't the naked. It's having people watch me wriggle my jiggles into my tight lap swimming suit. Wouldn't mind at all if it was a regular leisure swim suit, but lap suits are tight, and getting into them isn't pretty.

Also, it's cold. I use a towel because the air conditioning is cold. Especially coming back from the pool when I'm all wet. And again it's not that I care what other people see. It's that I don't like being cold, and being cold after my nice enjoyable swim ruins it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2022, 09:33 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Scandinavian, so - don't much care. Not making a production of it, but when the situation makes for it, being disrobed really doesn't faze me. Of course I also endeavor to not make other people uncomfortable.

Read the room.

Old 12-21-2022, 10:43 PM

17,571 posts, read 13,344,160 times
I have nothing that everyone else in the locker room hasn't seen before

Old 12-21-2022, 11:31 PM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
No.

Locker rooms are disgusting, even the expensive ones.

Old 12-22-2022, 12:00 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm just curious to expand on the question a bit.. If you answered Yes to the above.. Follow up questions

1) Would you have a problem going to, or would you consider, or have you ever been to a nude beach/nudist resort? Pick how/what you want to answer here. Just cover the basics of that question. For women, if any are reading this, if it was a topless beach?

For me.. The answer would be.. Probably not. never been. If I went to one, I think I would and I don't think i'd be uncomfortable.. The bigger problem I'd have with it would be.. I'm ginger. I burst into flame in the sun. Burning of.. Sensitive areas would be MUCH more of a concern for me than anything. I don't even go to NORMAL beaches because of that. I'm not going to go out of my way to go to one regardless.. But.. If somehow I found myself invited or at one somehow.. Yeah, I'd be OK with it. I'7ll admit that there's a curiosity factor in play here for me. Perhaps a very low down bucket list item.. Just to say i've done it. But, if I never do. Not gonna feel like my life is incomplete.

2) Would you ever consider doing something like the Philly Naked Bike Ride? Where people ride bikes through downtown Philly naked?

This one.. I don't think so. I mean, a nude beach where.. Hey.. It's called a nude beach.. That's what you're expected to do there. If i'm going there.. I wouldn't have a problem with it. But... Riding a bike down the streets of a city.. Yeah.. Not so much. Even though, yes, it's called a naked bike ride. it's expected there.. But.. It's different. Somehow. Don't ask me to fully explain that. But this would be a no for me.

I'm SURE there's a hell of a lot of psychoanalyzing that could happen with the above answers. But.. Eh. whatever.
No desire to do the naked bike ride, but as a surfer close to a nude beach, I did try naked surfing (briefly) a few times during a heatwave which was fun back in the day as a single guy. The main thing that bothered me were the creepers/cruisers that would blatantly congregate way too close around the few co-ed couples down there...making them very uncomfortable. Would be a lot of fun taking a girlfriend down there, but I'd get too pissed at any leering creepers not practicing etiquette/distancing and may have to throw down with them in the nude!

Last edited by Fisherman99; 12-22-2022 at 12:10 AM..

Old 12-22-2022, 03:05 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
In circumstances where it requires a change of clothes, its not a choice really. I tend to be modest by nature. So to wander around with my birthday suit (that probably should get ironed out *wink*) isn't in my comfort zone. Tend to use the tactic of the good ole days where sometimes on family trips my mom would toss some clothes back to us and say- change in the car we have a dinner to get too! It was usually after we had a ball game to attend or some sports event where she expected us to still dress proper for dinners at relatives. Kinda wiggle off the ole attire and quickly put on the fresh garments. Some chap I dated laughed once when he said: You dress quicker then a fireman going to a 911 call! (HA!)

Old 12-22-2022, 03:49 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
.........But.. The 80's really seems to be the turning point. Before that.. People seem to think it's no big deal. Afterwards.. Nope, not gonna happen.. And.. I can only think of the "Stranger Danger" thing being a part of that. People thinking there's a molester around every corner and hammering to their kids that noone should see them naked.

would also explain why there.. Certainly seems to be a break point between those who don't think it's any kind of big deal at all.. And those that are just.. Completely opposed/terrified/against it.
But.....it can go both ways, what I said earlier about the FCS and striking in attack before grabbing my clothes. Don't let your nudity be their weapon they can use against you.

Old 12-22-2022, 09:13 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
But.....it can go both ways, what I said earlier about the FCS and striking in attack before grabbing my clothes. Don't let your nudity be their weapon they can use against you.
How often have you gone to battle naked?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-22-2022, 10:21 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
How often have you gone to battle naked?
Say a guy walks into the ladies room with the intent to do one harm? Is one going to grab something to cover their nudity or immediately strike? That's what we are talking about here.

Old 12-22-2022, 10:37 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Say a guy walks into the ladies room with the intent to do one harm? Is one going to grab something to cover their nudity or immediately strike? That's what we are talking about here.
How often has this occurred in your life? How many times have you fought naked?

And no, the thread is about whether you are okay being naked in the locker rooms, not naked battle.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness