Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with getting naked in a locker room
Yes 72 60.00%
No 48 40.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2022, 11:04 AM

735 posts, read 407,850 times

Advertisements

Mikala43, are you okay? Your post is very rude. Chill out
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2022, 11:27 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,348,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Say a guy walks into the ladies room with the intent to do one harm? Is one going to grab something to cover their nudity or immediately strike? That's what we are talking about here.
I agree wholeheartedly here. In fact, I sleep with my combat boots, fatigues and loaded assault rifle in my bed in case someone breaks into my house. Can't be caught naked now, can we???

Old 12-22-2022, 12:09 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,327,268 times
A point tp ponder:

In the film Carrie, a very ypomg woman (Cissy Spacek) has to deal with her menstrual cycle, presumably for the first time, in an after-Phys Ed shower, and is taunted mercilessly by her fickle classmates.

In contrast, in Kansas City Bombrr. the veteran (Raquel Welch) and the newcomer (Jodie Foster??) form a (platonic) bond while naked in an otherwise-deserted after-practice "open" shower.

I suspet this is how most of us, male or female, handle the issue of exposure. During my own awkward junior high years, I was fortunate to bond with another boy who was handling the issues well (and he had the looks that turned the girls' heads). We shared a lot of experiences, such as that first "legal" beer in a blue-collar bar after we'd both turned 21. Unfortunately, he was to meet his death in a freak accident (carbon monoxide poisoning) a few weeks later.

"Rookie" (his real nickname) -- you are not forgotten.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-22-2022 at 01:25 PM..

Old 12-22-2022, 01:06 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What do you all have to hide, a small ...?

I say yes. I don't care. I am not putting myself on display and walk around other than from locker to shower but I am also not hiding. I put my clothes on/off like a normal person.
it works both ways.

Old 12-22-2022, 03:48 PM

27,169 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Yet more evidence in this thread that America is hurtling backward socially to Victorian times.

Old 12-23-2022, 10:10 AM

3,759 posts, read 5,854,815 times
I shower at my Planet Fitness as I don't like going back to my car with sweat and soiling my leather seats. I was used to getting naked and going to the showers starting in 5th grade for PE. And if you didn't shower, you got swatted. That would never happen again with all the snowflakes and helicopter parents. I also lived in a dorm where showers were shared.

When I shower, I strip down, take my towel in my hand and go to the shower which is about 8 steps away. I shower, and then walk back , towel in hand or still drying and then put my clothes on. I do NOT make a loop around the whole locker area or stand in front of the mirror and shave or primp. My gym is not that friendly so I am not standing there chatting naked either. If someone has a problem with my routine, it is their problem. Until the management tells me otherwise, I will continue to do the above procedure.

I have gone to clothing optional hot springs and I enjoyed being nude with others . It was a non sexual environment and it was very interesting to be naked with all kinds of people, scientists, nurses, truck drivers, young gangster types. We are all equal when nude.

Last edited by Rogarven; 12-23-2022 at 11:09 AM..

Old 12-23-2022, 10:22 AM

6,850 posts, read 4,850,706 times
At my gym....Mostly naked women sitting or laying on towels in the dry sauna and steam rooms. The showers are enclosed with shower curtains. (I have used a gym with just a row of showers, no dividers.) Some women dry off behind the shower curtains, some dry off as they walk to the lockers. A very few wear robes. Most have towels wrapped around while getting clothes from lockers Some get dressed then blow dry hair, some put on underwear and then dry hair. It varies widely. I suppose some women may be uncomfortable, but there is a lot of conversation and laughing going on. If it's morning a lot of people are in a hurry to get dressed and get to work.

Old 12-23-2022, 10:35 AM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,249 times
I have no problem getting naked and I do not care who sees me, do not care who I see, Locker room, nude beach, wherever ...

Old 12-23-2022, 12:43 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,575,394 times
The place I go charges a ridiculous fee to actually lock a locker. Unless I am willing to pay this fee, my clothes will be in a place that is not "secure". I just have to trust people to not take my stuff. So I just leave most of my stuff in the locker, unlocked, then keep one set of clean clothes with me (in a bag) but outside the shower to keep them dry, and the dirty clothes are placed nearby before stepping into the shower. I will thus be nude when stepping into or out of the shower, or when drying off with a towel, but not for a long walk between the shower and locker. At some point I have to trust people to not take snapshots or steal my clothes.

Old 12-25-2022, 07:35 AM

3,687 posts, read 2,408,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by End Game View Post
Seems like a lot of people are too uncomfortable with being seen naked
Seems like a lot of people posting on the other thread....it is for me....interesting.

I'd never heard of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness