Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 03:59 PM

1,651 posts, read 867,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
You have no idea what I did for my diet. 1200 to 1300 calories a day and still getting 160gm of protein. I kept a spreadsheet on all my macros everyday and my carbs were low.
I think genetics do play a part in how much your abs show. When I lost the weight I noticed more veins showing. I still have The vasculararity showing today, but no abs.
All my friends teased me for bringing a bottle of zero calorie dressing and canned tuna fish when we went out to eat and they all had burgers and beer.
Have you tried working the abs directly to make them bigger? Leg raises, reverse crunches, weighted sit ups, Russian twist, etc. can work wonders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2023, 06:17 PM

2,395 posts, read 1,069,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by run forest run View Post
Plenty of men are ripped without spending a single day in the gym or even really trying to eat healthily. Low body fat just comes naturally for some people due to genetics.
Correct.

I remember working years ago with a black guy from Jamaica who was incredibly ripped....
never worked out....he won the genetic lottery....last name Jackson....his nickname was "Action Jackson",
after a hit movie of that time (1988).

I also was in a rock band with two brothers who also never worked out and were big built,
kick sand in your face dudes, I once got po'd with one of the brothers .....he quickly put me in
wrestling "helicopter spin" over his head....amazing natural strength....and both had six packs and
were over 200 lbs.....I would have to live in the gym 8 hours a day and still not be where those dudes
were are naturally.....hey, life ain't always fair...

Old 06-27-2023, 10:18 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
What is your height? Wow you really did a good job on protein with low calories.
5 ft 5 inches.

Old 06-27-2023, 10:20 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
Have you tried working the abs directly to make them bigger? Leg raises, reverse crunches, weighted sit ups, Russian twist, etc. can work wonders.
It’s not the size of them, it’s the fat layer over them. You can’t spot reduce unfortunately.

Old 06-27-2023, 12:00 PM

779 posts, read 506,813 times
Oh, yeah, especially if they're tall, blond, and chilled just right!

Old 06-27-2023, 07:28 PM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Alec Baldwin, Kevin Costner, Tom Selleck, John F. Kennedy jr., Sean Connery, a few men that once rocked the toned but hair chest. I much prefer a little hair to too smooth.

Old 06-27-2023, 07:30 PM

1,555 posts, read 780,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Alec Baldwin, Kevin Costner, Tom Selleck, John F. Kennedy jr., Sean Connery, a few men that once rocked the toned but hair chest. I much prefer a little hair to too smooth.
What about a rug chest?

Old 06-28-2023, 05:53 AM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
What about a rug chest?
Well, there can be too much of a good thing.

Old 06-29-2023, 06:48 PM

1,555 posts, read 780,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Well, there can be too much of a good thing.
Too much not good?

Old 07-02-2023, 02:08 PM

779 posts, read 506,813 times
How'd we get on to chest hair? Doesn't matter, here's my $0.02. I'm brown haired and blue eyed. I have some chest coverage, not too much, not to little. As some of you may know, I was stationed on an Army tugboat in Thailand during the 'Nam era. I had my share of interaction with the local ladies, and all of them, each one, liked my chest hair. They loved to run their fingers through it. Thai people have very little body hair, so it was unusual to them. One of my bud's tilok, that is, his live-in girlfriend, used to bemoan his lack of chest hair. My own tilok also loved it. When we're at our hooch in the vill, we're shirtless most of the time. I've even been told by past girlfriends that I have just the right amount, and my wife loves it, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness