Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 06:05 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think men naturally have bigger, more pronounced veins. My husband has veins in his hands and forearms ... nurses love him when they need to draw blood. But some athetes are extra veiny, with veins sticking out of their shoulders and pecs and stuff. I don’t like it.
Like I said, any man with almost any kind of muscles has them. Lean, muscular bodies have side effects. That's one of them. At least they don't have to prick us twenty times. My nurses are overjoyed they got an easy one for a change. You also don't hear them complaining about getting your weight under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Tell me about it.
Grow up guys. It's not the rest of our faults you don't pack the gear to compete in manhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 06:58 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
That Ronnie guy on page 3--what percent body fat do you think he had there? Will most any guy at that body fat percentage be that veiny, or is it a result of being so muscular?

Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 PM

3,042 posts, read 5,002,336 times
*Nobody* walks around at that level of body fat. It is incredibly demanding to be that lean and those smiles? Fake. They are so miserable at that point: starving, dehydrated, etc. People not in competition have no reason to be that lean and never will be.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
That Ronnie guy on page 3--what percent body fat do you think he had there? Will most any guy at that body fat percentage be that veiny, or is it a result of being so muscular?
Ha, very-very little. Most guys like me are just in the forearms and wrists or hands. When you have it in the shoulder you have to be like him. For the record I can put 375 up once. Only once, that's all I can do. lol Repetition at that amount takes hard work. And yeah, you would get veins really popping if you could do a set of twenty of those.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:57 PM

To take those pics, do bodybuilders lift a few first? I know muscles pop a bit after weightlifting; I tend to grope the manliness after my husband does his bench presses.

I don’t know any bodybuilders so I don't know. I've seen some televised contests where they pose and stuff. Is everybody in the back, pumping iron so their muscles pop?

Old 02-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
To take those pics, do bodybuilders lift a few first? I know muscles pop a bit after weightlifting; I tend to grope the manliness after my husband does his bench presses.

I don’t know any bodybuilders so I don't know. I've seen some televised contests where they pose and stuff. Is everybody in the back, pumping iron so their muscles pop?
I would certainly guess. Not to mention grunting and flexing in front of the mirror first! lol

Old 02-04-2011, 08:02 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times
I love this look. I'm trying to get these veins on my neck. The cold forces me to hide my bulgy bad boys on my pythons with a jacket. If I get on my neck, even a turtle sweater can't hide them. Once I get those, I wanna get them on my jawbone. Some dudes grow a thin beard to make their jawbone appear stronger...I want veins!

Old 02-04-2011, 08:06 PM

On your jaw?!

Old 02-04-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I love this look. I'm trying to get these veins on my neck. The cold forces me to hide my bulgy bad boys on my pythons with a jacket. If I get on my neck, even a turtle sweater can't hide them. Once I get those, I wanna get them on my jawbone. Some dudes grow a thin beard to make their jawbone appear stronger...I want veins!
I don't want that! lol I just don't want to be a p*ssy when it comes my turn to move something really heavy! lol Three of us moved a large vault a few weeks ago. It went about 1200. It was enough to crack the linoleum where the dolly wheel rolled.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:23 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Then you're one of those uninformed people who thinks you can't obtain one of those physiques without steroids.

Sorry to be so blunt about, but that kind of logic is extremely flawed. It ranks right up there with people who think every guy who drives a nice car is compensating for a small dick. I'm not saying it's the case here, but those type of attitudes are usually born out of jealousy.

Ones who compete in body building.
Since I'm a proud owner of a vagina, I'm going to go out on a limb and say "not jealous".

I'm not uninformed. I simply stated what *my* experience was in *my* life with the people *I* know who are serious athletes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty