Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:42 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
LOL I actually thought it'd be a Jezebel article. Not that they're that bad, but it was that sort of title...

But yeah, I do agree that too much attention is paid to women's looks at the expense at everything else, and this is perpetuated by both men and women. Consumerism just drives that.
You're right, it's precisely the sort of rah-rah crap you'd read on Jezebel (well, I wouldn't, but you know what mean.)

Ladies, go ahead and be uggs. UrbanAdenturer gives you permission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 07:44 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
People ar sold things on looks ,it's a fact. Manufacturers know this, How much do women spend on a purse ? $100.s How much does a guy spend on a wallet ? $ 20.$30. Looks and performance is what sells te stuff that doesn't have the look or persormance does not sell. Secondly men like to see what they have invested in maintain their look and performance , when this deterriorates another model is already in view, better looking and better performing. Women do the same thing but their opinions depend on what other women think ,many cannot think for them selves. It's cultured. Men tend to think logicly , women tend to think emotionally. If women want to better them selves ,they would leave other womens views out of their thinking and learn to think for them self, and find out who they are as a person , and if connnected to a man learn to identify with her man. Other women are not your life he is your life . Draging other women's thinking into a relationship just creates more trouble . you are not married to them, you are married to Him. What a woman is on the inside shows on the out side in real life , I've seen pretty photos but the person is distasteful after meeting them, a real thespean. I know some very beautiful women that at first glance are not that attractive, but once you get to know they are very attractive and distracting, people you want to spend time with. Then there are those that are both distasteful in view and in person . These likely angry at being set aside, and fed up with trying. Kind of a self fulfiling prophicy you know he is going to reject you, so a plastic smile is applied which he sees is plastic and moves on. If he does show an ounce of interest you suspect it's not genuine . So busy in a fantasy world mapping out what he is going to do , rather than simply being business like and dealing with the obvious. Most men do not spend hours speculating what "she is thinking " It never pays off any way. What she says she is thinking is all he has to go by. If your looking for a man perminantly let him see you for who you realy are all the time. After all , if you went to buy a corvett and as you left the parking lot the cover fell off and you found you self in a VW you'd be seriously dissapointed right? The best of women are those that improve as they age not get worse. How excited would you be if the VW you bought, turned out being a corvett ?
Jesus Tapdancing Christ, what's its gonna take to get you to hit the "enter" button now and again?

Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Except that it took a little longer for the white knight to show up
So the fact I might agree with a woman once in a while makes me a "white knight?"

I tell it like I think it is. If you don't like it, kiss my "white knight" ass.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:09 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
It doesn't matter. You will never have the right to control what other irrational creatures driven by emotional garbage think.

People will always judge. It makes them feel powerful even when they themselves don't meet general standards. They live in parallel universes where they are exempt but everybody else is up for evaluation.

If you have the looks then they will say you don't have the brains. If you are smart then they will say you have "issues"

Old 10-31-2013, 03:51 AM

123 posts, read 151,635 times
In my opinion, modern women not only should look pretty but also should be wise. When you are wise enough, you have the ethos of beauty. Things in one's mind always be more important than things on one's face.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:08 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
I see ugly women all the time, and wonder if they are trying to be deliberately ugly. Overweight, they probably cut their own hair, no make up, or jewelry, and they dress like guys. Are they butch gay? Nope, just women who really don't care how they look I guess.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:38 AM

809 posts, read 1,273,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
So the fact I might agree with a woman once in a while makes me a "white knight?"

I tell it like I think it is. If you don't like it, kiss my "white knight" ass.
Dude, you definitely have that soft touch in you. Don't get mad at me for pointing out the obvious

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-too-high.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-approach.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...about-how.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...te-single.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...out-women.html

Old 10-31-2013, 01:22 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,769,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I see ugly women all the time, and wonder if they are trying to be deliberately ugly. Overweight, they probably cut their own hair, no make up, or jewelry, and they dress like guys. Are they butch gay? Nope, just women who really don't care how they look I guess.
Yeppers.......nasty dirty uncombed hair, pajama pants and flip flops with dirty feet........up here they got the green light decades ago.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:44 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,631,521 times
Will men Ever Have the Freedom to be broke?

Old 11-10-2013, 02:17 PM

262 posts, read 547,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Will men Ever Have the Freedom to be broke?

Yes, just don't expect to be loved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty