Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 04:45 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Huh??? Are you drunk? You want an Asian gold digger who wants you for your money and not for you?
You misunderstand. Asian women favor intelligence, personality, and finances not just money.

They could care less what you look like as long as you dress nice and upkeep your appearance somewhat. More americanized asian women are starting to become superficial because are society is rubbing off on them but generally speaking they are the closest to having a genuine relationship with a women.

Women of other races won't even acknowledge an unattractive man regardless unless he makes alot of money.

Also asian women make the most money above all other women of other races in this country. As a culture they are very educated and career orientated which I find extremely sexy. They come here to be financially independent. They favor those attributes in a man because they believe thats what makes a man an alpha male not because he can take care of her. You do have some gold diggers but thats in every race.

I would rather have a women who respects and love me for my intelligence, struggle, achievements, status, mind and who I am vs my chest, arms, face and butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 04:47 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Never said I wanted to be taller. I just said that's usually a deal breaker for women. However, I think being taller will only help my dating prospects, not hurt it.
This! A 5"3"" man oh no ! You better be rolling in dough to attract women. Try wearing lifts & long pants. But then again I expect a man's manhood to be as long as 5""3""

So for me that would be a no no! Unless of course you were banking then it doesn't matter!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:07 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
This! A 5"3"" man oh no ! You better be rolling in dough to attract women. Try wearing lifts & long pants. But then again I expect a man's manhood to be as long as 5""3""

So for me that would be a no no! Unless of course you were banking then it doesn't matter!
I'm not. That's why I gave up. Doesn't seem as important to me anymore.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:17 PM

27 posts, read 67,721 times
I didn't read all those pages but from being overweight 90% of my life, I can tell you first hand that being overweight automatically makes you unattractive to men if your a woman. Men are just wired to be attracted to women who are in shape or close to it, its a sign of health and ability to bare children. That's just the way it is and the media has played on what has been true for almost ever.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:28 PM

231 posts, read 390,888 times
Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

I was born to a father of great genius and a mother of stunning beauty, and I inherited neither trait from them.

The very first thing I notice about someone is their voice, smile and eyes. Not sure what beauty is supposed to look like, but know that great beauty comes from someone's heart, integrity and character.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMe1018 View Post
I didn't read all those pages but from being overweight 90% of my life, I can tell you first hand that being overweight automatically makes you unattractive to men if your a woman. Men are just wired to be attracted to women who are in shape or close to it, its a sign of health and ability to bare children. That's just the way it is and the media has played on what has been true for almost ever.
You know what's ironic? Many overweight women love to complain about how they're overlooked for slimmer women, but they usually do the same to us short men. I'm actually attracted to thicker/bigger women (yeah, I'm black lol), but I still have a hard time even with them. I guess I don't matter. Look at my post #135, and you'll see what I went through with one of the, arguably, least attractive type of woman in our society just last month. The girl in that story, "Want(ed) a bigger guy to make me(her) feel feminine." Yeah, she said that to my face.

I'm sure most overweight women could at least get with average to below average guys without a problem. Believe me, many guys are full of BS and are trying to look cool when they say "no fatties" or some nonsense like that. From what I hear about online dating, these guys are writing just about everyone: small women, big women, tall women: as most men who don't fit the "alpha" mode are desperate. However, I'm sure plenty of bigger women are just upset that they're overlooked by the Channing Tatum/Johnny Depp/insert any other highly attractive celebrity.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:21 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
I can see how the attitudes of the "beautiful people" cliques can rampantly breed cynicism for folks. It took me a while to realize that they are a pretty small segment of things. The types that what matters most is model looks, money, social status etc, are hard to swallow, and they are the ones that receive the lions share of attention in media and such, leading people to believe their standards are what needs to be strived for.

Truth be known, there are far more VERY attractive men and women who don't buy into that nonsense than gets let on. One just needs to dig a bit, and not make judgements on appearances alone. Any more than you wish to be judged thus.

I have been very close to a woman for about the last ten years. We were friends, became more, and are now close friends. She is an attorney, and quite a prominent one. Gorgeous in every way. Her manner of public dress and her demeanor is what one would expect from such a person, in public.

However, that ain't the REAL her. She is a simple country gal at heart. Prefers her threadbare jeans and a t shirt to a snappy suit. & would rather pull her beautiful hair into a pony tail and throw on a ball cap to spe ding hours styling it. Getting muddy on the river bank is a favorite pastime and conversation is not about fashionable trendy societal stuff. It's fire ip the BBQ and snuggle on the pation talking fishin'.

LMAO, and there are more of her than one might think. My current relationship even likes her and she and I have spent social time with her and her current intimate man. Who is not Brad Pitt any more than me. My lady, who is the love of my life is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I am the luckiest homely guy on Earth.

Verily, the TRUE "beautiful people" are not found in swanky hangouts or snooty social gatherings where they serve rubber beef at $220 a plate and everyone is wearing Armani and Prada and would not be seen in public with less than a solid ten on looks accompanying them. The ladder is a pretty small and inbred herd. They just get seen on TV a bunch. Ha! Yep, I have concluded that lifes to short to worry about what some snooty bunch of animated manaquines with the depth of character of a bag of hammers thinks of me or anyone else, for that matter. Just tain't worth the effort. True beauty is a combination of many things that coalesce like a supernova when you learn to actually see it.

Last edited by NVplumber; 11-22-2013 at 06:43 PM..

Old 11-22-2013, 07:51 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
I gave up because, for me, it's a waste of time. Tired of the headaches and money wasted for dates. I've been on more dates (meeting through online) where women gave me disapproving looks (you know, that 'Ewww' kind of look) upon meeting rather than a successful one. It's not easy meeting anyone offline either. I'm short, black (race is an important factor in NYC) and am a blue-collar worker. That's 3 strikes in the dating world around here.
You need to go out the the nightclubs.

Suprised you are saying this,as I'm way more successful dating in Nyc than anywhere.
The men seem more forgiving in Nyc. I think it also depends on the Boro you are in.
I'm a woman,so maybe things are different.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You need to go out the the nightclubs.

Suprised you are saying this,as I'm way more successful dating in Nyc than anywhere.
The men seem more forgiving in Nyc. I think it also depends on the Boro you are in.
I'm a woman,so maybe things are different.
LOL I'm a short (5'3") black man. Things are VERY different between us. I'm virtually ignored in the clubs/bars.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:53 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
You do realize that dentistry, especially cosmetic dentistry is extremely expensive.

Your comments disgust me actually. They are far uglier than any human being walking around out there who has to live life tormented by people like you.
extremely, digust, tormented?

your vocabulary is wild and over the top

what better way to invest your money if it isn't in your personal health?

imo health is the best investment anyone can make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty