Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:35 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Because I'm embarrassed for the person who lacks self-esteem that posted them?

I don't get mad at them. I just ignore them. Still, I feel bad that people don't think higher of themselves than to post on the Internet asking a bunch of strangers if they look ok.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
If memory does not fail me you are going into aviation in one form or another. Drama Mama over small change will not fly:>) Learn to live with yourself or you will be miserable for a long time. I have seen them short, fat, tall, lanky, dress horses, Rolex addicts, red/black/brown/white, straight/gay/none, ratty to the point of bum on 200k, bombshell on a leash, happy with a mousy mouse, ... take your pick.

The only person not to receive a second invitation to our rather open home with a decent cook is someone who a) has to share everything he/she hears b) is boring (which ahs nothing to do with being a loner/introvert). Greetings from a tag along of aviation.
This is an excellent point.... if I freaked out at every minor change I'd have had a few mental breakdowns. Hell, I'm writing an entire aviation companies SOP and creating all their forms (per IATA no less) from the ground up and there's no room for melodrama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 02:00 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I would like to honestly know why all the "Rate my looks" threads are hated on this forum. What infuriates you about these threads. I apologize for being stupid and posting a couple of these threads myself.

But why is there extreme anger towards people asking on the internet how they look. Why is Reassurance regarded as a crime which deserves the electric chair on this forum. How, in any way, does it claim that one has low confidence and is insecure. Finally, Why do people assume the most ridiculous things about a persons personality when they post a "rate my looks" thread.

Be honest with all of your responses. I want to know.
I have no problem with rate my looks threads. I always promise to be 100% honest with my feedback.

sometimes I get really curious about what the people who rate others look like. I always assume the average person here is a 300 pound beast, so when they give that other girl a 6/10 I wonder what they give themselves. (6/10 doesn't have to be so bad depending on the scale you put together in your own head but im sure nobody wants to hear they are a 6.)

Old 01-10-2014, 02:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I have no problem with rate my looks threads. I always promise to be 100% honest with my feedback.

sometimes I get really curious about what the people who rate others look like. I always assume the average person here is a 300 pound beast, so when they give that other girl a 6/10 I wonder what they give themselves. (6/10 doesn't have to be so bad depending on the scale you put together in your own head but im sure nobody wants to hear they are a 6.)
I'd LOVE to be a 6. I've done the 'rate my pic' threads on other sites and usually come up a 3 or 4. A 6? Sign me up!

Old 01-10-2014, 02:35 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You are one of the most melodramatic posters I've ever encountered on here... and that's saying a lot since I mostly post on P&OC and Relationships
Over reacting describes me better. I have always been that way, but have never had a "meltdown" in spite of some stressful situations. When things get difficult, I just refreshed my mind through meditation, put the past horrors behind my back, and moved on. Some people over react more than others, and I am one of them. Accepted the fact and did what works best to avoid panic when things go bad.

And here is a skill I have developed as a New Yorker:

"When small disruptions happen, we whine. When large disruptions happen, we gang up, don't panic, and tough it through "

So true for several instances in my life.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 01-10-2014 at 02:44 PM..

Old 01-10-2014, 02:49 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
I would like to honestly know why all the "Rate my looks" threads are hated on this forum. What infuriates you about these threads. I apologize for being stupid and posting a couple of these threads myself.

But why is there extreme anger towards people asking on the internet how they look. Why is Reassurance regarded as a crime which deserves the electric chair on this forum. How, in any way, does it claim that one has low confidence and is insecure. Finally, Why do people assume the most ridiculous things about a persons personality when they post a "rate my looks" thread.

Be honest with all of your responses. I want to know.
I'd consider that their problem, not the one asking the question...No one has to participate on a thread if they don't want to.
Don't let negative people get to you...but be aware that when you ask in a forum, you're bound to get some negative responses from some angry people.
There's nothing wrong with asking others opinions in a forum...about anything

Old 01-10-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Over reacting describes me better. I have always been that way, but have never had a "meltdown" in spite of some stressful situations. When things get difficult, I just refreshed my mind through meditation, put the past horrors behind my back, and moved on. Some people over react more than others, and I am one of them. Accepted the fact and did what works best to avoid panic when things go bad.

And here is a skill I have developed as a New Yorker:

"When small disruptions happen, we whine. When large disruptions happen, we gang up, don't panic, and tough it through "

So true for several instances in my life.
you are a new Yorker?

Im trying to assign a character to picture you as. im thinking the indian guy on big bang theory.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'd LOVE to be a 6. I've done the 'rate my pic' threads on other sites and usually come up a 3 or 4. A 6? Sign me up!
well, even if you are a 3 or 4, the little saying under your username ensures that there will always be someone happy to bang you.

a long time ago I put a picture on hotornot.com. I think the last time I tried to log in it didn't work anymore. now that im a geezer id be a little nervous about doing that again.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:56 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
Im trying to assign a character to picture you as. im thinking the indian guy on big bang theory.
Oh dude not again. Raj does not know a** about football, while I am a football addict. I am a sincere Pats fan .

Pats better win this weekend . I want them to face off against the "sheriff".

Old 01-10-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Oh dude not again. I am nothing like Raj and don't pi** on talking with women. In fact a few of my friends are women. I still keep in contact with them.
does he still not talk to women? not talking to women is a trait that really isn't consistent with his persona. its not really consistent with yours either. id expect you to have female friends.

oh and when you say "oh dude not again" what do you mean? if this kind of thing is something you don't want me to bring up then let me know and i wont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty