Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes, I would 73 43.20%
No, I wouldn't 96 56.80%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:46 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
Then find a woman without any.

Why is this such an issue?

I mean, I'm 'covered' in tattoos and I probably wouldn't want to date someone with your attitude...so there is no chance I'd ever want to be the 'mother of your children'.

So... again, why worry?
I don't worry. But, at some level you have to deal with your decision to cover your body with tattoos. When you did that you cut off a segment of the population. I understand you may not want to date or socialize with this segment of the population, but you have made yourself unavailable to a lot of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 11:48 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I don't worry. But, at some level you have to deal with your decision to cover your body with tattoos. When you did that you cut off a segment of the population. I understand you may not want to date or socialize with this segment of the population, but you have made yourself unavailable to a lot of men.
My goal in life is not to be 'available' to a large swarth of men.

Ever think that some people don't go through life doing things solely to be attractive to the opposite sex?

Old 02-07-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Most men won't date me based on my height or other physical issues I have no control over so really, tattoos aren't a big deal to me.
Yes, but having or not having tattoos is easy to control.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
My goal in life is not to be 'available' to a large swarth of men.

Ever think that some people don't go through life doing things solely to be attractive to the opposite sex?
Sure, I get that.

But, even if you are looking for just a single mate, you may have to do some sampling.

I think it takes a lot of courage to do what you have done because there are real consequences to your actions. And having the tattoos is not the same as being born with a disability or being a discriminated minority.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:53 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,132,333 times
Quote:
Yes, but having or not having tattoos is easy to control.
What exactly is your point? Not everyone leads their life by what would make others happy or what would appeal to the greatest number of people. People get tattoos because they want them. They don't care what others think. Certainly not the masses.

I'm sure some people are turned off by a certain hair color or certain type of make-up. Or a certain fashion sense. Do you think everyone should strive to be the most neutral they possibly can to try and appeal to the largest number of humans?

Old 02-07-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
What exactly is your point? Not everyone leads their life by what would make others happy or what would appeal to the greatest number of people. People get tattoos because they want them. They don't care what others think. Certainly not the masses.

I'm sure some people are turned off by a certain hair color or certain type of make-up. Or a certain fashion sense. Do you think everyone should strive to be the most neutral they possibly can to try and appeal to the largest number of humans?
Excellent points. I cannot come up with a good response. Doing the tattoos is not like taking drugs and as far as i know is not detrimental to your health.

I also want to say that there may be people who say they will never date a tattooed person and they may fall madly in love with a tattooed person.

Why did you feel it was important to cover your body with tattoos? I have read the same old replies of special meaning, a specific point of my life, to honor this, etc. But, to be honest i think they are recycled common answers. There are other reasons for the tattoos and they probably have to do with peer pressure and FOO.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Excellent points. I cannot come up with a good response. Doing the tattoos is not like taking drugs and as far as i know is not detrimental to your health.

I also want to say that there may be people who say they will never date a tattooed person and they may fall madly in love with a tattooed person.

Why did you feel it was important to cover your body with tattoos? I have read the same old replies of special meaning, a specific point of my life, to honor this, etc. But, to be honest i think they are recycled common answers. There are other reasons for the tattoos and they probably have to do with peer pressure and FOO.
So you dismiss any answers given and assign your own answers. What would be the point in telling you anything other than what you have already said the answer to be?

Old 02-07-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
So you dismiss any answers given and assign your own answers. What would be the point in telling you anything other than what you have already said the answer to be?
Only you know the answer.

BTW, talking with someone with tattoos is generally a positive experience and i admire your decision. But, perhaps you are not even sure why you have done this.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Only you know the answer.

BTW, talking with someone with tattoos is generally a positive experience and i admire your decision. But, perhaps you are not even sure why you have done this.
Apparently you know the answer better than I do. You are right. I just blacked out and woke up with tattoos. Ill probably never know why.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Apparently you know the answer better than I do. You are right. I just blacked out and woke up with tattoos. Ill probably never know why.
You may not know why you did the tattoos. We do a lot of things with no clear cut rationalization.

And your decision may have been multifactorial. But, I believe you probably wanted to fit in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty