Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes, I would 73 43.20%
No, I wouldn't 96 56.80%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 01:43 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,130,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You may not know why you did the tattoos. We do a lot of things with no clear cut rationalization.

And your decision may have been multifactorial. But, I believe you probably wanted to fit in.
I knew you already knew the answer. Next time you don't have to waste anyone's time asking the question in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 03:12 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I knew you already knew the answer. Next time you don't have to waste anyone's time asking the question in the first place.
The reason is moot because the tattoos are done. Only you know the answer and that is not certain.

And you are right, it would be wrong to judge others because of tattoos. I wish I could find a cure for that, but sometimes we are victims of out own human condition. The same human condition that made you do the tattoos.

How do you feel about folks that are not into tattoos? Do you hang out with them?

Old 02-07-2014, 04:08 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
The reason is moot because the tattoos are done. Only you know the answer and that is not certain.

And you are right, it would be wrong to judge others because of tattoos. I wish I could find a cure for that, but sometimes we are victims of out own human condition. The same human condition that made you do the tattoos.

How do you feel about folks that are not into tattoos? Do you hang out with them?
Of course, people with tattoos hang out with people who do not have tattoos. How silly.

I think you are wrong, you know. I think that plenty of people know why they got tattoos. I know why I got mine, and it had nothing to do with "fitting in" as I was in my thirties when I got my first one.

I don't doubt that people have gotten tattoos to fit in. Or to stand out. Or because they were bored. Or because they were happy. Or because they were sad. Or because they were feeling adventurous... or any number of reasons, really.

Which is pretty much the same for most other stuff. You could apply that to "why did you get married?" LOL.

Sure... you say you're in love, but let's face it, you can be in love and not get married. Soo... why else? You wanted to spend the rest of your life with a person?

And... what if you want to spend the rest of your life with a flower tattooed on your shoulder? There ya go!

Old 02-07-2014, 04:08 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,130,040 times
Quote:

I would say the vast majority of people I know do not have tattoos. I honestly couldn't care less if someone has them or not.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:41 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,366,656 times
Quote:

This can't be a serious question.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
This can't be a serious question.
What do you think of people that have immaculate skin? Yes, it is a serious question. Do you ponder why they did not follow as others do? You must have some ideas and opinions.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I would say the vast majority of people I know do not have tattoos. I honestly couldn't care less if someone has them or not.
You probably have an opinion. It may be as simple as "He or she does not get it."

Old 02-07-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
You probably have an opinion. It may be as simple as "He or she does not get it."
You realize that people with tattoos don't generally spend time thinking about why someone else has none, right?

Old 02-07-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
What do you think of people that have immaculate skin? Yes, it is a serious question. Do you ponder why they did not follow as others do? You must have some ideas and opinions.
That's a different question that whether or not a person likes people who don't have tattoos. Plenty of people who have messed up skin for a variety of reasons still don't have any tattoos.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
You realize that people with tattoos don't generally spend time thinking about why someone else has none, right?
OK, that makes sense.

But, I assume someone at least once pondered that issue.But, who knows, maybe I am acting old fashion.

Nevertheless, I think there is a difference between tattooed and non-tattoed people. Or maybe there is none. Perhaps its is just coincidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty