Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes, I would 73 43.20%
No, I wouldn't 96 56.80%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 05:13 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,132,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You probably have an opinion. It may be as simple as "He or she does not get it."
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Does not get what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 05:16 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
OK, that makes sense.

But, I assume someone at least once pondered that issue.But, who knows, maybe I am acting old fashion.

Nevertheless, I think there is a difference between tattooed and non-tattoed people. Or maybe there is none. Perhaps its is just coincidence.

I suspect there are differences between people for a wide variety of reasons, but I don't think that having tattoos or not having tattoos would account for much of a difference. I would think other factors, such as age, background, political views, religion (or lack thereof), education level, etc would make people form groups that you could identify easier that "tattooed" or "not tattooed."

I know some very conservative people who are tattooed. I know young people... older people, poor, rich, educated, high-school dropout, etc.

I don't think there's one thing that tattooed people all have in common for sure except that they have tattoos.

Ditto people who are not tattooed.

Except that people who have tattoos are highly unlikely to be sitting around asking themselves why people are NOT tattooed... and people who do NOT have tattoos are a bit more likely to be asking themselves why people DO have tattoos.

This is a generalization, of course, and doesn't apply to everyone.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:16 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Does not get what?
You know... the "it."

That secret tattoo thing we all know about that caused us to get tattoos.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:25 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,536,702 times
I think tattoos are fascinating, on other people. People other than me, and people other than family and friends.

If I could visually get past the tattoos and find an attractive person on the inside - absolutely.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:26 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I suspect there are differences between people for a wide variety of reasons, but I don't think that having tattoos or not having tattoos would account for much of a difference. I would think other factors, such as age, background, political views, religion (or lack thereof), education level, etc would make people form groups that you could identify easier that "tattooed" or "not tattooed."

I know some very conservative people who are tattooed. I know young people... older people, poor, rich, educated, high-school dropout, etc.

I don't think there's one thing that tattooed people all have in common for sure except that they have tattoos.

Ditto people who are not tattooed.

Except that people who have tattoos are highly unlikely to be sitting around asking themselves why people are NOT tattooed... and people who do NOT have tattoos are a bit more likely to be asking themselves why people DO have tattoos.

This is a generalization, of course, and doesn't apply to everyone.
You have provided a good answer to the question and I congratulate you.

Nevertheless, there are some folks that "you and I know" would never get a tattoo. That is what I am looking for. I know I would never get one, but other than the fact that is permanent I cannot come up with another good reason.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:35 PM

121 posts, read 164,817 times
I wouldn't. I think tatoos are ugly. I don't like ugly graffiti on a beautiful building either.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:52 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419 View Post
I wouldn't. I think tatoos are ugly. I don't like ugly graffiti on a beautiful building either.
I am certain graffiti artists disagree. They rather see the buildings with the graffiti, for then it is art.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:58 PM

3 posts, read 4,232 times
Cool Tattoos as art?

I have some male relatives with tattoos on their chests and upper arms of females naked from the waist up. What do you think of that?

Old 02-08-2014, 02:38 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419 View Post
I hate graffiti on Historical sites, Natural objects, private property... lots of graffiti is ugly vandalism but there is pretty cool graffiti out there mostly on rather boring walls which does not really bother me and some is really cool art.

I have seen some tattoos which would turn me off but others which I found pretty hot- I think I would try and lick them off though.

I have no Tattoos and have never sprayed graffiti but I can appreciate creative art of all kinds.
A sailing friend of mine spent some time in the South Pacific islands- he befriended some locals and ended up with traditionally done tattoo I was kind of jealous of that.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:16 AM

392 posts, read 352,050 times
Actually if a woman has tattoos it can be over looked...IF she is highly attractive to begin with....but the most attractive do not have tatts... What is funny out of my two daughters and two adult sons only the girls have minor tattoos...One daughter has a musical note on her ankle - oddly I pointed it out to her that it looks pretty good IN THE MIRROR....but the artist did the not BACKWARDS!...... The other has a tatt on the back of her shoulder....it is dog paw print....she loves her dogs...Her tattoo reminds me of the fact that she lets dogs walk all over her....I really do not see the point of these markings....The worst I saw was a homeless guy who had his whole face tattooed black....totally weird....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty