Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes, I would 73 43.20%
No, I wouldn't 96 56.80%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 02:48 PM

392 posts, read 352,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunStorm View Post
Given your grammar we can safely assume you're not one among them.

And a wayward female sailor sounds kind of sexy to me. I have no problem with women born, reared, and living in the "lower classes." I might take my future wife from out of the favelas of Brazil or the slums of Panama. She might be loyal, fierce, shaped like a goddess, and work the bed like a hell-cat. Lucky me. If she bows before Christ and Madonna we are all good. The pretensions of wealth and the elite can be dealt with at a later time and given the due it deserves (which is not much).
So you equate formal education and grammar with intelligence hugh? Class has little to do with money or social status. It is a state of mind. I like your writing...you have some talent there. If you choose a wife that "bows" before idols I am sure you will expect her to bow before you. As for the elite....I am an old man. I have seen most of what humanity has to offer. I have dealt with billionaires and have shown compassion to the lowly crack head...I believe that respect is the granting and transfer of power...I have the same amount of respect for the high and mighty as I do the lowly and weak.

It sounds like you might have a tone of revolution spinning in your heart...I would not want to be an "elite" if you had power....sounds like you would murder them all out of sheer spite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 02:49 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
When I was younger, I dated guys covered in ink - including neck & knuckles tatted. Now, I would still date a guy with a sleeve, but no neck, face or knuckles. I guess I'd prefer it if he didn't have any, but if he's hot and good guy, I would keep an open mind.

My brother has half a sleeve, a huge tat on his legs and back. He regrets all of them and wishes he never started getting them.

Women, with any ink, look like dirty, classless, skank-*ss-trash-bags.

I do not have any ink.

Carry on...
I have to disagree, and I know for sure that I do not look like a dirty, classless, skank ass trashbag, and I also know that I am none of those mentioned.

I am assuming that you must be the epitome of perfection.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
So you equate formal education and grammar with intelligence hugh? Class has little to do with money or social status. It is a state of mind. I like your writing...you have some talent there. If you choose a wife that "bows" before idols I am sure you will expect her to bow before you. As for the elite....I am an old man. I have seen most of what humanity has to offer. I have dealt with billionaires and have shown compassion to the lowly crack head...I believe that respect is the granting and transfer of power...I have the same amount of respect for the high and mighty as I do the lowly and weak.

It sounds like you might have a tone of revolution spinning in your heart...I would not want to be an "elite" if you had power....sounds like you would murder them all out of sheer spite.

Somewhere between the two of those falls the tattooed person, but you have no respect for them.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
if I was single, id bang an attractive girl with tats but I wouldn't date one.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:16 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,676,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I am a man and think tattoos are a mutilation of the human body. Why would someone willingly scar themselves like that?
I got more likes for this comment than anything I have ever posted on City-Data. Interesting.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:38 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,375,112 times
If the tatoos indicated she was Queen of the Sythians, yes.
Otherwise no.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:40 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,476,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
if I was single, id bang an attractive girl with tats but I wouldn't date one.
Thanks for your honesty So if she was your best you wouldn't go back for seconds

Old 01-29-2014, 05:22 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,972,472 times
Date one? I married one!

Well... I don't know about "extensive visible tattoos", but my wife has enough on either forearm to nearly qualify as a half-sleeve, plus two large ones on her back, plus one on her collarbone. What's funny though is after five years together I never think about them; they're just there. I think they are all very well-done and look great.

She works in a white-collar environment and dresses so none of them are visible. When co-workers see her without long sleeves for the first time they are usually very surprised!

Old 01-29-2014, 05:24 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
By definition, they would not be attractive if they had a lot of tats. One or two...ok.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
Date one? I married one!

Well... I don't know about "extensive visible tattoos", but my wife has enough on either forearm to nearly qualify as a half-sleeve, plus two large ones on her back, plus one on her collarbone. What's funny though is after five years together I never think about them; they're just there. I think they are all very well-done and look great.

She works in a white-collar environment and dresses so none of them are visible. When co-workers see her without long sleeves for the first time they are usually very surprised!
Mine are just there as well. They are just a part of me. Sometimes I will have a person approach me and ask me if one of mine is new or who did it, etc.

I don't always know what they are talking at first. Then I realize my tattoo is visible and that is what they are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty