Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes, I would 73 43.20%
No, I wouldn't 96 56.80%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 08:45 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,835,302 times

Advertisements

I have done so just for the sex. Dated all types of women with peccadillos just for sex.

Last edited by Felix C; 01-30-2014 at 08:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 09:48 AM

392 posts, read 352,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
To me ,
Tat's are a sign of low self worth ,making any attempt to identify with a lower class of people, abusing their body with no thought for the future.
A clean body means to me, the person has good self respect, better self worth.
Trends come and go. Those who follow them religiously are losers. Being an stern individual is what it is all about. Take the Hipster trend for instance. They all look the same. They wear the same eye glasses whether they need them to correct their vision or not. They all have the same attitude. They are societies drones. In the former era young people attempted to stand out....seek some greatness according to their talents and natural gifts. NOW...it is as if this generation has given up and surrendered to corporate rule. A "clean body" is a sign of guarding your individuality....marking yourself up is exactly the opposite despite what some may claim.

Next door to me live a fine and beautiful young woman. A natural blue eyed blonde with great natural features. The back of her apartment has a roof top patio close to mine.. Finally I had a good look at her on the street. This young person was covered in tattoos. Some of the art work was crawling up her neck. I could tell that it was all about young rebellion. These were not cheap tattoos...They were well done and very expensive...Funny this young rebel was not in the position to pay for such tatts. I assumed that she was raised upper middle class. I also assumed that the parents she was rebelling against probably funded the body art.

What was slightly tragic was in the fact that this was a very beautiful young woman. There is a fact that someday she will marry. I figure she has lowered her chances of finding a suitable mate....without the tattoos she could marry well...be prosperous and happy....with the tatts...she will end up with some goof.....

Old 01-30-2014, 09:58 AM

254 posts, read 318,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
It sounds like you might have a tone of revolution spinning in your heart...I would not want to be an "elite" if you had power....sounds like you would murder them all out of sheer spite.
I'm more or less a capitalist. So, why would I kill the rich?

This was meant to imply that the things of material wealth, of higher social status, and the pomp and mannerisms that come with it can be acquired at a later time, even if my wife is a toothless, former, prostitute with scars, stretch marks, and tattoos covering her entire bony a**. I don't care if her pronunciation isn't all that great because she grew up in some Southern ditch.

I don't care for the "elite" because I don't like fake people. Kind of like the difference between a "Mustang" vs a staff officer in the military that never served in the enlisted ranks. Or the difference between the mobster that earned his bones breaking skulls vs the guy that bought his way in or was merely approved through familial relations.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:01 AM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Would I date an attractive person with a lot of tattoos?
Would I date a skinny person who was fat?

Sorry, women with a lot of tattoos are simply not attractive to my eyes. Tattoos ruin a thing of beauty. It's like painting graffiti over a masterpiece.
This. I think it puts one at risk of Hepatitis C as well. Mentally, it speaks of insecurity and ego. Spiritually, it speaks of lack and fear.

Look at me. See my tats. This is who I am. This is what defines me. I'm a badass because I endured this pain.

What disgusts me most about tatoo artists is how many they have. They are trying to make a living off of polluting you with ink and they need your dollars... repeat customers.

How many tats is enough? What's the stats on how many tats a person gets long term after they already have the one?

Old 01-30-2014, 10:29 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,305,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This. I think it puts one at risk of Hepatitis C as well. Mentally, it speaks of insecurity and ego. Spiritually, it speaks of lack and fear.

Look at me. See my tats. This is who I am. This is what defines me. I'm a badass because I endured this pain.

What disgusts me most about tatoo artists is how many they have. They are trying to make a living off of polluting you with ink and they need your dollars... repeat customers.

How many tats is enough? What's the stats on how many tats a person gets long term after they already have the one?
Personally, I don't care what people wear or don't wear. I'm not in the practice of judging the individual choices of people I don't know and so far it's served me well. As long as we treat each other with civility and respect, that's ALL that matters to me. For the record. I don't have tats, never had, never will. However, that's never stopped me from befriending and interacting with those who do.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:31 AM

35 posts, read 86,112 times
My BF is very attractive and has his fair share of tattoos. But he has the biggest heart ever and he’s honestly the sweetest most down to earth person I have ever met. This was before I knew he had tattoos. I have two tattoos as well

Old 01-30-2014, 12:09 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
Oooops - my old school Orthodox Christian elitism is showing... I don't diss truck drivers....I respect those that bring about real wealth...real people who do real work. I guess my point was...the human body is perfect....Tattoos are just not a needed thing to enhance human beauty...Nothing can compare to the beauty of humanity. When I **** people off regarding tattoos- I do know one thing as for the honest of those who have them....IF they could wave a magic wand and have the tatts disappear....98 percent would.
Soo... you are against pierced ears, hair color, you know... things that alter our bodies?

Oh... and stats on that 98%?

Old 01-30-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Good Lord that must be a joke....If I were to "bash" a two year old who had smeared magic marker over their face would that be considered "cruel" or "unkind"..... I just don't appreciate tattoos. They are not my cup of tea....and I do believe that those who get them are making a mistake....it would be unkind of me to say...that for instance those with the stretched out ear lobes are in error....IT is going to look pretty silly and out of style when they are 50...IT would be truly unkind NOT to warn young people...about permanent markings based in fashion...Fashion changes and so do people. Don't get tattoos. That is my message.

Did you actually assume my general comment as a moderator was addressed to you? LOL.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Are you able to read? Did you not read what was posted before? The question is simple. It's related to attraction and dating, not what other people should do with their bodies, how trashy they are, and making baseless assumptions.

I have no problem challenging an opinion that is based on prejudice, bigotry and sweeping generalizations. It's one thing to not find something attractive, it's another to make generalizations about a subset of people. It's simple, really.

Let's ask a different question. Maybe it will make better sense...

"Would you date a black woman if she's attractive?"

Answer #1: "No. I'm not attracted to black women."

Answer #2: "Black women and attractive should not be in the same sentence. No way! Most are ghetto, ignorant, uneducated hood rats. People will judge you for it. Don't do it!"

Now. Which provided a straightforward, concise answer relevant to the actual question, and which took it too far by making bigoted generalizations?

It doesn't matter which subset of people, "lifestyle" or choice is up for discussion. The point still stands. One can provide an answer without being obtuse and vitriolic.

Wait. How about another:

"Would you date an attractive woman who has breast implants?"

Answer #1: "No. Cosmetic surgery doesn't appeal to me. I prefer natural."

Answer #2: "Are you crazy!?! Hell no. It's slutty and plastic. Girls with fake boobs are insecure and have issues. They only do it for attention, and it's so vain and makes them look like sl*ts."

Seriously. Anyone who doesn't *get* the obvious vitriol in such statements is being purposefully dense for the sake of being dense.
Yes... you do get the distinction perfectly.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Once again, this is an OPINION poll. If you don't agree with his OPINION (or mine), so what? It STILL does not give you the right to censor his OPINION. Your rebuttal is bizarre and doesn't clarify anything.
Meanwhile: Stay calm. Carry on. Try to have a nice day.

No... some opinions aren't merely opinions, they're bashing other people.

That is the issue here. You have every right to dislike tattoos or to totally love them.

What nobody has is the right to be so critical of tattooed PEOPLE that you make public statements here regarding those PEOPLE.

Ex:

Tattoos look trashy!

People with tattoos look trashy!

(the first example is fine... the 2nd is not)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty