Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 06:14 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,351,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I don't have any issues with my sexuality or gender identity, why does it have to affect me to ask about it? Well wait it does affect all males so it does effect me.
I wasn't making assumptions, Post. You posted & I responded with genuine q's so as to understand you, nothing more.

I know to whom I'm attracted. If the world suddenly turned gay/bi tomorrow as a whole, I'd still feel the same & be attracted to men only. Nothing would change my mind, that I can imagine. I've had gorgeous female friends... although I can appreciate their beauty, I'm not & would never be attracted to them. So, since you're reading as if you've perhaps addressing problems with deciding upon orientation (of yourself or others), I merely asked for clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 06:21 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,687,436 times
i know im attracted to women but if a memo came out saying it was okay for men to wear skirts or other feminine attire id be like "hell yeah!"

Old 03-29-2014, 06:32 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,351,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I was just talking to a friend of mine the other day about all of this. We pretty much came to the simple conclusion that women are homophobic and men are gay. By this i mean that women are the ones to say "i want a real man"; Homophobia. Men on the other hand just want to have fun with people who are simply "one of the guys"; gay.
More generalizations. As a woman, I'm not homophobic. I couldn't care less who my neighbor/friend/co-worker sleeps with. But, it does sound as if you're making lots of assumptions or have confusions about both sexes. Not everyone is the same, so why label heteros as all being the same? All men are gay in your opinion? Perhaps you should be discussing that with your wife, no?

Sexuality doesn't have to be confusing, but placing preconceived notions on others not like us is dangerous. The phrase 'real man' widely differs for varying women... reread the thread. The hairy, brawny men some women said they prefer wouldn't appeal to me. What difference does it make? We all differ. Why can't we just leave it at that & not make accusations that all woman are homophobic or all men secretly gay.

That's as dangerous as the treatment centers who convince men they're not gay & should marry women. What I've seen that turn out is flamboyantly gay men, married to women, trying to act straight. If that's their ultimate choice, fine, but I've known 3 gay men (2 a couple) who've married women, trying to convince themselves they were straight. All 3 gravely affected their wives in a devious, selfish, negative way & eventually left them for men, 2 after having a child who grew up fatherless. If they were just honest from the beginning on how they felt, they wouldn't have devastated the lives of the women & children they lied to. How can anyone support that?

Old 03-29-2014, 06:34 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I was just talking to a friend of mine the other day about all of this. We pretty much came to the simple conclusion that women are homophobic and men are gay. By this i mean that women are the ones to say "i want a real man"; Homophobia. Men on the other hand just want to have fun with people who are simply "one of the guys"; gay.
Over-generalizing. I've never known a woman to say that. Women want guys who are caring, thoughtful, sensitive. Maybe it depends on where you live. Do you live in a more traditional part of the country? Are you in a more traditional demographic by age, maybe? Times are changing; many younger men have left the stereotypically masculine model far behind.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:39 PM

692 posts, read 957,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Over-generalizing. I've never known a woman to say that. Women want guys who are caring, thoughtful, sensitive. Maybe it depends on where you live. Do you live in a more traditional part of the country? Are you in a more traditional demographic by age, maybe? Times are changing; many younger men have left the stereotypically masculine model far behind.
And MANY women have been complaining that men these days leave much to be desired in the masculinity department.

As for women wanting guys that are caring, thoughtful and sensitive...eh idk about that one. What y'all say and who y'all end up actually sleeping with/dating tend to be two different things. They didn't make up the phrase "nice guys finish last" out of thin air.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
More generalizations. As a woman, I'm not homophobic. I couldn't care less who my neighbor/friend/co-worker sleeps with. But, it does sound as if you're making lots of assumptions or have confusions about both sexes. Not everyone is the same, so why label heteros as all being the same? All men are gay in your opinion? Perhaps you should be discussing that with your wife, no?

Sexuality doesn't have to be confusing, but placing preconceived notions on others not like us is dangerous. The phrase 'real man' widely differs for varying women... reread the thread. The hairy, brawny men some women said they prefer wouldn't appeal to me. What difference does it make? We all differ. Why can't we just leave it at that & not make accusations that all woman are homophobic or all men secretly gay.

That's as dangerous as the treatment centers who convince men they're not gay & should marry women. What I've seen that turn out is flamboyantly gay men, married to women, trying to act straight. If that's their ultimate choice, fine, but I've known 3 gay men (2 a couple) who've married women, trying to convince themselves they were straight. All 3 gravely affected their wives in a devious, selfish, negative way & eventually left them for men, 2 after having a child who grew up fatherless. If they were just honest from the beginning on how they felt, they wouldn't have devastated the lives of the women & children they lied to. How can anyone support that?

I support people finding happiness plain and simple.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:41 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Because we are biologically, genetically, evolutionally geared to want MEN - not something that resembles a female.
True but I think evolution left a lot of girls behind, because their actions nowadays tell a different .

Old 03-29-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
thats funny,..ive seen it said by many women here, other online forums, in real life, on tv. but hey didnt you know that caring, thoughtful, and sensitive guys are gay? Thats the word around the water cooler.

As for where i live, i live in bible belt, usa

Old 03-29-2014, 06:49 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
It also depends on the time of the month. During menstruation women prefer neanderthals, during the rest of the month nice guys, according to surveys

Old 03-29-2014, 06:56 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It also depends on the time of the month. During menstruation women prefer neanderthals, during the rest of the month nice guys, according to surveys
Actually I think that during that time of the month they prefer invisible men, and if a man knows what is good for him he will keep a safe distance for about a week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty