Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 11:19 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,145,247 times

Advertisements

It’s one thing for a male to dress nice and care about fashion, but combine that with soft interests/hobbies and well sarcastically he could be one craft beer away from switching teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 11:26 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,687,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
It’s one thing for a male to dress nice and care about fashion, but combine that with soft interests/hobbies and well sarcastically he could be one craft beer away from switching teams.
So? How does that bother anyone? Just because a guy is gay or feminine doesnt mean he wants to sleep with you.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:38 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,145,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
So? How does that bother anyone? Just because a guy is gay or feminine doesnt mean he wants to sleep with you.

I assume that some women don’t like a femania guy because they want someone that’s practical and can do manly things without worrying about their pores or getting a blood blister.

The sad part is some of these women that like these guys don’t find out how useless they are until something manly needs to be done. But hey they do know how to hook up that PS4 in record time.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:44 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,687,436 times
Quote:
I assume that some women don’t like a femania guy because they want someone that’s practical and can do manly things without worrying about their pores or getting a blood blister.
Thats what the yellow pages are for. And i may be a bit feminine but i can change a tire. It may tick me off if i break a nail but stuff happens. I'll get over it.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:50 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I personally don't have a desire too, but what's wrong with a man wanting to be lusted after in the same way a woman does?
Agree, see here is part of the problem. People are quick to use the label feminine men as soon as they see a man doing anything that is traditionally associated with women and that is wrong. I was raised that way back in the 70's and 80's and there were attitudes and mentalities that existed back then that I disagree with now as I get older. I believe men have as much right to take care of themselves and feel good as women do without being ridiculed or critizized. Being a man is something that goes far beyond looks or fashion. Maybe one day our society will grow up and realize that life can be better when we are open minded and not so quick to judge the book by its cover.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:14 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,797,744 times
Quote:
For instance if there's a thread about men removing body hair, wearing makeup, caring about fashion, about their body in general, many women seem disdainful and judgemental about it.

I mean ask yourself, who made these things 'feminine' to begin with? Human society did, there's nothing innately feminine about that. In some cultures it is actually men who wear makeup, and in the animal world it's usually males who are the more eye-catching, colourful, 'pretty' gender (think peacocks.etc).

I think there are too many men who buy into the idea that fashion and appearances and looking beautiful is a female domain. This restricted 1950s view of the world will change one day, everything changes. I guess I feel women here at least seem very conservative in terms of their idea of male beauty. Basically men should be 'men' with the very narrow man-made definition.
I think that in regards to body hair removal, the reason that it might be perceived as feminine is because females at least generally have less body hair than males.

I do agree with your overall point here, though. I don't see why males shouldn't be able to do these things simply because some/many females also do them. After all, many males (including myself) want to try our best to look nice, to smell nice, et cetera.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
By "switching teams", do you mean getting a sex change? Pursuing (romantic) relationships with other males? Something else?

I am sorry, but I am a little confused here on what exactly you mean here by your "switching teams" phrase.

As a side note, though, I don't care if a biological male gets a sex change, begins pursuing (romantic) relationships with other males, et cetera. After all, these things don't hurt and/or kill anyone, and thus, I don't see why exactly these things should be my business.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
^

Agreed.

Also, as a side note, even if a gay wants to sleep with you, it does not mean that he will force you to sleep with him if you don't want to do this.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
what's wrong with a man wanting to be lusted after in the same way a woman does?
Absolutely nothing.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendOfWaffles View Post
Because this relationship only needs one person with a vagina, and that's ME!
LOL! A man (or even a woman, as in a trans-woman) can have a dick and still be incredibly feminine.

Example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip...ke_of_Orléans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty