Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 02:18 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,686,522 times

Advertisements

All I can say is Thank God im not married to anyone on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 02:19 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
All I can say is Thank God im not married to anyone on here.
If you don't mind me asking, are you married at all?

Old 03-29-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, are you married at all?
I thought all of the times i mentioned my wife wouldve answered that lol but i guess not. yes, im married.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:43 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times
Quote:
I thought all of the times i mentioned my wife wouldve answered that lol but i guess not. yes, im married.
Sorry--I don't read everyone's entire posting history on here.

And thanks for answering this question of mine.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Sorry--I don't read everyone's entire posting history on here.

And thanks for answering this question of mine.
I just mentioned her in post #63.

And youre welcome.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:51 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittheroadjack View Post
Most Hispanic/Latino men use a pony tail.
Do they?

OP, your continuous posts about men not being allowed to wear makeup and be feminine make me think you secretly desire to become a ladyboy. I say give it a try if that rocks your boat. You will kill two birds with one stone: you will be able to express your femininity and you won't have to worry about women and the lack of attention they pay to men according to you.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
Do they?

OP, your continuous posts about men not being allowed to wear makeup and be feminine make me think you secretly desire to become a ladyboy. I say give it a try if that rocks your boat. You will kill two birds with one stone: you will be able to express your femininity and you won't have to worry about women and the lack of attention they pay to men according to you.
it isnt about a secret desire to be a "ladyboy". Its about being (physically) a boy but (mentally) a girl and making the decision on which you want to be as a whole. Some like me can be a mixture of both and go through life being completely content while others require years of psychiatric assistance to help them cope which sometimes can result in a sex change. Its no laughing matter.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:56 PM

774 posts, read 906,825 times
Quote:
LOL! A man (or even a woman, as in a trans-woman) can have a dick and still be incredibly feminine.

Example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip...ke_of_Orléans
I knew he was a man right away.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:58 PM

774 posts, read 906,825 times
Quote:
I knew girls like this is school. They wanted every guy they dated to walk around beating up every other guy who looked at her in order for the guy to prove his masculinity and to fight for his right to be with her. To heck with that. Thats animal kingdom crap. If a girl wants me to walk around beating others up and pounding my chest to turn her on then she can just go find some other guy. Im not an alpha by any means but im also not a submissive either. I can plunge a toilet, change a tire, and clean out gutters, but i can also paint your nails, match clothes, and help you pick out the right pair of shoes. Oh and btw my wife loves this about me.
That's fantasy crap.

Not even animal kingdom crap.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:59 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,981,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
For instance if there's a thread about men removing body hair, wearing makeup, caring about fashion, about their body in general, many women seem disdainful and judgemental about it.

I mean ask yourself, who made these things 'feminine' to begin with? Human society did, there's nothing innately feminine about that. In some cultures it is actually men who wear makeup, and in the animal world it's usually males who are the more eye-catching, colourful, 'pretty' gender (think peacocks.etc).

I think there are too many men who buy into the idea that fashion and appearances and looking beautiful is a female domain. This restricted 1950s view of the world will change one day, everything changes. I guess I feel women here at least seem very conservative in terms of their idea of male beauty. Basically men should be 'men' with the very narrow man-made definition.
Why are so many women here against men being 'feminine'?

Well, doesn't it seem that romantic and sexual attraction goes beyond the purely physical differences? Is that thought enough to provide at least one answer to your question?

How are you so sure that gender differences are created by society? Might they be rooted in, well, gender? That's not to rule out that they may have been exaggerated by society at times or that people were expected to too rigidly adhere to typical behavior at times. Are you sure there aren't differences between gender that are natural and that some vocal but confused people in society don't acknowledge? Might those vocal people's influence cause more harm than good at times?

Women probably want enough normal men around so that every woman can have one. The more men that cross some possible line into an extent of feminine-typical behavior that renders them unattractive to the average woman, the less supply there is. I really don't know how accurate I am here, but it sounds plausible to me.

Edit:

This takes it a bit further and is a bit more out there, but one thought I've had that may make lesbians out of some women, assuming female sexual orientation is fairly fluid like some studies suggest, is when they begin to "see through" men and when masculinity, in their personal experience, is tapped out as an attraction, therefore causing them to turn to femininity in terms of attraction. I mean, think of examples of where you know a woman is not attracted to a guy, the guy just doesn't "have it", and she sees right through him with no attraction at all. Take that to an extreme and apply it to very masculine men most women would find very attractive, and you've got what I'm talking about in my theory.

Last edited by MOKAN; 03-29-2014 at 04:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty