Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 06:58 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,351,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I support people finding happiness plain and simple.
And, based on what I said in the above examples, what if that personal happiness is at the expense of another? Still okay? People need to be honest with themselves first, before they engage another, waste their time and/or deceive them. No honor or compassion in that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 07:05 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,351,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It also depends on the time of the month. During menstruation women prefer neanderthals, during the rest of the month nice guys, according to surveys
Lol. Well, I don't ever prefer neanderthals, regardless of what the Cosmopolitan magazine survey says. I'm all for nice guys. And, each of us differs on which nice guys are attractive. Mel Brooks might be a very nice lad... funny, smart, great conversationalist, too. But, I'd never find myself attracted to him. He'd be a good friend, not a good partner. Such is the way of the world. Some people think Geo Clooney is gay. I have no earthly idea what they could be talking about. To each his/her own.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,687,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
And, based on what I said in the above examples, what if that personal happiness is at the expense of another? Still okay? People need to be honest with themselves first, before they engage another, waste their time and/or deceive them. No honor or compassion in that.
Well i cant say considering that its never happened to me but hypothetically if it did then i would like to think that id thank them for their honesty and wish them the best of luck on their journey offering any support they needed to find happiness.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:12 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Yeah, I have a soft voice like a girl instead of the gruff manly roar women want.

There is nothing I can do about that, sorry ladies . I dress up like a man, and enjoy rail fanning A LOT (my only defining manly qualities).
Don't sweat it, there are alot of manly men with soft voices, Walter Payton is one. I had an Uncle who had 18inch arms and was the most physically manly-man that I ever knew and had a soft voice. I can't recall anyone teasing him about it either.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:26 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Lol. Well, I don't ever prefer neanderthals, regardless of what the Cosmopolitan magazine survey says. I'm all for nice guys. And, each of us differs on which nice guys are attractive. Mel Brooks might be a very nice lad... funny, smart, great conversationalist, too. But, I'd never find myself attracted to him. He'd be a good friend, not a good partner. Such is the way of the world. Some people think Geo Clooney is gay. I have no earthly idea what they could be talking about. To each his/her own.
Some suspect all good-looking men of being gay.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:30 PM

Theres someone out there for everyone.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
I will take a shot at this. How about an effeminate man does not make a woman feel secure in the face of danger?

Old 03-29-2014, 07:46 PM

749 posts, read 921,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
Do they?

OP, your continuous posts about men not being allowed to wear makeup and be feminine make me think you secretly desire to become a ladyboy. I say give it a try if that rocks your boat. You will kill two birds with one stone: you will be able to express your femininity and you won't have to worry about women and the lack of attention they pay to men according to you.

How does my post relates to your second paragraph? This is my first post in this section. Bullfighters in Spain, and Mexico wear a ponytail, as men do in many other countries that speak Spanish. It is part of the culture, as it is acceptable for men to wear jewelry.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I will take a shot at this. How about an effeminate man does not make a woman feel secure in the face of danger?
Ive seen some effiminate men throw down with the best of em. However id venture to say that an effiminate man wouldnt be taking a woman into dangerous situations in the first place.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:54 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittheroadjack View Post
How does my post relates to your second paragraph? This is my first post in this section. Bullfighters in Spain, and Mexico wear a ponytail, as men do in many other countries that speak Spanish. It is part of the culture, as it is acceptable for men to wear jewelry.
Funny you mention that. Where I come from men should not wear clothes of certain colors like pink, but here in Portugal there is nothing gay about it.

I guess the ponytail is just to prevent the open hair from becoming a danger in such a dangerous stupidity. I think the important thing about it is that the man has longer hair. In some cultures hair is considered a symbol of life and strength. Neanderthal logic, but still... In those circles that kind of mindset is still common...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty