Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 11:28 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times

Advertisements

As a practice I leave for work early enough to stop at a coffee shop and collect my thoughts before work.
A place just a minuet or more from the job so I'm not fighting traffic at the last minuet.
I've never ever been late for work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 01:09 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,373,361 times
One hour, between when I wake/get up and when I am ready to leave the house.
Very little of that time is spent on my appearance, it's mostly just acclimating to being conscious & ambulatory, drinking tea & having a smoke.

I brush my teeth, fiddle with my hair, apply lipstick, and figure out what to wear-those tasks may take 15 mins. or less.
If I'm already up & about during the day, and have to go back out for some reason, then that'll probably take 15 mins.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:18 PM

5 posts, read 5,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
Reading the thread about prep time for dates got me thinking about this. Generally, it takes me 15 minutes to get ready in the morning. I don't like getting up, so I push it as much as I possibly can. Maybe too much. I don't usually do my hair unless something special is going on, but just run a comb through it. Makeup takes like five minutes then other things such as brushing teeth, putting in contacts, jewelry, etc. I think I may start to put a little more effort in, particularly with my hair.

How long does it take for you to get ready in the morning? Break it down into specifics if you want (x minutes for makeup, x minutes for hair, etc)
All together it takes me 2 hours for shower, getting dressed, hair and make up. Looks like I'm just a typical girl.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:48 PM

575 posts, read 1,469,467 times
Depends on what it is. If I'm going all out, it takes me an hour 1/2. That includes showering, getting dressed, drying hair, straightening hair, doing my make up and being ready to leave. If I don't care about straightening my hair then I can be ready in the time it takes me to shower, put mousse in my hair, get dressed and do my make up so about 30 mins.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:50 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Like 5 maybe 10 minutes tops. Take a 2 minute shower, brush teeth (and beard!), get dressed, grab a bagel or pop-tart. out the door. Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I get up around 6:15 am and I am at work at 7pm (8 minute drive).

Shower: 3 min (I wash hair in the evenings)
washing face, brush teeth and hair (with separate brushes though): 5 min
apply make up: 20 sec.
Get dressed: 1 min -5 min

Walk and feed the doggy: 15 minutes
Pack breakfast: 3 minutes
I want to know the secret to this, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this magic, it takes me that long to get the water temp just right, seriously. You two must be just messing with us trying to make us jealous.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:39 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
My showers usually last about ten minutes, because of leg shaving.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:42 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
If I am out of the shower in less than 20 minutes, then it's quick.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:32 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,298,146 times
One hour exactly from when my feet hit the floor to when I walk in the office. Five minute cigarette, twenty minutes to shower and dress, two minute walk to the subway, fifteen minute subway ride (sometimes less if I get lucky), five minutes to buy a cup of coffee, two minute walk to the office.

It's easier being a guy. I moisturize, comb my hair, brush my teeth, put on a suit and go. I usually have a yoghurt at the office around 10.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:39 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,460,552 times
Never been a morning person - except for teen years when I needed to eat more first thing in morning. My morning routine (after few doze buttons) usually takes 20 minutes (bathroom, oral hygiene, shave etc.. and dress) and I'm generally out the door within 25 minutes of getting out of bed. I usually have some form of fresh fruit already cut up the night before in the refrigerator to nibble and some almond milk before I'm out the door. Then total commute of 30-35 minutes (auto, train, bus/trolley/walk). I'm usually at work about an hour after I've awakened. Ironically, shaving is the most time consuming activity.

On occasion, I catch some restful shut eye on the train and sometimes, I feel I'm still 'awakening' while at work and dislike first thing in morning meetings.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:29 PM

21,867 posts, read 25,161,984 times
30 minutes, that includes checking email and making coffee, and feeding the dogs. I'm usually up for about an hour or two before I leave since I like to split up my workday and get some work done before leaving the house. The actual shower/personal hygiene/dressing part takes about 15.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty