Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 09:26 AM

5,134 posts, read 4,487,297 times

Advertisements

HANDSOME
Beautiful.
Sharp facial features. Refined, symmetrical bone structure.
Tall with good posture.
Very masculine, well-formed body with broad shoulders.
Well-proportioned, and everything about him comes together strikingly.
Spectacular to look at.

CUTE
Okay-looking or attractive face, but not outstanding; usually softer facial features.
Average/above-average body.
Any height or weight, within the realm of regular. Too extreme is usually not cute--so not overly short/tall/fat/skinny.
"Seems" like a nice guy.
Nice to look at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 09:31 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Handsome is a masculine, attractive man.
Cute is a boyish, more feminine appearing man.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:53 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
I was called "gorgeous" by a brit I meet online.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:07 AM

830 posts, read 1,666,913 times
Handsome: objective, the kind of man everyone can agree is attractive. If I call a man handsome, it doesn't necessarily mean I like him or that he's significant to me.

Cute: makes me want to squeal like a little girl. He's the kind of man that makes me say "there's just something about him." He's pleasant to look at and I feel a superficial affinity to him. I don't know or care to know much about him profoundly.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:14 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Handsome is a masculine, attractive man.
Cute is a boyish, more feminine appearing man.
I don't think "cute" is necessarily feminine. On my scale, Viggo Mortensen is handsome; Paul Rudd is cute. Jon Hamm is handsome; Chris Pratt is cute. I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed for eating crackers.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:23 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think "cute" is necessarily feminine. On my scale, Viggo Mortensen is handsome; Paul Rudd is cute. Jon Hamm is handsome; Chris Pratt is cute. I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed for eating crackers.
This...cute does have a younger, more "fun and approachable" (not really feminine) connotation to me. George Clooney and Daniel Craig are handsome; Paul Rudd and Chris Pratt are definitely cute.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:08 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
This...cute does have a younger, more "fun and approachable" (not really feminine) connotation to me. George Clooney and Daniel Craig are handsome; Paul Rudd and Chris Pratt are definitely cute.
True, which is perhaps why I'm more often referred to as cute rather than handsome. I do have that youth appeal you mention.

Old 09-27-2014, 01:40 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I think it's the same thing as guys when they call girls cute. A girl can be cute and hot just like a guy can be handsome and cute.
Yep
Handsome / cute / hot
Whatever - all positive.

Old 09-27-2014, 02:05 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post

Yeah, that is a perfect fit there. A more old-fashioned type of guy in his appearance, and how he seems to carry himself. I kinda think back to how men looked, maybe in the 50s-where it was more handsome, than the pretty boys we see alot.
You mean metrosexuals who manscape and do other girly stuff in a vain effort to escape from their natural male testosterone??

Old 09-27-2014, 02:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You know who creeps me out? People who start shallow and inane threads like this.
Why do you always post rude and off topic stuff on every thread I start. I've noticed this behavior ever since my first day in CD. Don't think that I am unaware of this, alright. This thread is in no way offensive and shallow to the general viewers on this forum. If terms appreciating a man's attractiveness twitches a nerve for you, then just avoid looking. It isn't all that hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty