Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 11:59 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Bingo. Of course it isn't true for all of them, but I imagine it is true for a large portion. It's probably just a whole lot easier being with a big girl. Low maintenance, never late with dinner, no other guys hitting on her, and she'll put up with a whole lotta crap because she'd rather do that than be alone.
Interesting theory. However, from what I've seen, bigger women are the ones being hit on - not the thinner ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 01:48 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,051,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
I'm a tall, skinny guy, and am also a life-long lover of Big Beautiful Women (BBW's). I am much more attracted to BBW's than to thin women.

Years ago, I was on a date with my then-girlfriend and while I didn't notice anything at the time, she told me later that a woman at the movie theatre (where we were waiting in line) looked us up & down as if we were from another planet - I'm guessing this was because my gf was quite large, while I was thin.

However, in recent years I have seen many more slender guy/bigger women couples than I had in the past. I'm thinking that this has become more "acceptable", if that makes any sense...(conversely, I rarely see extremely overweight men/thin women couples).

And, just for the record, Marilyn Monroe was not that big - she was "voluptuous", but was not a BBW. This type of thing is a pet peeve of mine, i.e. people thinking that if a woman is even slightly "thick" that she's a BBW - this is simply not true. I think this type of mentality comes from women in the U.S. being brain-washed that they all have to look like skinny supermodels. So, if any of them gains even a slight amount of weight, she considers herself (and/or others consider her) overweight - b$%$##%@!

Interesting theory, but I completely disagree. My mother was thin, I'm thin, and I like big women. So the idea that men who like big women have that preference because their mothers were big is also simply not always true - at least not in my case.
Very true about how scarce the big man/small woman couples are. Only on tv is that a thing. I don't see it much in real life.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:59 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,368,233 times
Didn't read whole thread, don't know if anyone has mentioned a couple shows which have addressed this:

"Louie", season 4 episode 3, "So Did the Fat Lady",
where Louie has an awkward flirtation with a non-thin woman, and the two of them really talk about the situation.

"Inside Amy Schumer", season 3 episode 3, "Judging Amy Schumer",
esp. the part where the male jurors discuss cast members of the 1980's tv series "The Facts of Life"-
their answers differ depending on whether they're openly admitting to attraction/lust for this or that actress
or doing a secret ballot where they don't have to personally fess up to being attracted to a larger woman.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:01 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,689,752 times
Iv never looked at a couple where one was bigger and other thin and thought anything about it. I dont really care or pay attention much.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:05 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,815 times
I gained weight about a year ago due to a medical issue. My husband is very buff, and I felt VERY self conscious when we were in public together.

I do tend to notice when couples are mismatched physically.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:33 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I gained weight about a year ago due to a medical issue. My husband is very buff, and I felt VERY self conscious when we were in public together.

I do tend to notice when couples are mismatched physically.
If people are observant, they can't help but notice things. Whether they care or not is another matter. Why should they care? I know I don't.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:37 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
If people are observant, they can't help but notice things. Whether they care or not is another matter. Why should they care? I know I don't.
Define "care" . I have said "How did that happen?" before. Then went on with my day. I wouldn't define that as caring, though.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:03 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,757,973 times
I hate to admit it, but I saw this yesterday and immediately thought 'Dude, you boinked THAT?' (they had a baby with them. And no, it wasn't pregger weight, she was enormous/front butt fat.)

I know, I know, three Hail Marys and one Our Father........

Old 05-13-2015, 03:35 PM

403 posts, read 597,654 times
Yes. However since obesity is so common in the US and with the whole fat acceptance movement, not as many people will look on down on you now. In the older generations I'm sure guys were judged much more harshly when they had fat girlfriends/wives. Now people consider it fairly common to have the overweight wife and average weight husband.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:18 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,557 times
Not too long ago in history people "needed" to have a "shine of fat" on their skin. This is repeating myself but this is the way that society controls what people "need" to be to "stay high" in appreciation. Why its power is questionable is because the changes. Now society says you must be skinny. Why these people without own will and style and self which are leaded by societys and market economys changing orders would be cool and "first class" ? Cannot they have their own opinions and mind and style? Where is their true self appreciaton and self esteem? It exist only by following trends which "lift their high" (in their own imagination).

It does no matter what rest of the world is thinking on your life and choices and preferences, many of them just repeat the going on trends. People are not hand bags changing during what is fashionable. Some people seem to submiss under these orders to keep themself "admired" by media etc. Breast implants in, breast implants out, butt implants in , butt implants out, they make surgeries to keep themselves always on the shape that going on "trend" is telling you to be to be "appreciated.

Market economys tricks, it really leads some peope like ram is pulled in a string.. Simon says what is a trend, simon says.. And actually these women who are fat at "skinny time" are the stronger self because they have their own style and life and they don't let the simon tell what they should look or do.

I am ending this by a question are this type of people leaded by simon able to look anyone down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty