Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 09:13 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,648,814 times

Advertisements

I have a pinterest board to keep track of my goals and I pinned a A&F sweatshirt that I really liked. It's currently the most "liked" thing on my board. More than 14 complete strangers liked and re-pinned it. Most were adolescents. So yeah, looks like it's still popular with the junior high crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 08:23 PM

543 posts, read 1,001,057 times
I've always had a somewhat exaggerated hourglass (regardless of weight), so their jeans had never looked on me. I was a very early bloomer, too.

Levi's, Calvin Klein, and (somehow) Old Navy jeans are the only flattering ones for me: mid or high waisted due to my height (taller than 5'9"). I was never into the low rise fad that flooded stores in the past decade.

However, I do buy tons of tops (the ones that don't say the name of the store, of course) from those stores...and tops from Hot Topic, too. Their tops have enough room on top, so that's why I like them.

My youngest brother is 21 and he's addicted to Hollister. Well, back in PR, surfing was one of his favorite passtimes (so as horseback riding).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
I've never actually bought anything in the world of 5'7 humans, aside from hoodies in Hollister- I like holister, shirts are they only things I can fit, well I can fit the cologne too. I really don't too much like stores like these, that cater to a certain bodystyle, when normal stores don't always carry what fits me, but this is prove that the manufactures need the memo that people are bigger now, hieght, feet, waist, etc.
You sir/madam, sound like my husband: he also had a hard time finding clothes that fit him...for he's 6'5".

Old 12-29-2014, 12:58 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,842,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
I've always had a somewhat exaggerated hourglass (regardless of weight), so their jeans had never looked on me. I was a very early bloomer, too.

Levi's, Calvin Klein, and (somehow) Old Navy jeans are the only flattering ones for me: mid or high waisted due to my height (taller than 5'9"). I was never into the low rise fad that flooded stores in the past decade.

However, I do buy tons of tops (the ones that don't say the name of the store, of course) from those stores...and tops from Hot Topic, too. Their tops have enough room on top, so that's why I like them.

My youngest brother is 21 and he's addicted to Hollister. Well, back in PR, surfing was one of his favorite passtimes (so as horseback riding).

You sir/madam, sound like my husband: he also had a hard time finding clothes that fit him...for he's 6'5".
6'4 man, 36" waist, size 15 shoe.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:17 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,940,257 times
Nobody wears AF/AE/Aero anymore, the era of douchey huge logo clothing was mid to late 90s/early 00s. AF is trying to sell premium clothes to tweens and teens, it doesn't work. They should either move a notch down and become another HM or forever 21 and sell cheaper but lower quality stuff, OR mature , purge themselves entirely of the teen market, redo all of their ridiculous stores which pump in god awful perfumes, and focus exclusively on adult clothing for the 20 to 30 age bracket and create even more premium clothing. Somewhere in the range of like a J. Crew but below the high end fashion designers. Teens would probably laugh at you these days if you wore around an AF hoodie to school.AF tried the more sophisticated thing with Ruehl and failed miserably, but it had a lot to do with the fact that their timing was simply bad.

Last edited by fibonacci; 12-29-2014 at 02:38 AM..

Old 12-30-2014, 05:51 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,174,374 times
i also liked that the brands ran small since i always ran small myself. if it werent for the smells in the store and the huge logos everywhere i'd probably still shop there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty