Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 06:59 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,143,014 times

Advertisements

To be perfectly honest with you?: because i dont have to...if i struggled to pull women with my lack of hair, i would definitely consider it, to help boost my confidence etc...But i have more hair on my face than my head these days, and to tell you the truth, women love rubbing my head and face for some reason...not that im a stud or anything, because im actually pretty out of shape at this point. And im thinking, they must be misinterpreting it for being "clean cut" or something. But ive begun to notice that several touchy feely type women who get close enough to me just love rubbing my face and head, and kissing my face for some reason......it is actually secretly annoying at times when it comes unsolicited from some random chick that ive only been talking to for a few mins (this is most rare, but it has happened more than a couple of times before)...im not complaining, but it just kind of catches you off guard, and you never know where people's hands & mouths have been. So im probably going to ride this wave till the wheels fall off..if it aint broke, dont fix it, i would say.

Last edited by soletaire; 03-26-2015 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 08:56 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
What if that were changed to "Being comfortable with ugliness is appealing in itself"? [I'm capable of backtracking on claims, like all men craving their hair] Many black and Latino men look okay with shaved heads (and younger generations often have had their hair short for most of their lives anyway). I think most white men can't pull off the shaved look. Too many end up look sickly or big-nosed. Also, from an online dating experiment I vaguely recall, having much hair loss is ruinous there. But even if many men could get away with the chrome-dome look well, if they're unhappy about their hair loss, they cannot be talked into feeling otherwise. Again, the implication that men shouldn't have fear or sadness. What we probably have, among other reasons for transplants not being as popular as some think they should be, is a bunch of men who stuff down their unhappiness about their baldness.
Baldness has nothing to do with ugliness. That's where you are going off the road. Most white men CAN and DO pull off the look. Once more, for the last time, this is YOUR perception. It is not everyone else's.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:16 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,888,687 times
Quote:
Studies have found that baldness is associated with decreased perception of
attractiveness (Cash, 1990)

If I felt like Googling more, I could find more evidence. I'm not into overreaching with my opinions or arguing facts. If hair weren't important to male attractiveness, most men would keep theirs very short or do almost no maintenance of it.

One more thing, to the person who suggested waiting for hair loss to stop before getting a transplant. I'm not sure hair loss ever stops (even in people who won't go visibly bald anywhere). If it has been very slow for years, it should be safe to get a procedure.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:21 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,414,702 times
Good lord, what a thread.

I think hair transplants are the scariest thing around. Ever seen photos of botched transplants? I would strongly discourage any man I loved to do it.

If someone really wants to grow hair back, there is a safe option, which is laser hair combs or laser head pieces which really do grow one's own hair back. It's time consuming though and they are expensive.

I think some men look great bald. If they have a nice face then hair isn't necessary.

And I can't believe some posters look down on bald men who have the gall to be buff and physically fit either!!!

Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Good lord, what a thread.

I think hair transplants are the scariest thing around. Ever seen photos of botched transplants? I would strongly discourage any man I loved to do it.

If someone really wants to grow hair back, there is a safe option, which is laser hair combs or laser head pieces which really do grow one's own hair back. It's time consuming though and they are expensive.

I think some men look great bald. If they have a nice face then hair isn't necessary.

And I can't believe some posters look down on bald men who have the gall to be buff and physically fit either!!!
If nothing else, baldness is handy for filtering such useless twits out of your life.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:22 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,326,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Because in relationship to women, men aren't as vain....
If women seem vain, it might be because men only want to be with good-looking ones. I mean, seriously, how many men do you know who are OK with dating women who don't take care of their appearance? I know many men who chase after women who are so far out of their looks category it's funny. When i worked at a daily newspaper we ran photos of couples who had weddings. There were always comments among the staff when we had a couple where the man was better looking than the woman because it was so rare. It's much more likely for attractive women to marry men who are definitely NOT as good looking. And the men who are good looking have brides in the fashion model category.

And BTW, I think men don't get hair transplants because 1. IT HURTS! and 2. it's expensive.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:47 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,888,687 times
I don't look down on men for exercising. I do it myself. However, I sneer at those who use steroids and devote their lives to getting big. At some point, it looks ridiculous. (There are studies.) Furthermore, it's difficult to attain and maintain. Meanwhile, the more appealing look doesn't particularly show through clothing - so, would-be meatheads, focus on keeping your hair instead.

I also find ridiculous the idea of avoiding surgery because of mild or moderate pain, but if people would rather lose their hair, it's their choice.

Men can also choose to try lasers for hair loss (thanks for the mention), but I've heard they don't work well. Maybe they are better for women, who usually are dealing with loss of density as opposed to hair that is dwindling to nothing.

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-27-2015 at 11:59 AM..

Old 03-27-2015, 11:51 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,259,447 times
Hair transplants look fake. You can tell when they have been done. I would rather see a natural looking man.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:47 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,008,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Hair transplants look fake. You can tell when they have been done. I would rather see a natural looking man.
Agreed. Just look at Donald Trump.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:56 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
I like bald/balding guys because I DISLIKE vain guys. I suppose it's all a matter of taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty