Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 01:11 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,888,687 times

Advertisements

Since seeing is believing...
I think the doctor who did Gosselin's transplant is the same one who runs Balding Blog. Many of the transplants pictured there look natural to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 06:21 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,266,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.
You can buy a decent looking fedora for $15, why spend thousands on surgery to protect your head from the sun, rain or bird droppings?

Old 03-28-2015, 10:41 AM

I think many men do believe that, that hats effectively cover up hair loss. Just as many women probably used to think padding 'fixes' small breasts. It's easy to think of situations where that can be disastrous, or at least obviously deceptive (e.g., indoors). Plus, big dressy hats on men usually look stupid, such as with tee shirts, and baseball caps are inherently childish off the field. I think plain caps are okay sometimes.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:06 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I think many men do believe that, that hats effectively cover up hair loss. Just as many women probably used to think padding 'fixes' small breasts. It's easy to think of situations where that can be disastrous, or at least obviously deceptive (e.g., indoors). Plus, big dressy hats on men usually look stupid, such as with tee shirts, and baseball caps are inherently childish off the field. I think plain caps are okay sometimes.
I have never known anyone who is so obsessed with what's on top of a man's head.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:35 PM

That's basically an ad hominem. I'm only obsessed with my own hair and don't normally pay much attention to other men's hair. I don't really care whether or not more guys get transplants. I'm just competitive (including debates) and strongly dislike dishonesty and self-destructive behavior, especially when I've been coming across it for ages.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:52 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
I'd contend that slicing your scalp open dozens of times to stuff hair into it is more self-destructive than going bald.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:08 PM

If it doesn't involve spending too much or instead of more important things, going despite the objections of a spouse, or (unfairly, I think) being ridiculed by important acquaintances or the public; it can only do tangible, lasting harm if the result looks ugly or unnatural, which I contend doesn't happen much these days.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:12 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,826,279 times
Because going bald doesn't bother me at all. I have never spent one second dwelling on it or thinking anything negative about it.

But, But women dont like it you say? I guess if you say so yet for some reason I attract more women as a middle aged balding guy than I did as a young man with a full head of hair.

Old 03-29-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Because going bald doesn't bother me at all. I have never spent one second dwelling on it or thinking anything negative about it.
That boggles my mind. You've never felt it was making you less attractive?

Quote:
But, But women dont like it you say? I guess if you say so yet for some reason I attract more women as a middle aged balding guy than I did as a young man with a full head of hair.
If that's an attempt at reasoning, it's terrible - > correlation/causation. I could play the same game - I was unattractive in my early teens and to my knowledge then had more female admirers than I do now. I never said women won't date balding guys, but virtually all of them would be more interested in the version of the man with a full head of hair.

Old 03-29-2015, 01:23 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,826,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
That boggles my mind. You've never felt it was making you less attractive?

No it never has. It boggles my mind that something so common and genetically programmed causes such misery for so many men.

If that's an attempt at reasoning, it's terrible - > correlation/causation. I could play the same game - I was unattractive in my early teens and to my knowledge then had more female admirers than I do now. I never said women won't date balding guys, but virtually all of them would be more interested in the version of the man with a full head of hair.
It's not reasoning, it's simply my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty