Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 03:01 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times

Advertisements

Menopause has nothing to do with it. I passed that 20 years ago and my skin still looks great, at 65 I only have few fine lines. My figure is almost like it was at age 30, except my waist is a bit larger, but I still have a defined waist and good muscle tone from working out. The only big change is my hair is finer than it used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 03:22 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
But if estrogen keeps you youthful as a woman - it does, doesn't it? - replacement estrogen should do the same... I'd seriously like to know what role HRT plays (or doesn't) in looks and aging, but maybe that's another thread...

Old 07-07-2015, 03:26 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Menopause has nothing to do with it. I passed that 20 years ago and my skin still looks great, at 65 I only have few fine lines. My figure is almost like it was at age 30, except my waist is a bit larger, but I still have a defined waist and good muscle tone from working out. The only big change is my hair is finer than it used to be.
No HRT, right? Or herbal remedies? Did you experience any symptoms of menopause (hot flashes, etc.)? You might just be one of those women who had a lot of estrogen in her system even after M.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:24 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
No HRT, right? Or herbal remedies? Did you experience any symptoms of menopause (hot flashes, etc.)? You might just be one of those women who had a lot of estrogen in her system even after M.
Possibly. I did have a few hot flashes after, but nothing terrible. My gyn. did put me on HRT for a short time, but I quit pretty quick due to a bad reading on a mammogram. I seem to have done fine without anything.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:37 PM

265 posts, read 405,056 times
She looks great. But doesn't look like she's in her 20s, or 30s even...

Old 07-07-2015, 05:01 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I have to confess that I just don't get the appeal of coconut oil as a moisturizer. I used it (the good stuff, too) for a couple of months and wasn't impressed. Maybe it's my skin type, but it took forever to absorb, so I'd sit around with this greasy layer on my skin, and it really didn't yield noteworthy results. Moisturizer with coconut oil as an ingredient? Works great. But straight coconut oil... not so much.
Coconut oil is overrated. I have been told to use coconut oil for all sorts of things that aren't really appropriate; It was recommended to me by friends to help my chapped lips and hot spots on my dogs and it didn't help either issue. It actually made the chapped lips worse. It is not a cure-all. It is merely another type of oil.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:04 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Every time I look at pics like this, my anger levels rapidly rise.

Damn it , Why do I have to look older than I actually am ? BTW, coconut oil works for me perhaps due to a genetic reason. My father is from the mountains of Kerala, which is the heart of coconut country.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:45 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
She looks great, but I would put her in the mid to late 40s. Beautiful woman.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:35 PM

294 posts, read 372,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Coconut oil is overrated. I have been told to use coconut oil for all sorts of things that aren't really appropriate; It was recommended to me by friends to help my chapped lips and hot spots on my dogs and it didn't help either issue. It actually made the chapped lips worse. It is not a cure-all. It is merely another type of oil.
Interesting, myself and many people I know use coconut oil for chapped lips. It moisturizes. I am unsure how it would make the chapped lips worse?

Old 07-07-2015, 09:56 PM

60 posts, read 56,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
I just read the entire article...her health & beauty regimen is not accidental, not effortless, and is very calculated:

"DIET
Pamela, who is of South Asian origin, eats a super-healthy diet based largely on vegetables and topped up with good proteins such as salmon.

Fresh-faced: Pamela eats a daily handful of almonds and eats a vegetable-based diet
Many of the dishes she makes are Asian and are spiced up with ginger, cumin and turmeric, among others, which she says act a bit like food supplements in terms of the health benefits.
Breakfast is usually an organic boiled egg served with gluten-free toast or organic oatcakes and coconut yoghurt with fresh berries and nuts.

To finish off the meal, she has a glass of coconut water with added liquid iron, which she says is key for stopping her iron levels plummeting as she ages.

Lunch comes in the shape of a salad prepared at home in the morning and usually contains a mixture of organic spinach, kale, rocket, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, red peppers, advocado, beansprouts and sauerkraut [pickled cabbage].

Fresh basil and coriander add flavour while pumpkin and sunflower seeds add crunch. 'For protein I’ll add some Arbroath salmon, eggs or chicken and dress the salad with organic olive oil and lemon juice,' she adds.
'I also add cayenne pepper and lots of black pepper.'

Dinner is equally healthy and usually consists of a portion of organic chicken, oily fish or a lamb steak served with a 'mountain of vegetables' - broccoli and courgettes are favourites.
She also eats a daily handful of almonds, snacks on celery and houmus and limits her coffee intake to one a day.

Most of what she eats is organic and she drinks water throughout the day, usually flavoured with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.

EXERCISE
Pamela does a body conditioning class once a week and follows that with a fitness yoga session immediately afterwards.
While at the gym, she uses the sauna and steam room and does a whole body exfoliation. She also uses the time to use a hair mask - she likes Aveda's Damage Remedy.
'I’ll go in the sauna for 10 minutes then have a freezing cold shower until the water stops,' she adds.
'I love it – it makes me so feel invigorated and I’m convinced it has helped to tone my skin. Then I will have 10 minutes in the steam and repeat the cold shower.'

SKINCARE
Pamela loves Aveda's all-natural Damage Remedy range and alternates between that and the Inviati brand to keep her hair soft.
She protects her locks with Aveda's Brilliant Hair protector and gets rid of flyaways with the help of Oribe Moisturising Cream and Moroccan Oil.
Cleansing is done either with Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish ('It's reasonably priced and effective') or coconut oil.
To keep her skin in good shape, she uses Origins A Perfect World moisturiser which comes with SPF25 - a skincare essential according to Pamela.
She also uses Dermalogica Age Reversal eye cream and uses an Omorovicza deep cleansing facial mask once a week. Dermalogica's Power Recovery Mask is another favourite.

BODY CARE
Pamela moisturises her body with coconut oil twice a day and says it keeps her skin 'incredibly soft and nourished'.
She also uses a body brush before showering and prefers paraben-free shower gel brands such as Sai Sei or Faith in Nature.
Once a week, she detoxes by soaking in a bath topped up with pink Himalayan salt crystals and scrubs her feet each day while showering."
Here is my 2 cents:

1)Zelpha hit the nail on the head.. Its hard, meticulous work maintaining youth and beauty....

2)Many can not keep a good disposition or cope well mentally with the life journey , eg. too much yelling, too much freaking out over little things.....Obviously the subject does...

3)Temptation is always around...Many see the best ice cream and cake in the world.. And regardless say "gimme that ice cream and cake!

4)Of course genetics plays a big part!

5)To those who say she does not appear in her 20's (maybe an exaggeration).....Id say "you can play with mother nature but you cant fool father time..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty