Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 05:27 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,594,936 times

Advertisements

I don't wear "thong" flip flops ever I wear sliders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 06:05 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,104,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
im a guy and i wear flip flops all the time in the summer. im not going to sacrifice the coolness and comfort of my feet just because some insecure douchebags want to question my manhood. go ahead and do it and the next question you'll be asking is what color cast you want. come at me bro.
Way to stand up to "The Man"!
Reminds me of the great flip flop riots of '83.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:57 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,958,170 times
I don't think there's an issue with it. I don't mind sandals in the warm weather. I don't find flip flops comfortable to walk in, other than very short distances.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:38 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,604,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
It's really hot here and plenty of men wear them all the time.

Wearing sandals with socks doesn't look good. Wearing athletic shoes with socks that show isn't in style anymore. But flip flops in hot weather are practical and comfortable.

About people outside of your family seeing your feet, feet are just feet. If you take decent care of them (cut the nails, keep them clean and smooth) then they look just like everyone else's feet in the world, and there's nothing weird about wearing shoes that show them.
I had to learn the hard way that lack of foot ventilation itself can cause problems - athlete's foot, pitted keratolysis, etc.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:05 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,481,303 times
I'm in the southwest, and frankly, when the weather gets to 90 to 110 degrees F... I really don't care.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:35 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,932,201 times
Guys are better off with socks. It's not like anyone wants to look at their toes.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:47 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,048,531 times
I'll wear sandals on the beach or at the pool. But for long-distance or everyday walking/running, my feet need actual shoes.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:32 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,210,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I'm a man and when i see another guy wearing flip flops not on the beach it looks extremely gay. If that offends people oh well i'm from a generation where the general public talked like that freely.
what generation would that be? the racist and homophobic generation?

everyone is gay to some degree. there are probably many things that you do that other dudes consider "gay"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
Way to stand up to "The Man"!
Reminds me of the great flip flop riots of '83.
not aware of that, ole'timer. i didn't touch down until '89

but thanks for the sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Guys are better off with socks. It's not like anyone wants to look at their toes.
are you really that obsessed about what other people's feet look like? this shouldn't be an issue to you unless you are a 3 foot tall midget where you have no choice but to stare at other dude's feet.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:34 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,775,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
the first thing I do when Im at home is take off my shoes & socks and wear flip flops, it sure feels a lot cooler & comfortable without shoes

I rarely wear flip flops in public, only around the house

I always wear shoes & socks of some type if Im driving, flip flops are not good for driving footwear.

my favorite footwear to wear with shorts = running shoes, usually trail runners, since they also make good trail hiking shoes or for walking, flip flops make bad long distance walking shoes, not enough support.

The only stigma is for guys with big old humungous ugly caveman feet , if you have ugly or unsightly feet, please wear shoes so you dont offend others.
Wear what you want. Comfort rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
Depends on where you live ...never saw em in MN now that I live in vegas I see them all the time.
Then you must not have gotten out much! I see them all the time! Always have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I'm a man and when i see another guy wearing flip flops not on the beach it looks extremely gay. If that offends people oh well i'm from a generation where the general public talked like that freely.
Choice of footwear has nothing to do with sexuality.

OP, wear what you want. If you find them comfortable, wear 'em! If you don't, then don't! Pretty simple.

I have reached the age where I wear what I want, not what other people think a woman of my age should wear! Flip flops, sandals, tennis shoes, tank tops, shorts...I love them all, so that's what I wear in the summer.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:35 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,364,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
the first thing I do when Im at home is take off my shoes & socks and wear flip flops, it sure feels a lot cooler & comfortable without shoes

I rarely wear flip flops in public, only around the house

I always wear shoes & socks of some type if Im driving, flip flops are not good for driving footwear.

my favorite footwear to wear with shorts = running shoes, usually trail runners, since they also make good trail hiking shoes or for walking, flip flops make bad long distance walking shoes, not enough support.

The only stigma is for guys with big old humungous ugly caveman feet , if you have ugly or unsightly feet, please wear shoes so you dont offend others.
I was reading your comments and thought I would post my normal foot wear situation.

When I come home from work I take off my shoes at the door before I enter. I work in a hospital and you never know what you may have stepped on. LOL The work shoes end up in the garage. Once I am in, no shoes at all. If I go out in the yard, no shoes or flip flops most of the time. As soon as I change after work I will keep the feet naked unless I am going out somewhere. Most of the time I toss on my flip flops including when I am driving. I hate to drive with shoes and the flip flops can easily come off in the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty